Samuel Trade Not Really A Splash?

Guest Fibonacci

I think he was saying that we made a huge splash by spending very little. That's what I gathered at least.

agreed. we got a pro bowl caliper for a 7th rounder....when there is very few as caliper in the 7th round.

I think the OP does not know how to read all the millions of post out there. either that or he is one ticked off filthy diggle berry fan.

I think he was saying that we made a huge splash by spending very little. That's what I gathered at least.

Yeah, sorry my original post was poorly worded. I meant TD pulled the trigger because of it being a great value not because he was worried about people complaining that the Falcons weren't doing anything.

It was frugal and it was a splash. But the genius of the pick is that by giving up a 7th rounder, we potentially saved a 4th-7th round comp pick by not signing him as a FA. In a way, with Lofton and Weems going in FA, we essentially get a pick next year by getting Asante instead of signing a comparable FA.

Yeah, sorry my original post was poorly worded. I meant TD pulled the trigger because of it being a great value not because he was worried about people complaining that the Falcons weren't doing anything.

Yeah, I tend to think TD marches to the beat of his own drum and disregards most of us fans anyways. After all, we're all idiots. It was just a great opportunity to pick-up a great guy for a very cheap price. I doubt we're the only team that jumped on the deal, but Asante Samuel probably favored us over the other teams.

agreed. we got a pro bowl caliper for a 7th rounder....when there is very few as caliper in the 7th round.

I think the OP does not know how to read all the millions of post out there. either that or he is one ticked off filthy diggle berry fan.

Calipers go behind breaks...lol.

It was frugal and it was a splash. But the genius of the pick is that by giving up a 7th rounder, we potentially saved a 4th-7th round comp pick by not signing him as a FA. In a way, with Lofton and Weems going in FA, we essentially get a pick next year by getting Asante instead of signing a comparable FA.

Yes I agree..Let's see we spent a 7th round pick on a pro-bowl CB, and picked up a 4th next year in the process. What's not to like?

Edited by citsalp

Where is the Splash in trading a big name for a big name?

Where is the Splash in trading a high draft pick for a big name?

Where is the Splash in trading a big name for a high draft pick?

A Splash is getting something for nothing (or next to nothing)

Edited by delaigle