Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BankerBird™

The Official AFMB 2012 Nfl Draft Thread

1,662 posts in this topic

So to sum up

2nd round - C Peter Konz

3rd round - LT Lamar Holmes

5th round - FB Bradie Ewing

5th round - LB Jonathan Massaquai

6th round - SS Mitchell

7th round - CB Asante Samuel

Could you get a more perfect draft without a first rounder? #1 center #1 FB, top 5 CB, project LT to replace Baker and some solid depth and special teams players. Can't ask for much more with limited ammo.

Really? Care to elaborate?

Go watch some tape , I just did.. I thought we would get a S but didn't have even clue who.. Mitchell had over 90 takles the last two years and is a great against the run..This may be the best pick for where he was taken..

So to sum up

2nd round - C Peter Konz

3rd round - LT Lamar Holmes

5th round - FB Bradie Ewing

5th round - LB Jonathan Massaquai

6th round - SS Mitchell

7th round - CB Asante Samuel

Could you get a more perfect draft without a first rounder? #1 center #1 FB, top 5 CB, project LT to replace Baker and some solid depth and special teams players. Can't ask for much more with limited ammo.

Good post. We still have the comp. 7th as well.

Also, some are high on Massaquoi. Never know really.

Schwarzwald likes this

Go watch some tape , I just did.. I thought we would get a S but didn't have even clue who.. Mitchell had over 90 takles the last two years and is a great against the run..This may be the best pick for where he was taken..

90 tackles in each of the last two years.. Very productive.. key.

Where did you find his tape? All I can find is his two-INT game from back in 2009. In his 4-year college career the guy has broken a grand total of 7 passes!

Mitchell is one of the few guys we took that I targeted. He is good vs the run and has the athleticism to fare well in coverage even though he did not exhibit that in college. I was hoping that could be developed. Maybe he is a better pro than he was in college because of coaching, scheme, and opportunity.

Did you guys see the pick announcement for Mr. Irrelevant? One of the funniest things I've seen in years! I hope someone posts that video on Youtube! I could watch it a million times and it never get old!