Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fibonacci

Quizz Said He Will Give 22 Up

29 posts in this topic

JacQuizz Rodgers@Qui22Rodgers

For you falcon fans @pick_six22 will be wearing 22..It wouldnt be right if he wasnt in that duece duece this season. #VetRespect

did not see this posted.

I still say that quizz should take number one.

EDIT: I figured NFL could wear any number like they do in college. I know must players stayed in the same range it seemed, but never knew it was required. (also there is two #30's nance and hansen. but I guess if hansen is on the roster this season then that number would have to be given up.) http://www.atlantafalcons.com/roster-players/

RB - 20-49 so this is the numbers he gets to select from.

31 is retired

27 is worn by mcclain CB

47 is worn by Albritton LS

36, 37, 38, 32, 43, 45, 46, 49 is available. and if Rodgers wanted 27 or 47 then I think he could have that number without a problem seeing how mcclain and alberitton is a college FA 2012

Running backs can't wear #1. It's a stupid rule, but they're only allowed to wear 20-49

that is stupid. very stupid. I thought it was not preferred but you could.

Samuel joins some good company of Falcon CB's who wore #22..

Lawrence,Rolland1.jpg

Rolland gave up that TD to the cowgirls when they beat us in the palyoffs Jan 1981. I think that was his last game as a Falcon. Not sure.

Nah. The NFL is strict on their numbering system.

It's just a traditional way of doing things, my conference in college had a similar policy. It does help the Refs and opposing teams when it comes to eligible receivers among other things.

remember when Reggie Bush was so egotistical he told the NFL to make an exception to their numbering policy so he could wear number 5.

Doesnt surprise me since he was a Taint at the time.

i think even WRs can only go down to 10. could be wrong, but dont think so.

Goes back again to when Reggie fought over getting #5 for the saints. And he is more of a WR than RB.

remember when Reggie Bush was so egotistical he told the NFL to make an exception to their numbering policy so he could wear number 5.

Doesnt surprise me since he was a Taint at the time.

Lolol shut up. He didn't tell anybody ****. He asked if they would make an exception for him because he really wanted to wear it, they said no.

Call him a WR and give him #1

WRs can't wear 1 either. 11-19, 80-89.

Do people really not know about the numbering system? I imagine if you watch or want to act like you pay attention to the NFL, then you would know it.

NJDirtyBird7 and big_D like this

Lolol shut up. He didn't tell anybody ****. He asked if they would make an exception for him because he really wanted to wear it, they said no.

Bush's selection by the New Orleans Saints in the NFL draft generated excitement and celebration among Saints fans. By the end of the week after the draft, Reebok reported receiving over 15,000 orders for Bush's Saints jersey, even though his jersey number with the Saints had not yet been determined.[30] Bush had petitioned the NFL to wear the number 5, which he has worn throughout his high school and college careers. However, in order for him to wear that number, the NFL would have to revise its numbering regulations, which require running backs to wear a number between 20 and 49. Bush was allowed to wear the number 5 during the Saints' minicamp practices pending the NFL's ruling. On May 23, 2006, the NFL competition committee officially rejected his request, and on May 25 it was officially announced that Bush would be wearing number 25, acquired from Saints running back Fred McAfee. Although Bush had earlier pledged to donate a quarter of the money he received from jersey sales to Hurricane Katrina victims if allowed to wear the number 5

I guess 'told' the NFL was the wrong wording.

BTW, no need to tell me to shut up fool.

Do people really not know about the numbering system? I imagine if you watch or want to act like you pay attention to the NFL, then you would know it.

College is different, there is absolutely not restraint on numbers in college, a kicker could be 88 and a QB can be 22

NFL assigns number ranges, WR range is listed above. RBs have to abide by the same code as DBs. QBs 1-19, TEs 40-49, 80-89, LBs 50-59, 90-99, and DL 50-79, 90-99, OL 50-79.

It doesn't seem like they do. You don't see quarterbacks wearing numbers in the 60's just like you don't see lineman wearing #1. This isn't college, NFL has differerent rules that helps officials know who is what, for example the eligible receivers.

ahhhh come on don't be mean like that.

I thought it was only recomended, I did not know it was a must.

I see refs throw there hats down and I know what it means.....but I ton of people who watch the NFL do not know what it means.....do you? honestly without google, etc.

(and no phone a friend either) LOL