Bye Bye Georgia Dome - Hello Retractable Roof

If they decide to tear the Dome down, I guess the Falcons will be playing at either Boddy Dodd or Sanford Stadium while the new one is being built.

In the article it says they won't be building it at the Dome sight, so it'll remain open until after the new stadium is opened.

The proposed plan is to build the new stadium next to the Congress Center & the truck yard behind it. The Dome will stay open until completion & the retractable roof will allow for indoor events.I grew up going to Fulton County Stadium, and I may have just been young & didn't know any better, but I enjoyed the atmosphere. The weather was normally pretty good, the fans were great. Really the only bad part was we were losing. So victories there were cause for extra celebration I guess. I would like the fact we could open the roof on beautiful Atlanta Sundays,& close it when the weather was inclement

The proposed plan is to build the new stadium next to the Congress Center & the truck yard behind it. The Dome will stay open until completion & the retractable roof will allow for indoor events.I grew up going to Fulton County Stadium, and I may have just been young & didn't know any better, but I enjoyed the atmosphere. The weather was normally pretty good, the fans were great. Really the only bad part was we were losing. So victories there were cause for extra celebration I guess. I would like the fact we could open the roof on beautiful Atlanta Sundays,& close it when the weather was inclement

It's going to look something like this for a while. Lucas Oil and RCA Dome in the background.

newaerial.jpg