New helmet vs old helmet

New logo vs old logo

New slogan vs old slogan

New music vs old music

This jerk reporter vs that jerk reporter

Suspensions now or suspensions later

Restructure contracts vs not restructure contracts

On and On and On

IS anyone at all worried about the play on the field?

Edited by delaigle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-

I see so many post with people Worried about so many different things

Hard Knocks vs no Hard Knocks

New name vs old name

New stadium vs old stadium

New jersey vs old jersey

New helmet vs old helmet

New logo vs old logo

New slogan vs old slogan

New music vs old music

On and On and On

Not sure if you were aware but there is no play on the field...it's the off season.

I still understand what dilaigle is talking about. Next we'll be discussing what color jock straps would be more desirable, what player has the coolest car, who wears support hose during the games, what brand drink should be in the drink coolers at the sidelines, what players should come out of the tunnel at game time holding hands, etc. Just a bunch of bored fans with a lot of time on our hands. You noticed I said "our" hands. I'm just as guilty as the next guy.

I wanted the team to be on Hard Knocks more then anyone. I think it'd be a way for us to see how the FO and coaching staff works. So many of us criticize them, actually seeming them in action may alter some peoples opinions. It would also help build our fan base, and allow us to see how are players are preparing. I wanna see how hard Ryan is working in the weight room..... But I also think HBO Hard Knocks has an affect or curse for the superstitious........

Baltimore Ravens (2001*) 10-6 (2002) 7-9 *2001 Playoffs Divisional Round L 27-10

Dallas Cowboys (2002*) 5-11 (2003) 10-6 2003 Playoffs WildCard L 29-10

Kansas City Chiefs (2007*) 4-12 (2008) 2-14 DNQ 2007, 2008

Dallas Cowboys (2008*) 9-7 (2009) 11-5 2009 Divisional Round L 34-3

Cincinnati Bengals (2009*) 10-6 (2010) 4-12 *2009 Playoffs WildCard L 24-14

New York Jets (2010*) 11-5 (2011) 8-8 *2010 Playoffs AFC Championship L 24-9

Edited by B_Lo_Touchdowns

Hard Knocks has never done anything for anybody. It's just a cool documentary that people like to watch. It doesn't help you "get over" with the crowd, because that doesn't matter.

I disagree. Hard Knocks is free advertisement for the Falcons. It has the possibility to bring more fans to the Falcons, and more fans = more revenue for the Falcons.

-

I see so many post with people Worried about so many different things

Hard Knocks vs no Hard Knocks

New name vs old name

New stadium vs old stadium

New jersey vs old jersey

New helmet vs old helmet

New logo vs old logo

New slogan vs old slogan

New music vs old music

On and On and On

and people wonder why the Ryan topics go on and on.

I disagree. Hard Knocks is free advertisement for the Falcons. It has the possibility to bring more fans to the Falcons, and more fans = more revenue for the Falcons.

This is exactly why I wanted them to do it. Looks like same ol same ol this season for the Falcons image. Boring.

Same could be done with merchandise. All it takes is 1 bad clip or created drama to sway public image. Not to mention once you let the media in, they aren't easy to get rid of. Long after HK would be over the reg media would be there to kick us at every wrong turn.

Yes teams need bandwagon fans but those same fans also jump ship at the first sign of icebergs. Any fan who was a fan through the Vick drama should understand the media is not our friends.

The media has its part in helping the NFL grow, but they can also help control public opinion. Ask and Vick fan who was here when he went to jail, ask any pats fan during the spygate stuff or saints fan now with bounty gate. All it takes is 1 slip up or rumor, for the wolves to come out. It took kicking our team to the verge of destruction before the media felt sorry enough for us to leave us alone.

No news is good news. Fly under the radar. Let coaches worry about the season and task ahead and not being actors for HBO ratings.

cant give us a SB, and cant even give us Hard Knocks.....typical.......be nice to have something to look forward to.

Yeah because looking forward to the actual season sucks, not sure how we do it every year? Because looking forward to the Draft and preseason is just dumb like the rest of the NFL teams fans.

Anyways doesn't matter, we aren't doing it and ill worry about what the team is doing, not for how good of actors they are.

GJ blank, the falcons are not jersey shore and we dont need any situations.

People are in here whining that HBO would create controversy when there is no evidence of it happening in the 6 or so seasons they have been filming the show. Everyone from the coaches, media, and players have had nothing but good things to say about it. Well scratch that, the only person who had an issue is Antonio Cromartie, and do you really want to be standing alone with Cromartie on any issue?

But you guys may have a point, maybe the increased media coverage would have a negative effect on the team. Could explain why we fall apart like old cookies once the playoff spotlight hits us.

Edited by the_sheff

I like the fact that the Falcons declined to go on Hard Knocks. The mood and atmosphere in training camp is and should be all about believing that you are the team that is going to win the super bowl this year, if not then there is no point in playing. Therefor with all the cameras around the attitude of thinking that we are the ones to win the superbowl will only create negative publicity every time the Falcons fail to win a game, or make a bad play. The benefit of gaining a few more fans and selling a little more merchandise does not outweigh the benefits of having a quieter off season, to allow the new coaches to implement there new systems. Having a good season and winning a playoff game will gain us many more fans than a TV show. With that said it would have been cool so see the Falcons up close, just not worth it in my opinion.

Not to mention. People think we will gain fans. But look at comments where this story was posted or anywhere talking about us on the show and its clear. People did not wanna see us. We dont have any real drama going on. We aren't involved in any scandals and we dont have any real divas.

Really look at Denver... Manning drama, go look for jets and Teebow time (thats a winner), or saints and bounty gate drama. etc etc etc.

People want drama and we are not the big story team that makes headlines. The most drama we have is White and his twitter. I dont need to pay HBO to see that.

Not to mention. People think we will gain fans. But look at comments where this story was posted or anywhere talking about us on the show and its clear. People did not wanna see us. We dont have any real drama going on. We aren't involved in any scandals and we dont have any real divas.

Really look at Denver... Manning drama, go look for jets and Teebow time (thats a winner), or saints and bounty gate drama. etc etc etc.

People want drama and we are not the big story team that makes headlines. The most drama we have is White and his twitter. I dont need to pay HBO to see that.

Translation = Falcons are boring.

Translation = Falcons are boring.

Yep... Sums up our offseason as well. But look at the comments and it seems to be the general idea. We just are not "that team" that has all the major headlines drama, since Vick left. Thats cool with me. I dont want no TO`s, Moss or Teebows etc etc. Just the falcons and some football.

Smith can get his coffee in the morning, run some practices, do some drills, and put his media face on and smile and say all the right things and thats a good day. No major headlines is fine with me. Just give me the football and the can keep the drama. Ill have fun laughing at the Saints and Patrino for my fun drama.

We want national media attention blank? We want a new stadium blank? Then why not let the world sse your team then? I dnt get it.. maybe they feel this team isnt mature enough for something like that with certain clowns like decoude and nic...

I thought it could FINALLY put the falcons on the map...

Hard Knocks will not bring more fans and revenue. Your fooling yourself. A winning team brings increased ticket sales and sports gear revenue.

Maybe AB and the boys at Flowery Branch told HBO let us get the show closer to when a new stadium will open up. Just a postponement for now and then they can help create a buzz to encourage new season ticket holders and fill the seats at the new stadium.

I would at least hope for something like that. I'm not that mad that the team doesn't want tons of extra camera crews running around while trying to install a brand new offense and defense in the same offseason.

I would rather the Falcons take a WWE approach on this as well. Create a Youtube channel and let players setup their own videos. Use their own camera crews and do their own show. Where they control the content.

Make it just for fans and for fun to expand the fans experience.

Like D-block did. Put different segments shows together for their own fans. Highlight different players. But its not for HBO ratings or for drama. But its for the fans. Im cool with doing something like that. I have no issues with expanding the experience and the content for fans during the offseason. But watching some player lose him dream job getting cut, is stuff they show for ratings and id rather not see stuff like that.

Hard Knocks will not bring more fans and revenue. Your fooling yourself. A winning team brings increased ticket sales and sports gear revenue.

We have been this so called "under the radar team" and quiet team since this new regime has taken over, and where has this gotten us? A loss in the playoffs every year...

I have a stupedous idea for a team that would be a perfect fit for "HARD KNOCKS" :

NEW ORLEANS TAINTS! esp after they lose several players next week from Goodells suspensions.

Camera men could film and record all the sorry azz excuses that spew from the swamp gas infected brainless mofo's.