Falcons Decline "hard Knocks"

bdog

I'm disappointed, I would've really liked to see it.

I don't buy the distraction thing either. The Ravens and Jets both made the playoffs the years after they did it (with the Jets making the AFC title game). This would've been a really good opportunity to expand the fanbase. As someone mentioned before, if you look at all the teams that made the playoffs last year, we're probably the team that gets the least respect.

The distraction angle won't fly with me either. That kind of thought process typifies this team when the "big lights" start to shine -play tight and safe. I think that this was an opportunity to get this team needed exposure. Most teams already know their weaknesses anyway. This kind of exposure would force some of these players to raise their level of play.

I think that the front office was leery of the possible negative story lines. It seems as though they feel that they need to protect the brand.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly ..We are very vanilla ..We have no juice or buzz around this team outside being 1 and done ..HBO offered cause they can make it juicy ..They would string out the Brent Grimes hold out and how we have under performed in playoff spots...HBO does the same **** with the 24/7 Mayweather/Cotto its the same **** with 24/7 yet HBO keeps me watching ..

They turned it down cause they are a SOFT FRANCHISE ...TD is a clown that doesnt want to draw any added heat on his job and his bust picks like Sam Baker...Watching Sam Baker get demolished in camp makes TD look like a clown..Our free agency was quiet ...Who cares about Lofa and bargains we signed..

They turned it down cause they dont want to be exposed as fraud football team

You are f**ked up in the head to post this crap.

What controversy did they manufacture during the seasons the Chiefs and Ravens were on? All they do is film what happens, nothing more.

Controversy or no controversy, we are a professional team that doesn't need to pimp ourselves on a TV show. Sorry, just my opinion and Kroy doesn't need to appear on the Housewives of Atlanta because I feel if he wants recognition, do a worthwhile community event and get your TV time that way or when you're on the playing field. JMO.

I don't understand why they would reject this, I mean as people stated, most teams that were on this show have gone on to the playoffs and won a game. We needed the exposure to get over.

Edited by Skar

This is free marketing for the Falcons; which in turn could lead to more fans and more fans = more merchandise and tickets sold... I think this is a horrible decision. A few cameras would not have been a distraction during preseason imo.

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

I did not want the falcons getting near HBO. Let the Saints get more mics and cameras in their locker room smile.png

My sentiments exactly. The falcons made a very wise and thoughtful choice in declining. Why defer any attention away from that media cesspool of corruption down in nawlins...

Nope. It was a joke.

I can only guess as to why they declined, but my guess is they didn't want to provide free film to the other teams. Smith is as conservative as they come.

Well MM is gone so teams don't know what kind of plays we will run since MM loves doing the same thing over and over again being very predictable. lol.

Edited by Skar

For all of you who wanted the drama, sure it would be fun until a small internal spat or a comment that normally stayed inside, got traction on the air-waves... then it becomes a cluster that you cant turn off.

I say we wait until we have a playoff win under the belt then... let hbo come on down...

For all of you who wanted the drama, sure it would be fun until a small internal spat or a comment that normally stayed inside, got traction on the air-waves... then it becomes a cluster that you cant turn off.

I say we wait until we have a playoff win under the belt then... let hbo come on down...

Just because it's big in the media and on message boards doesn't mean that the players and coaches could gives two ***** about it.

There's drama with or without camera's.

This is free marketing for the Falcons; which in turn could lead to more fans and more fans = more merchandise and tickets sold... I think this is a horrible decision. A few cameras would not have been a distraction during preseason imo.

wrong , if you don't know about the Atlanta Falcons by now and you call yourself a football fan then you need to follow another sport