Falcons Decline "hard Knocks"

bdog

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the insight we would see as fans, so would other teams. That may help them evaluate our talent or find weakness. The on film a team should have on us is from Sundays. Not because we allowed teams to see how we work out, prep or function.

I must say I'm a little disappointed because I think it made sense for the team, with where we're at at the moment. While there are certainly plenty of extremely passionate fans out there, and I'd include myself as one, it's probably fair to say that this hardcore fanbase is smaller in numbers than most of the teams which are contending on a year to year basis. With the back to back winning seasons curse long behind us, in football terms we've well and truly made ourselves a real football team, but at the same time we don't get the respect from the average NFL fans that comes with this. Hard Knocks could have been a good opportunity to address this.

Also, in the last year or two Ryan has become a very common target for the barbs of both media pundits, and fans (both our own and other teams) alike. Even though It's clear he's not Brady, Rodgers, or Brees, I love the guy. He brings an undrafted FA work ethic to the table eventhough he was a top 3 draft pick, and I just think if the general public got more of an insight into the guys personality, and blue collar approach, I think a lot of people would warm to him.

At the end of the day though Dimitroff has more experience in running an NFL team then I do, so I don't have a big problem with the decision, Just a little bit of a shame is all...

We are boring, good move by Blank.

exactly ..We are very vanilla ..We have no juice or buzz around this team outside being 1 and done ..HBO offered cause they can make it juicy ..They would string out the Brent Grimes hold out and how we have under performed in playoff spots...HBO does the same **** with the 24/7 Mayweather/Cotto its the same **** with 24/7 yet HBO keeps me watching ..

They turned it down cause they are a SOFT FRANCHISE ...TD is a clown that doesnt want to draw any added heat on his job and his bust picks like Sam Baker...Watching Sam Baker get demolished in camp makes TD look like a clown..Our free agency was quiet ...Who cares about Lofa and bargains we signed..

They turned it down cause they dont want to be exposed as fraud football team

exactly ..We are very vanilla ..We have no juice or buzz around this team outside being 1 and done ..HBO offered cause they can make it juicy ..They would string out the Brent Grimes hold out and how we have under performed in playoff spots...HBO does the same **** with the 24/7 Mayweather/Cotto its the same **** with 24/7 yet HBO keeps me watching ..

They turned it down cause they are a SOFT FRANCHISE ...TD is a clown that doesnt want to draw any added heat on his job and his bust picks like Sam Baker...Watching Sam Baker get demolished in camp makes TD look like a clown..Our free agency was quiet ...Who cares about Lofa and bargains we signed..

They turned it down cause they dont want to be exposed as fraud football team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAuR49OFGA&feature=player_embedded

Pictured above "boring"

For everyone screaming distraction, you people realize there are cameras at the games on Sunday right?

Not to mention the half a hundred interviews, public appearances and press conferences in the week leading up to a game. Double it if its Monday Night Football.

I'm disappointed, I would've really liked to see it.

I don't buy the distraction thing either. The Ravens and Jets both made the playoffs the years after they did it (with the Jets making the AFC title game). This would've been a really good opportunity to expand the fanbase. As someone mentioned before, if you look at all the teams that made the playoffs last year, we're probably the team that gets the least respect.

I honestly couldn't see anything good coming from it. HBO wants controversy and if they didn't have it, they'd manufacture it.

What controversy did they manufacture during the seasons the Chiefs and Ravens were on? All they do is film what happens, nothing more.

Edited by the_sheff