Really, I Don't See The Problem With Ryan's Arm Strength

Guest Negatorris

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty Lice is piece of CRAP QB. I am not a troll. I am a long standing diehard FALCONS FAN. Probably longer than some reading have been born. I saw the catch by Billy "White Shoes Johnson." Did you? Matty lice's arm strength is child like and he has no heart. 2nd String at best...

GO FALCONS!!!!

Matty Lice is piece of CRAP QB. I am not a troll. I am a long standing diehard FALCONS FAN. Probably longer than some reading have been born. I saw the catch by Billy "White Shoes Johnson." Did you? Matty lice's arm strength is child like and he has no heart. 2nd String at best...

GO FALCONS!!!!

"child like and [ ] has no heart" - like the entire Falcons franchise. Yes.

GO FALCONS!!!!

shLoy.jpg

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

GO FALCONS!!!!

Was your slow slip into senility a fun journey old man?

Ironic how when we compare Ryan to other elite QBs in their early years, the Ryan bashers are quick to say stop, but then do the same to make Ryan seem inferior.

Yep. These guys aren't falcons fans.

They despise Matt Ryn with a level of passion that is irrational and anything he ever does will not be good enough for these guys. That's why they refuse to ackowedge any of the positive things that he has achieved - choosing to focus 100% on whichever barometer of success he comes up short in:

Regular season wins: Totally Irrelevent

Passer rating: Totally Irrelevent

TD:INT Ratio : Totally Irrelevant

Playoff Win: THE ONLY true measure of a QB (just becasue Ryan doesn't have one yet)

When Ryan leads the team to a playoff win, they'll say that is meaningless as well - as only Super Bowl wins matter and theyll be talking about Ryan like he's Jamarcus Russell until he wins a championship. If/When he wins one, they'll say the D/OL/coaches/cheerleaders won it or we were lucky and didn't deserve it, and will then point to Trent Dilfer as evidence that even a bum QB can win one.

I just love the irony of it so called fans who demand absolute perfection from our players and team, but whose lives are so pathetic that they spend hundreds and thousdands of hours trashing a football team on the interent just to annoy the team's fansbase. If these guys demanded the same standards of perfection from themsleves, then they sure as he** wouldn't be trolling interent message boards. They are hypocrites.

Yep. These guys aren't falcons fans.

They despise Matt Ryn with a level of passin that is irrational and anything he ever will not be good enough for these guys. That's why they refuse to ackowedge any of the positive things that he has achieved - choosing to focus 100% on whichever measuere of success he comes up short in:

Regular season wins: Totally Irrelevent

Passer rating: Totally Irrelevent

TD:INT Ratio : Totally Irrelevant

Playoff Win: THE ONLY true measure of a QB (just becasue Ryan doesn't have one yet)

When Ryan leads the team to a playoff win, they'll say that meaningless as well - as only Super Bowl wins matter and theyll be talking about Ryan like he's Jamarcus Russell until he gets one. If/When he wins one, they'll say the D/OL/coaches/cheerleaders won it or we were lucky and didn't deserve it, and will point to Trent Dilfer as evidence that even a bum QB can win one.

I just love the irony of it so called fans who demand absolute perfection from our players and team, but whose lives are so pathetic that they spend hundreds and thousdands of hours trashing a football team on the interent just to annoy the team's fansbase. If these guys demanded the same standards of perfection from themsleves, then they sure as he** wouldn't be trolling interent message boards. They are hypocrites.

You would have a point if so many of you would stop giving Ryan all the credit with all this "winningest qb" but then in the playoffs you want to deflect the blame across the board to the entire team when we lose.

When it comes to the playoffs if the likes of Flacco or Sanchez are brought up the first thing some of you say is "well it's because of the defense". Ok so if it's because of some thing else that made them more successful thus far playoff wise then what's to say the defense or running game will be the reason that we actually finally win one?

If you can't give credit to other qbs who have actually won then you shouldn't give credit to Ryan either.

GO FALCONS!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!

If you were a falcons fan back then, i'll give you a little test, who was Super Nat, and what was he known for?

You would have a point if so many of you would stop giving Ryan all the credit with all this "winningest qb" but then in the playoffs you want to deflect the blame across the board to the entire team when we lose.

When it comes to the playoffs if the likes of Flacco or Sanchez are brought up the first thing some of you say is "well it's because of the defense". Ok so if it's because of some thing else that made them more successful thus far playoff wise then what's to say the defense or running game will be the reason that we actually finally win one?

If you can't give credit to other qbs who have actually won then you shouldn't give credit to Ryan either.

Who is giving Ryan ALL the credit?

Football is a team game. You win and lose as a team. Full stop. End of story. The QB is the single most importnat position on the team, but that doesn't mean a team with a good QB doesn't lose, or that teams with medicore QB can't be successful.

HOWEVER, you don't become the 2nd winningest 4th Yr QB in NFL HISTORY, or have the 13th best career passer rating of all time, without being a good QB at the very least.

Nobody can look at the 2008-2011 Atlanta Falcons and say that Ryan has been piggybacking on a great defense. If we'd had a top 3 or top 5 D every year then maybe, but we haven't been close to that level. Our running game has been a major contributor without question, but nobody is going to call the 2008-2011 falcons one of the greatest running teams in NFL history either.

Ryan is a good (to very good) QB (probably about 7th-10th best in the NFL) who needs to improve his performances in big games. He does't have the biggest arm in the NFL and isn't a mobile QB, but he

is a student of the game, who makes good decisons, is accurate and has enough of an arm to be able to make the full range of throws that a Qb needs to make, inclusding the deep out.

His performance through yr 4 stacks up well against where most of the elite QBs in the NFL were after 4 yrs in the NFL, which suggets that he has a chance to become an elite QB. Most great QBs don't become elite until yrs 6 or 7. Maybe Ryan takes that step and maybe he doesn't.

We should be grteful to have a QB who is good enough after 4 yrs to be widely regarded as someone who has a chance to become elite.

You guys BS about posters on here worshipping Ryan. I bet you won't find anyone on here who (1) Thinks Matt Ryan IS elite right now or (2) belives that Matt Ryan doesn't need to be more consistent and play better in big games.

You demand success like its quick and easy to achieve. The reality, is that the NFL is the most competitive ports league on the plnaet. A league with 32 teams all of who are as desparate to win as we are, and who are just as committed to doing so. It's a league where over 60% of the teams fail to even make the playoffs every season, and twhere your chances of super bowl success are just 1 in 32. In a league of parity with an unforgiving one and done playoff system (and a flawed playoff seeding system), the playoffs themselves are little more than lottery. The number of top seeds who have gone 0-1 recently is evidence of that, as is the fact that 3 of the last 5 super bowl failed to win more than 10 regular season games (and 2 of the last 5 NFC Champs finished the regular season only 1 game above 0.500). A key injury, lucky bounce of the ball, a blown call by the refs, or the tiniest of margins on a single play, will often the difference between failure. That's why is is asanine to demand instant success, as if it is easy to achieve.

Different from you. When you get proven wrong you just keep whining until everyone leaves the thread like a high school girl who's to proud to admit that she got dumped. I'm not gonna insult you but my regards to your opinion are low. I see no point in further arguing a man who's mind is unchangeable. I'm sure when Ryan cracks the top 7 this year you'll find a way to discredit him and point out every single flaw he has. If every person thought like you, guys like Brady would have probably never made the league and excelled. I guess players can't improve unless their physical Gods.

I've yet to be proven right or wrong on this and unlike you, I will man up if I am. I have before.

You have to get over this fantasy of a significant physical improvement for a football player entering his 5th year. You and your ilk decry all the hits Matt has taken as having the effect of making him look gun shy. Why is that? Could it be that taking a beating hurts, wears you down and impacts your performance? Ryan's in the gym trying to get stronger so he'll hold up better. It's not a magic pill to increase arm strength for someone who's life is throwing the football

He can make all the throws he needs to throw.

Yes he can make all the throws, but he doesn't. Why not? it's because he doesn't have the margin of error that increased arm strength or mobility would provide.

You and others can continue to believe it's some great conspiracy of ineptitude, designed to keep a QB from reaching his potential and sabotage the franchise.

the 13th best career passer rating of all time, without being a good QB at the very least.

This kind of cherry picking, but Chad Pennington is #12 on that list, Schaub #10 and Romo #2.

Matt is 9th among active QBs. The only thing this list suggests is that Romo is likely the player to take the big step forward and become elite.

You demand success like its quick and easy to achieve. The reality, is that the NFL is the most competitive ports league on the plnaet. A league with 32 teams all of who are as desparate to win as we are, and who are just as committed to doing so. It's a league where over 60% of the teams fail to even make the playoffs every season, and twhere your chances of super bowl success are just 1 in 32. In a league of parity with an unforgiving one and done playoff system (and a flawed playoff seeding system), the playoffs themselves are little more than lottery. The number of top seeds who have gone 0-1 recently is evidence of that, as is the fact that 3 of the last 5 super bowl failed to win more than 10 regular season games (and 2 of the last 5 NFC Champs finished the regular season only 1 game above 0.500). A key injury, lucky bounce of the ball, a blown call by the refs, or the tiniest of margins on a single play, will often the difference between failure. That's why is is asanine to demand instant success, as if it is easy to achieve.

Who expects instant success ? Falcons have had 4 years to take any kind of step in playoff performance they have not . We are no closer to our ultimate goal a championship then the Carolina Panthers...Last year we saw a rookie QB in TJ Yates help lead his team to a playoff win as a back up followed by a QB Tim Tebow who all the critics kill for his lack of mechanics and his accuracy but he still found a way at home to beat a solid football team and help lead his team to playoff success..Tim Tebow who is a below avg QB yet still made game changing plays where Ryan has not in 4 years in playoffs..Also we dont know what tomorrow will bring ..We could have easily blown our chance to be a Super Bowl team as 1 seed and home field advantage instead we get our ***** handed to us at home..Follow up by a pathetic performance in 2011 playoffs vs Giants

Lets put some things into perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78WG9hcZZYY

Tim Tebow who in my opinion is a pretty avg QB . Mechanics are flawed..His accuracy is awful ..

* YET

This was him in his first playoff game vs a good football team Pitt Steelers..same team Ryan struggled against

Lets dissect all plays in Video Tebow made that we have not seen from Ryan in 3 playoff performances

@45 seconds

@ 1:06 - Tebow got lil pressure inside didnt panic ..Just showed solid pocket awareness took a step back reead the field

and delivered a nice long pass for big yardage RIGHT ON THE MONEY

@ 1: 25 35 yard beautiful thrown pass on sidelines for a TD ...this ball was also placed on $$

@ 1:41 - look at beautiful thrown post pattern ....

SHOULD I KEEP GOING ...WHERE ARE THESE PLAYS BY MATT RYAN IN PLAYOFFS ??

If you were a falcons fan back then, i'll give you a little test, who was Super Nat, and what was he known for?

Wasn't he that tiny punt returner we had back in the early 80s? Reggie something. Only played a couple years, made Quizz look like Kereem Abdul Jabar

"Rodgers did this and Ryan hasn't"

"Brees did this and Ryan hasn't"

"Brady did this and Ryan hasn't"

"Manning did this and Ryan hasn't"

And on and on and on ad nauseam.

Brady was/is paired with Bill Belichick, Charlie Wiess and good to great defenses when he was winning Super Bowls.

Brees is paired with Peyton (and a very soild and opportunistic defense, three years ago)

Rodgers is paired Mike McCarthy (and a pretty awsome defense, two years ago)

P Manning was paired with Dungy (and a defense that played lights out during the postseason)

E. Manning is paired with Coughlin (and a defense that was lights out this postseason).

Do you see a pattern here?

Let me break it to you...this isn't just about the QB. This is about the coaching staff and how the team, get it, TEAM, is playing come playoff time.

Geez!

I here ya, Gritz...why bother!

"Rodgers did this and Ryan hasn't"

"Brees did this and Ryan hasn't"

"Brady did this and Ryan hasn't"

"Manning did this and Ryan hasn't"

And on and on and on ad nauseam.

Brady was/is paired with Bill Belichick, Charlie Wiess and good to great defenses when he was winning Super Bowls.

Brees is paired with Peyton (and a very soild and opportunistic defense, three years ago)

Rodgers is paired Mike McCarthy (and a pretty awsome defense, two years ago)

P Manning was paired with Dungy (and a defense that played lights out during the postseason)

E. Manning is paired with Coughlin (and a defense that was lights out this postseason).

Do you see a pattern here?

Let me break it to you...this isn't just about the QB. This is about the coaching staff and how the team, get it, TEAM, is playing come playoff time.

Geez!

I here ya, Gritz...why bother!

And now he's going to switch it to how it proves his point that Smitty needs to be fired too lol look at those playcallers compared to our old playcaller. Even Tebow had his playbook switched midseason to fit what he does. Our playbook didn't even evolve after 4 years.

Lets put some things into perspective http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78WG9hcZZYY Tim Tebow who in my opinion is a pretty avg QB . Mechanics are flawed..His accuracy is awful .. * YET This was him in his first playoff game vs a good football team Pitt Steelers..same team Ryan struggled against Lets dissect all plays in Video Tebow made that we have not seen from Ryan in 3 playoff performances @45 seconds @ 1:06 - Tebow got lil pressure inside didnt panic ..Just showed solid pocket awareness took a step back reead the field and delivered a nice long pass for big yardage RIGHT ON THE MONEY @ 1: 25 35 yard beautiful thrown pass on sidelines for a TD ...this ball was also placed on $$ @ 1:41 - look at beautiful thrown post pattern .... SHOULD I KEEP GOING ...WHERE ARE THESE PLAYS BY MATT RYAN IN PLAYOFFS ??

You forgot to mention one littel important factor...Denver's defense against Pittsburgh.

You forgot to mention one littel important factor...Denver's defense against Pittsburgh.

what does that have to do with 1 QB making plays and another not making plays ...lets look past Denver actually winning the game on a Tebow throw

where are the plays Ryan made in playoffs that Tebow made in playoffs ?

Edited by Twifws