Has Anyone Been To Arrowhead?

My girlfriend and I plan on going to our first NFL game (a first for each of us). We live in Nebraska and I have been a Falcons fan since I started watching football. She is just a fan because I am wink.png Anyway, I was curious if anyone has been there as a fan of the visiting team and just how mean/rude they are. My best friend is a Steelers fan and he said he has had beer cans and crap thrown at him (One time his Dad got one thrown at him and his dad yelled ""****, you have a better arm than your quarterback!")

Anyway, just wondering what to expect so any information is helpful.

Edited by derrtybird07

My girlfriend and I plan on going to our first NFL game (a first for each of us). We live in Nebraska and I have been a Falcons fan since I started watching football. She is just a fan because I am wink.png Anyway, I was curious if anyone has been there as a fan of the visiting team and just how mean/rude they are. My best friend is a Steelers fan and he said he has had beer cans and crap thrown at him (One time his Dad got one thrown at him and his dad yelled ""****, you have a better arm than your quarterback!")

The Chiefs might have the most diehard fans in the NFL. Unfortunately fans there have gotten to be like most places, they abuse anyone wearing visiting teams' colors.

That stadium is a very tough place for visiting teams to play in. Our Falcons will have thier hands full.

I was there in '04, which is the last time the Falcons played in KC. The thing I remember is the KC fans are unbelievably nice and gracious (unlike ‘Aint fans). This of course could have been because we lost like 56 – 14 or something because the brilliant Mora decided not to punt at all in the 2nd half smile.png Also, the smell of the tailgaters grilling their ribs is the best I’ve ever experienced in all my road game travels. Enjoy!

My wife is a chiefs fan. They are playing on our anniversary weekend. We went to the home opener last year and we are going again this year. It is a tough place for visitors and there are very few in there sea of red! They will definitely give you a really really hard time but once you get past that they are pretty ok people and not too bad but they will for sure make it known that you are the visitor! But it also depends on your general luck and attitude. Go falcons! Hope to see you there.

My wife is a chiefs fan. They are playing on our anniversary weekend. We went to the home opener last year and we are going again this year. It is a tough place for visitors and there are very few in there sea of red! They will definitely give you a really really hard time but once you get past that they are pretty ok people and not too bad but they will for sure make it known that you are the visitor! But it also depends on your general luck and attitude. Go falcons! Hope to see you there.

How far do you travel? Only about a 3.5 hour drive for me.

Oh we have to fly. We could drive but we are an hr south of salt lake city utah. I have seen atl play in Seattle Pittsburgh kc, hopefully Denver or Arizona soon but it cost so much more to fly into Atlanta I can't wait to one day go to a home game but its about a 3 and a half hr flight.

The Chiefs might have the most diehard fans in the NFL. Unfortunately fans there have gotten to be like most places, they abuse anyone wearing visiting teams' colors.

That stadium is a very tough place for visiting teams to play in. Our Falcons will have thier hands full.

With the way the NFL is going with Fan Conduct I don't think crowds will be much a problem this year going forward. Between the undercover cops and the NFL Reinstatement Test programs it's getting crazy. I do like the idea of horrible fans being banned from NFL stadiums but there is a fine line they're riding.

With the way the NFL is going with Fan Conduct I don't think crowds will be much a problem this year going forward. Between the undercover cops and the NFL Reinstatement Test programs it's getting crazy. I do like the idea of horrible fans being banned from NFL stadiums but there is a fine line they're riding.

IN general I have heard the Chiefs fans are pretty ok, but like anything else it only takes a few to ruin things for everyone else.

And the NFL is smart to try to control things when it comes to unruly fans, look what recently happened with the Dodgers fan who was seriously injured in the parking lot.

I have been to Arrowhead twice as my bro-in-law was a KC Redcoater and very active in the organization. The last was the game in 94 which was a blow-out as one mentioned earlier.

Besides the experience of the terrible loss, Arrowhead is the best road trip experience I have ever had. For one, their tailgating lots are expansive over acres of paved parking lot and thousands participate. 2. Unlike the Dome, Arrowhead is in a rural area, right next to the interstate, so getting in and out is much easier than Atlanta. 3. Most of the fans are great, even to the very few visitors when we play them. One of the most impressive things I have ever seen was when I was in the concourse while the National Anthem was being played. Even in the concourse where people were busy getting to the concessions or their seats, virtually everyone stopped and put their hand over their heart and faced the field...You never see that in the Dome.

You should have a great time, especially if we come out of there with a win!

No i haven't been there but Im preparing to purchase my ticket for the same game. Its just a short couple hours down one highway for me so im gonna make a road trip of it. Anybody who is going also, we should tailgate together before the game. Id love to meet up with some of the AFMBers. Seriously if anyone is interested PM me.

No i haven't been there but Im preparing to purchase my ticket for the same game. Its just a short couple hours down one highway for me so im gonna make a road trip of it. Anybody who is going also, we should tailgate together before the game. Id love to meet up with some of the AFMBers. Seriously if anyone is interested PM me.

I'm for sure down. Meeting other Falcon fans there would make it that much better, especially for my first ever NFL game.

Nebraska eh?

Yep...I've never met another Falcons fan around here...and no stores sell their gear unless it's an all NFL store...AND I have to find ways around watching every non-national game (without having Sunday Ticket). It's a Bizznatch. EVERYONE is a Packers, Chiefs, or Broncos fan.

Edited by derrtybird07

Yep...I've never met another Falcons fan around here...and no stores sell their gear unless it's an all NFL store...AND I have to find ways around watching every non-national game (without having Sunday Ticket). It's a Bizznatch. EVERYONE is a Packers, Chiefs, or Broncos fan.

Or Huskers fan......

Originally from Omaha. My family moved to Atlanta in 74 and I finally found them in 75.

Yes, I went to Arrowhead in 2004 when the Chiefs scored an NFL record 8 rushing TDs against us.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.aspx?release_id=1321

We wore our Vick jerseys and everyone was really cool. The tailgating there is incredible and what I wish it was like in Atlanta. The fans were great....they actually started buying us beer when we were down by 40 points. Vick played horrible that game. But the place is cool, the fans are cool, the Bar-b-q is incredible. I may go again this year.

I completely disagree.......

Yes, I went to Arrowhead in 2004 when the Chiefs scored an NFL record 8 rushing TDs against us.

http://www.profootba...release_id=1321

We wore our Vick jerseys and everyone was really cool. The tailgating there is incredible and what I wish it was like in Atlanta. The fans were great....they actually started buying us beer when we were down by 40 points. Vick played horrible that game. But the place is cool, the fans are cool, the Bar-b-q is incredible. I may go again this year.

So....I shouldn't wear one of my 3 Vick jerseys??..... ;)

Sadly, I do own 3. Need to get me a Spoon jersey soon.