My First New Topic: Are Falcon Fans Negative?

I can't lie, I've been labeled a "Debbie Downer" technically, & I guess to a point it's true, I only post when I feel my 2 cents are necessary...so I don't post very much because 1.) We're a pretty **** good team & organization as whole 2.) There are some really intelligent guys on here who bring a great deal of loyalty & dedication to this board that as a native of west atlanta, really warms my heart & 3.) Even our trolls are atleast consistent! lol! Either take the good & leave the bad or just swallow both! I mean, what would steak be without those yummy potatoes & steamed vegetables hmmm?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again I get banned cause posters break coc calling someone idiots or they should get laid

I respond with my own personal attack . If thats wrong so be it but you will never find 1 time where I broke coc first

not 1

Truth! There are 'untouchables' that can write anything they want, heinous, egregious posts that blatantly violate CoC, then the person responding to the vile attacks gets booted.

Uhhh, did I mess up pointing that out?

I know one thing is for sure....I'm the coolest person on this board cool.png

The pic you posted on the thread "show us your photo", you said was taken some time ago. In it you looked like Prince. What makes you "cool" today? Do you now look like Little Richard or are you cool because of your posts?

Edited by big_D

Your post shows your negativity = not a true fan, plain and simple.

Not a true fan, how is that? Don't be a jacka**, nothing about my care for this team says I am not a true fan. I just want to contend and win Super Bowls. If you want the best, you strive for it. If you want 8-8 and 1st round exits, then that's what you want but that's not what I want.

I miss the days of Roberto Alomar and Joe Carter. Since I was born in St Catherines I have always had a soft spot for the Jays despite the fact that I moved to Marietta when I was 12. It really made the '92 series between the Jays and Braves a tough one for me. Unlike the Twins series in '91 where Atlanta was clearly the better team, I think the better team won in '92.

Lots of interest in the Jays this year. Crowds at Air Canada Centre have been shouting down feeble Leafs and Raptor teams with "Go Jays Go" chants

I don't see Falcon fans in general as "negative." Like some have already have posted, the true % of almost perpetually negative members on here is actually quite small. The problem is so many are like irritating, barking dogs on each and every thread they appear to be greater in number than in reality.

In fact, there a dozens upon dozens of posters here that are greatly mostly positive or realistic, while there's probably about ten that are inherently and incessantly negative people. Some I honestly think should be on mood stabilizers and anti-depressants as they can bring down or even contaminate even the most positive or inarguable topics.

On the subject of the general attitude of the Falcons, while true we have been a transient city, it is also true that this franchise is just now, after 4 decades, showing some stability and consistently good teams. Some of the things that, as long time Falcon fans have had to endure:

1. 1973: After 8 years in the league, we are finally in a position to make the playoffs. We were 9-3, leading the division, then lose the last two games and out of the playoffs.
  2. 1978: Our first playoff season as a wild card at 9-7, The nest season we go 6-10
  3. 1980: Possibly our best team ever at 12-4 and the Super Bowl favorite by many. We lose in devastating manner to Dallas and then go 7-9 the next season. Mostly horrible teams the next 11 years.
  4. 1991: We go 10-6 but were absolutely run over by the Redskins in the playoffs
  5. 1998: An unexpected Super Bowl only to get national embarrassment by a supposed spiritual and team leader who left his wife and kids in a hotel room while he was trolling for special favors.
  6. 2004: Vick electrified us while getting to the NFCCS, and then slowly melted down thereafter splitting many blacks and white in this city...sad.

Now, when you consider the above and think where we've been the past four winning seasons and 3 playoffs appearances, all we need is to keep consistently being competitive, win some playoff games and the Dome will become a very loud place to go to one day.

How about when a poster told you that you need to get laid (who don't?) and you told him to 'send his whore wife over'?

Telling somebody they need to get laid isn't a personal attack unless you have paper skin.

Personal attacks happen where passions are inflamed. What bothers me is those who report that sort of thing to mods. Like a scuffle in the NHL, it's usually the retaliation that gets punished and not the instigation.

I agree partially with your statement, Packers fans are very loyal...but what the heck else are you going to do in Green Bay, Wisconsin?

Ice fishing is an option, we don't do that here. So hat's off to all Packer fan's that have one Sunday in there life 16 to 20 weeks a year to live for.

The population of Green Bay is barely 100K. Needless to say they have no other pro sports teams and established a culture of winning, long before grabbing the first 2 Super Bowls.

As football goes, Green Bay is like a college town.

The population of Green Bay is barely 100K. Needless to say they have no other pro sports teams and established a culture of winning, long before grabbing the first 2 Super Bowls.

Right, plus Atlanta is a transplant city. Most people pull for other teams. It's why we have a million northerners, yet can't sustain a pro hockey team.

In addtion to an environment during the fall and winter where the only thing else to do is hunt, ice fish, and crawl in the bed at night with big gals wih hairy arms and beards. Going to football games are like vacations to Packer men.

In addtion to an environment during the fall and winter where the only thing else to do is hunt, ice fish, and crawl in the bed at night with big gals wih hairy arms and beards. Going to football games are like vacations to Packer men.

That might also lead one to be much more accepting of team shortcomings.

As opposed to Atlanta, where game day in November can also be golf day.

but be respectful to me and argue football points and I will same with you

Swift, if you did in fact argue points and acknowledge your missteps in an argument, I'd be more willing to argue points with you as well. But whenever you start your Ryan bashing rants, whenever somebody proves you wrong, you don't acknowledge any kind of Ryan ability, you just change the topic to another Ryan flaw, post 1 of 2 clips you have of him, or just keep posting idiotic sh*t. Arguing is hearing the other side and going back and forth about it. You don't see any other viewpoint but your own.

Like paulitik said, you'd rather see the Falcons go 0-16 with Ryan throwing 35 INTs just to say you were right about him before you'd like to see Ryan lead us to a SB on his back and it proves you and your agenda all wrong. You showed me that with that bet you made, saying you will leave for good if Ryan has 4000 yards and 30+ TDs this year.

Personal attacks happen where passions are inflamed. What bothers me is those who report that sort of thing to mods. Like a scuffle in the NHL, it's usually the retaliation that gets punished and not the instigation.

Which is especially disturbing since all the violating posts are so easily accessible for viewing.

speaking of negativity......check out this article on the "bounty" situation.........http://saintswin.blogspot.com/2012/04/are-saints-being-railroaded.html

The article is strictly bullshet and some pudding head Taint fans commented on it like it was authored by Jesus Christ himself. You love the article but that's because you're empty between the ears.

Right, plus Atlanta is a transplant city. Most people pull for other teams. It's why we have a million northerners, yet can't sustain a pro hockey team.

If we have that many northeners you would think it would have been easy to support hockey.

I been a fan of this franchise for good 25+ years . I used to have season tickets up until 2001' I have more enjoyment being at my house and in front of my tv then at a game . We have some of most lifeless unpassionate fans I feel cause I have been to my fair share of road games especially in northeast and I see passion is different . I also used to commute to these Falcons home games I can always remember sitting in Fulton County outside in rain soaked seats getting pumbled by 49ers during their hay day and there were like 20k people in the stands . You really seperate the die hards from casual fans . I will say there are a lot of die hards on here as well .

I havent missed a Falcon game since I was 5 . I have missed funerals, weddings, family outings

my girlfriend wanting to do something on sundays nothing is probably more important outside my family health and mine . So I eat sleep and breathe this team . I can rally off players numbers, what happen in what game . One of my greatest Falcon memories came in 91' playoff game vs Saints and Michael Haynes spinning towards sideline and running down go ahead TD

Ive seen some fair weather fans who were not around for 97' season yet started to fill the dome during 98' season and these fans started to come out of no where . They packed the dome cheering for team and next after our season goes downs tubes early with Jamal injury they are gone

01' we draft Michael Vick the savior . Vick brought excitment and filled the dome . I never had that kind of experience before outside when Deion touched ball you knew something exciting was going to happen . . At first I loved Vick i saw potential but I aslo started to see down side of Vick and his attitude and his laziness . I said from get go he is not putting in the work behind the scenes . His accuracy was off and his timing . I got called all kinds of names back then . From every racist name thought had some agenda towards Vick

Dog fighting issue and all **** breaks loose and this franchise turned upside down

Im not saying I knew Vick was fighting dogs but I always said his mind and work ethic were not bout football and about his life style off field . Never got a apology or saying you know what swift was right bout Vick

Onto 08' we draft Ryan - 100% behind move . Lot of these so called fans that

you guys give these stupid + 1 and like to were against drafting Ryan . They all wanted Dorsey

not until Ryan success in 08' people started to come back on board

Now why am I negative . I dont think I am . I do post ton of positive Falcons articles or threads but they go overlooked cause its not a 20 pg thread disscusing flaws of a player . Im same person who said we would go to NFC Champ game . Thats pretty positive if you ask me

The thing is there are people who are extremely Homers . Like Matt Ryan is better then Big Ben

or if Ryan had Flacco defense he is in Super Bowl . There are people who dont want to criticize any Falcons player or personell and believe they can do no wrong . Then there are people who think everyone needs to be fired .

I might come off miserable but thats not case . If Falcons and Ryan ever lead us to a Super Bowl

i would go around posting all homerish stuff like Ryan is greatest QB ever and TD is jesus christ

but I form my own opinion and this is how I feel not a act .

Negative or positive still a Falcon fan to me .

Good post