My First New Topic: Are Falcon Fans Negative?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only NFL MB I hang out on, but I also frequent the Blue Jays MLB board. The negative undertow there is much more pronounced. Some of the lesser players are absolutely vilified.

I miss the days of Roberto Alomar and Joe Carter. Since I was born in St Catherines I have always had a soft spot for the Jays despite the fact that I moved to Marietta when I was 12. It really made the '92 series between the Jays and Braves a tough one for me. Unlike the Twins series in '91 where Atlanta was clearly the better team, I think the better team won in '92.

I been a fan of this franchise for good 25+ years . I used to have season tickets up until 2001' I have more enjoyment being at my house and in front of my tv then at a game . We have some of most lifeless unpassionate fans I feel cause I have been to my fair share of road games especially in northeast and I see passion is different . I also used to commute to these Falcons home games I can always remember sitting in Fulton County outside in rain soaked seats getting pumbled by 49ers during their hay day and there were like 20k people in the stands . You really seperate the die hards from casual fans . I will say there are a lot of die hards on here as well .

I havent missed a Falcon game since I was 5 . I have missed funerals, weddings, family outings

my girlfriend wanting to do something on sundays nothing is probably more important outside my family health and mine . So I eat sleep and breathe this team . I can rally off players numbers, what happen in what game . One of my greatest Falcon memories came in 91' playoff game vs Saints and Michael Haynes spinning towards sideline and running down go ahead TD

Ive seen some fair weather fans who were not around for 97' season yet started to fill the dome during 98' season and these fans started to come out of no where . They packed the dome cheering for team and next after our season goes downs tubes early with Jamal injury they are gone

01' we draft Michael Vick the savior . Vick brought excitment and filled the dome . I never had that kind of experience before outside when Deion touched ball you knew something exciting was going to happen . . At first I loved Vick i saw potential but I aslo started to see down side of Vick and his attitude and his laziness . I said from get go he is not putting in the work behind the scenes . His accuracy was off and his timing . I got called all kinds of names back then . From every racist name thought had some agenda towards Vick

Dog fighting issue and all **** breaks loose and this franchise turned upside down

Im not saying I knew Vick was fighting dogs but I always said his mind and work ethic were not bout football and about his life style off field . Never got a apology or saying you know what swift was right bout Vick

Onto 08' we draft Ryan - 100% behind move . Lot of these so called fans that

you guys give these stupid + 1 and like to were against drafting Ryan . They all wanted Dorsey

not until Ryan success in 08' people started to come back on board

Now why am I negative . I dont think I am . I do post ton of positive Falcons articles or threads but they go overlooked cause its not a 20 pg thread disscusing flaws of a player . Im same person who said we would go to NFC Champ game . Thats pretty positive if you ask me

The thing is there are people who are extremely Homers . Like Matt Ryan is better then Big Ben

or if Ryan had Flacco defense he is in Super Bowl . There are people who dont want to criticize any Falcons player or personell and believe they can do no wrong . Then there are people who think everyone needs to be fired .

I might come off miserable but thats not case . If Falcons and Ryan ever lead us to a Super Bowl

i would go around posting all homerish stuff like Ryan is greatest QB ever and TD is jesus christ

but I form my own opinion and this is how I feel not a act .

Negative or positive still a Falcon fan to me .

I been a fan of this franchise for good 25+ years . I used to have season tickets up until 2001' I have more enjoyment being at my house and in front of my tv then at a game . We have some of most lifeless unpassionate fans I feel cause I have been to my fair share of road games especially in northeast and I see passion is different . I also used to commute to these Falcons home games I can always remember sitting in Fulton County outside in rain soaked seats getting pumbled by 49ers during their hay day and there were like 20k people in the stands . You really seperate the die hards from casual fans . I will say there are a lot of die hards on here as well .

I havent missed a Falcon game since I was 5 . I have missed funerals, weddings, family outings

my girlfriend wanting to do something on sundays nothing is probably more important outside my family health and mine . So I eat sleep and breathe this team . I can rally off players numbers, what happen in what game . One of my greatest Falcon memories came in 91' playoff game vs Saints and Michael Haynes spinning towards sideline and running down go ahead TD

Ive seen some fair weather fans who were not around for 97' season yet started to fill the dome during 98' season and these fans started to come out of no where . They packed the dome cheering for team and next after our season goes downs tubes early with Jamal injury they are gone

01' we draft Michael Vick the savior . Vick brought excitment and filled the dome . I never had that kind of experience before outside when Deion touched ball you knew something exciting was going to happen . . At first I loved Vick i saw potential but I aslo started to see down side of Vick and his attitude and his laziness . I said from get go he is not putting in the work behind the scenes . His accuracy was off and his timing . I got called all kinds of names back then . From every racist name thought had some agenda towards Vick

Dog fighting issue and all **** breaks loose and this franchise turned upside down

Im not saying I knew Vick was fighting dogs but I always said his mind and work ethic were not bout football and about his life style off field . Never got a apology or saying you know what swift was right bout Vick

you guys give these stupid + 1 and like to were against drafting Ryan . They all wanted Dorsey

Now why am I negative . I dont think I am . I do post ton of positive Falcons articles or threads but they go overlooked cause its not a 20 pg thread disscusing flaws of a player . Im same person who said we would go to NFC Champ game . Thats pretty positive if you ask me

The thing is there are people who are extremely Homers . Like Matt Ryan is better then Big Ben

or if Ryan had Flacco defense he is in Super Bowl . There are people who dont want to criticize any Falcons player or personell and believe they can do no wrong . Then there are people who think everyone needs to be fired .

I might come off miserable but thats not case . If Falcons and Ryan ever lead us to a Super Bowl

i would go around posting all homerish stuff like Ryan is greatest QB ever and TD is jesus christ

Anyone and everyone can give this man **** online... but THIS is the post of a fan. One who lived the bad, the good and the mediocre .

I'd buy ya a beer anytime

Everything you need to know about Swift is in this sentence. It's all about him.

.Never got a apology or saying you know what swift was right bout Vick

Whether you are right or wrong about .0001% of any of the players in Falcons history is irrelevant, nobody owes you anything, It's a freaking message board, it's not Apatheid because no one gave you credit about one player that was a bad apple. When you come on here acting like an @$$ beating a dead horse to glue talking about 1 player you don't like over and over, nobody is going to give you any respect, let alone apologize to you for being right about something.

You would rather the Falcons go 0-16 than be wrong about something. That's why most people hate you.

Nice post Swift. I don't believe that anyone can doubt you have really high football IQ. You have a far better understanding than I do of the intricacies involved in the game. I also believe you are stubborn and enjoy a good argument (neither of which is a bad thing). And when the topic involves Ryan you become zealous in your belief that he is average. That is completely your right to argue and defend...it just becomes a bit taxing to read again and again. But at least you offer data to support your arguments. I just find it hard to deal with people who say things like "Noodle arm is a complete bust who likely rode the little bus as a kid"

Everything you need to know about Swift is in this sentence. It's all about him.

Whether you are right or wrong about .0001% of any of the players in Falcons history is irrelevant, nobody owes you anything, It's a freaking message board, it's not Apatheid because no one gave you credit about one player that was a bad apple. When you come on here acting like an @$$ beating a dead horse to glue talking about 1 player you don't like over and over, nobody is going to give you any respect, let alone apologize to you for being right about something.

You would rather the Falcons go 0-16 than be wrong about something. That's why most people hate you.

The apology wasnt cause I was right . Apology is for personal attacks I recieve for my opinion

This is a message board like you said when all forms of opinions are thrown out

The way people act here calling someone idiots or taking it to another level would never happen face to face . Where im from you can argue civil but if you start with personal attacks for disagrements its sad

Nice post Swift. I don't believe that anyone can doubt you have really high football IQ. You have a far better understanding than I do of the intricacies involved in the game. I also believe you are stubborn and enjoy a good argument (neither of which is a bad thing). And when the topic involves Ryan you become zealous in your belief that he is average. That is completely your right to argue and defend...it just becomes a bit taxing to read again and again. But at least you offer data to support your arguments. I just find it hard to deal with people who say things like "Noodle arm is a complete bust who likely rode the little bus as a kid"

Thanks man

I hear ya it does come tiring but look how many Ryan threads there are . I dont even start em to be honest . Its not just my fault everyday its a new Ryan topic up . It was just like this with Vick

there are other aspects and players on this team

The apology wasnt cause I was right . Apology is for personal attacks I recieve for my opinion

The way people act here calling someone idiots or taking it to another level would never happen face to face . Where im from you can argue civil but if you start with personal attacks for disagrements its sad

You attack as much as anyone attacks you. Give me a break with this victim act. You don't get banned as many times as you have for being classy. What a joke. I can't believe people are falling for this sympathy act.

when you get called a racist honkey for saying Vick didnt put extra work in to be great thats over the line

Just like the poster dalesoul/ wolfpack he also post on AFT where they allow racists to post called me the N word thinking im black . Its quite sad how some people think

Just cause I dont think Ryan can lead us to a Super by no means I dont want him to

I

This is very ironic considering how many times you've been banned for personal attacks and the like.

You attack as much as anyone attacks you. Give me a break with this victim act. You don't get banned as many times as you have for being classy. What a joke. I can't believe people are falling for this sympathy act.

lol . I get banned cause I respond to personal attacks . Please show me 1 example where I dsirespected a poster first ?

1 time I joked around with superfan and I apologized . See thats what men do

when they are out of line . They apologize

so if you want to bury the hatchet . Im cool with that paultick . You dont have to like me on here

but be respectful to me and argue football points and I will same with you

This is very ironic considering how many times you've been banned for personal attacks and the like.

again I get banned cause posters break coc calling someone idiots or they should get laid

I respond with my own personal attack . If thats wrong so be it but you will never find 1 time where I broke coc first

not 1

lol . I get banned cause I respond to personal attacks . Please show me 1 example where I dsirespected a poster first ?

so if you want to bury the hatchet . Im cool with that paultick . You dont have to like me on here

How about when a poster told you that you need to get laid (who don't?) and you told him to 'send his whore wife over'?

Telling somebody they need to get laid isn't a personal attack unless you have paper skin.

Thanks man

I hear ya it does come tiring but look how many Ryan threads there are . I dont even start em to be honest . Its not just my fault everyday its a new Ryan topic up . It was just like this with Vick

there are other aspects and players on this team

I agree...since Ryan is the face of the organization it also makes him a polarizing figure when things are not following "the process". And outside of the Ryan topic, I have really enjoyed reading your perspective since I started following the forum a few years ago. IMO, you are a keystone figure on these boards (i.e. Posters like you help create the traffic which makes this the #1 Falcons forum). We just don't see eye-to-eye with respect to our quarterback...and that is perfectly fine.

How about when a poster told you that you need to get laid (who don't?) and you told him to 'send his whore wife over'?

Telling somebody they need to get laid isn't a personal attack unless you have paper skin.

telling someone not to get laid isnt against coc ?

what doss that have to do with football ?

how do we even know guy isnt 14 year old behind cpu and I said to send his whore wife over

And my words were irrevevalnt ? You dont

Sticking to talking football and I will the same

telling someone not to get laid isnt against coc ?

what doss that have to do with football ?

how do we even know guy isnt 14 year old behind cpu and I said to send his whore wife over

And my words were irrevevalnt ? You dont

Sticking to talking football and I will the same

Last I checked he didn't get banned for what he said, you did. I guess the mods are just out to get you like everybody else, huh?

Last I checked he didn't get banned for what he said, you did. I guess the mods are just out to get you like everybody else, huh?

well thats why I get banned tho . In all honesty I believe he should be banned just like other posters in here that personal attack other posters by calling them idiots and morons as well

I feel mods let that slide . If you were brought up different then me and you allow that slide in real life or internet thats you but I was brought up to stand up for my self and have a backbone

I can joke with best of them tho . If people want to joke around I can to . have a good sense of humor

I'll be respectful of you when you disparage obvious trolls, even if they agree with your viewpoints. You "liked" a guy's comment who claimed he was trying to get with my wife, after trying to coax me into a physical confrontation by calling me out by where I live.

I'll be respectful when you don't post 95% of the time insulting a player that 99% of the board respect, admire, and pull for.

I'll be respectful when there is a Matt Ryan thread that you don't post in obsessively for the sole purpose of pissing people off.

I just don't see any reason to show you or any of your of your little "gang" any respect. I say we just say we put each other on ignore.

I'll be the first to admit, I can be a hotheaded @$$hole, and sometimes I need to hold back on the hyperbole. So don't pretend like your some innocent choirboy. You bring this stuff on yourself as well.

sorry but this time swift is correct ...........he and a few others were attacked on a daily basis because of Vick and when they fired back they were banned THIS IS FACT because I was here and involved

sam

i know 2 different packers fans here in north ga (originally from WI) that are bigger fans than most falcons fans i know (from 1000 miles away, or whatever).

they rep their city, town, team, EVERYTHING better than 99% of the atl fans i come in contact with. i LOVE the falcons. i have for as long as i can remember. that''s how i was raised. for whatever reason, that just doesn't seem to be the norm here though.

I agree partially with your statement, Packers fans are very loyal...but what the heck else are you going to do in Green Bay, Wisconsin?

Ice fishing is an option, we don't do that here. So hat's off to all Packer fan's that have one Sunday in there life 16 to 20 weeks a year to live for.

Edited by citsalp

Different people. Some are indeed trolls, not fans at all.

Then there are fans like me who just because we love the Birds doesn't mean we're blinded by their weaknesses.

Then of course there's the Homer Doo-Doo. Thought to be extinct but alive and well here and more than willing to follow any player, coach or GM straight off a cliff to prove their loyalty.