Matt Ryan: What I Believe; What I Want...

Quarterback

That is the nature of the league as it is now. It's a passing league now. The QB is who every fan is watching, and who everyone will praise for the win.

I think the playcallers don't get enough credit for their work.. Just look at the Alex Smith TD run vs. the Aints - announcers say one word about the good playcall, but after the game all the talk is about Alex Smith, not the OC. The truth is that play wouldn't even have happened if not for the bright mind on their OC who made it all happen.

that is playcalling making that play more so then thecplayer.. but it has been the exact opposite for our players and our offense... The players made this offense go...

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win, the QB is a hero. In losing, point the finger at the OC, O-line, RB, etc.

I think you are obsessed with taking shots at Ryan. Either in overt, sarcastic or coy in manner, in nearly every one of your comments is a direct or indirect shot at Matt Ryan.

Why don't you just spare us your clandestine strategy of "death to Matt Ryan with a thousand stings" and once and for all just concisely inventory every shortcoming and inadequacy about Matt Ryan to save you and the other readers here the repetition.

How about some new material...please!

I think you are obsessed with taking shots at Ryan. Either in overt, sarcastic or coy in manner, in nearly every one of your comments is a direct or indirect shot at Matt Ryan.

Why don't you just spare us your clandestine strategy of "death to Matt Ryan with a thousand stings" and once and for all just concisely inventory every shortcoming and inadequacy about Matt Ryan to save you and the other readers here the repetition.

Well said!

QB, you are nuts. I read the whole thread. You contradict yourself over and over again. For one, Ryan doesn't have Manning's or Brady's tools or else he would be elite. It's a waste of my time really arguing with you because you don't have a clue of what you are saying. You say the right things at times then contradict yourself. The facts remain:

Ryan has a weak arm. Bottom three for all NFL starters. Brady, Manning, Brees all have solid arms and can make every throw. Ryan can't v. a NFL defense. Maybe in practice but this ain't practice.

Ryan mobility in the pocket rivals Drew Bledsoe. Quite simple, the man has two left feet. It always comes to play when we least need it.

Ryan isn't confident when on the move. That's generally normal but Ryan with the two extreme weaknesses makes this unbearable.

Until Ryan can overcome those issues nothing else matters. We aren't getting this super line any time soon. We aren't getting Pat Willis or Julius Peppers soon. Ryan will have to physically have a transformation. This sh**y thread is a waste of time. You really just want to say you have faith in Ryan and he can become elite. I don't see it. I ask how, you say he has the tools, it's the line. I think that a bunch of bs. The line is just as good as New York who you said Ryan can move just as good as. As far as I am concerned, you are delusional. I have to get to the gym. But I doubt this thread will get any better.

Guest Gritz

If we win, the QB is a hero. In losing, point the finger at the OC, O-line, RB, etc.

I haven't seen a single reasonable poster on here absolve Ryan of heavy blame for this team's performances in playoff games.

Unlike swift, I feel that TD made a heck of a move for Gonzo and Julio. In fact, TD was creating a dynamic force. It's better to be great at offense or defense instead of being just good at both. TD was smart, he can't help he overvalued his QB.

Edited by #1 pick

Mularkey offense was successful with Justin Peele at Te and Jenks as our 2wr . It was TD that invested in Tony G and Julio not Mularkey

Thank you bro. TD gave up two firsts, two seconds and two fourths for Tony and Julio when he probably should have built an Oline. And UKFalc is a build through the draft guy. Jeez.

Even with the hand MM was dealt he was in the top 10 in scoring three of the four years he was here. He was 13th in 2009, when Ryan and Turner missed a bunch of games, yet only 1.5 points per game from the Top 10 in scoring.

panthers(2) seahawks, eagles, we won all 4 of these games but we shouldnt have.. not cause the teams are more talented... But because of bad playcalling.. horrible game managment..

Theres games where ryan has played bad but we still won cause of turner and vice versa... But when your playcalling is so conservative that in a 2:00 situation your only calling plays for 5-10yds who fault is that???

Ivmean cmon the guy got scrutinized the day he became jax HC... Everybody knew he was holding this offense back... Even other teams and city reporters lol

What makes more sense: A) The OC is a poor coach who hurt our chances to succeed, but ended up leaving for a promotion + the incompetent HC didn't didn't diagnose or correct the OC problem + the incompetent GM didn't diagnose or correct either. or option B) The coaching staff gave the QB a scheme tailored to his skills and comfort level, but said QB couldn't make that work.

You talk about an NFL coaching staff like it is a high school outfit. Be realistic. An NFL franchise doesn't pay $1 million salaries to bunglers.

Unlike swift, I feel that TD made a heck of a move for Gonzo and Julio. In fact, TD was creating a dynamic force. It's better to be great at offense or defense instead of being just good at both. TD was smart, he can't help he overvalued his QB.

Thought you were going to the gym? Seriously, PLEASE GO.

Let's talk about the type of person who would be predisposed to give Matt Ryan a pass on just about anything. That person was probably born and raised in Georgia and dreamed of being the QB of the Falcons while growing up. That dream may have been cemented in his mind, had he been fortunate enough to play QB in high school and maybe even star at the position for one of the state universities. For close to 20 years, this person would have dreamed about being in the shoes Matt Ryan now wears. How could Matt Ryan be anything but the ultimate in hero worship for a man with this hypothetical background? That's the one person I would expect to be least objective of anything to do with Matt Ryan.

What makes more sense: A) The OC is a poor coach who hurt our chances to succeed, but ended up leaving for a promotion + the incompetent HC didn't didn't diagnose or correct the OC problem + the incompetent GM didn't diagnose or correct either. or option B) The coaching staff gave the QB a scheme tailored to his skills and comfort level, but said QB couldn't make that work.

You talk about an NFL coaching staff like it is a high school outfit. Be realistic. An NFL franchise doesn't pay $1 million salaries to bunglers.

and u talk like the staff doesntcneed to be blamed.. again i said before i believe MM was brought in to keep ryan outcof harmsxway and groom him lil by lil... TD has brought ryan players to play with and he wants an explosive offense.. if TD smitty or anyone in the organization didnt believe that ryan could get it done they wouldnt have taken him 3rd overall...

Roddy has stated how were nnot aggressive enough.. if roddy thought ryan couldnt do it then why would he say we should throw the ball more?? Thats my point.. the OC and DC were notcliked by our players... Being blind and onlycputting the blame one the players is wrong...

Im not saying some of the players arn't to blame but your trying to judge our QB with a bad O-LINE lay all year... Rhan can make all the throws whn he can stand in the pocket and step into the throw like hes suppoes to be able to...

and u talk like the staff doesntcneed to be blamed.. again i said before i believe MM was brought in to keep ryan outcof harmsxway and groom him lil by lil... TD has brought ryan players to play with and he wants an explosive offense.. if TD smitty or anyone in the organization didnt believe that ryan could get it done they wouldnt have taken him 3rd overall...

Mularkey was hired 3 months before Ryan was drafted. You've got it backwards. and of course TD and his group believed in Matt Ryan, the way the Raiders believed in Russell, the Rams in Bradford, the Panthers in Newton or the Titans in Young

QB, you are nuts. I read the whole thread. You contradict yourself over and over again. For one, Ryan doesn't have Manning's or Brady's tools or else he would be elite. It's a waste of my time really arguing with you because you don't have a clue of what you are saying. You say the right things at times then contradict yourself. The facts remain:

Ryan has a weak arm. Bottom three for all NFL starters. Brady, Manning, Brees all have solid arms and can make every throw. Ryan can't v. a NFL defense. Maybe in practice but this ain't practice.

Ryan mobility in the pocket rivals Drew Bledsoe. Quite simple, the man has two left feet. It always comes to play when we least need it.

Ryan isn't confident when on the move. That's generally normal but Ryan with the two extreme weaknesses makes this unbearable.

Until Ryan can overcome those issues nothing else matters. We aren't getting this super line any time soon. We aren't getting Pat Willis or Julius Peppers soon. Ryan will have to physically have a transformation. This sh**y thread is a waste of time. You really just want to say you have faith in Ryan and he can become elite. I don't see it. I ask how, you say he has the tools, it's the line. I think that a bunch of bs. The line is just as good as New York who you said Ryan can move just as good as. As far as I am concerned, you are delusional. I have to get to the gym. But I doubt this thread will get any better.

I'll no longer argue with idiots, they will just lower me to their level then beat me with experience.

Guest Gritz

"Reasonable" being the operative word? You'll find any number in this thread alone. Ryan failed because the OC and the O-line let him down is an attempt to absolve.

Yes....I don't fancy myself a wordsmith by any means but I clearly left myself some wiggle room with the word "reasonable."

I'll put it this way. None of the posters I read and respect give Ryan a pass for his performances in playoff games.

"Reasonable" being the operative word? You'll find any number in this thread alone. Ryan failed because the OC and the O-line let him down is an attempt to absolve.

Nice try! As Gritz tried to convey, and more accurately using your own words, Ryan failed partly because the OC and the O-line let him down.

Contrary to your assertion, not a single person I have read has absolved Ryan from his share of the blame in the Giants loss.

Ryan haters crack me up. With all the dismal seasons our fan base has had to deal with, we still have to endure fans that constantly tear down the QB that has been an intrical part of 4 back to back winning seasons. I'm tired of losing in the post season as well, but come on, MR posted the best numbers of his career this past season. He was #8 in the league. Get behind your team and your QB people.

What makes more sense: A) The OC is a poor coach who hurt our chances to succeed, but ended up leaving for a promotion + the incompetent HC didn't didn't diagnose or correct the OC problem + the incompetent GM didn't diagnose or correct either. or option cool.png The coaching staff gave the QB a scheme tailored to his skills and comfort level, but said QB couldn't make that work.

If that's the case, then the Steelers FO and HC when MM was there is just as incompetent as our's currently is because the same exact issues arose there as well. I'd be willing to bet MM was going to be the Jags HC last year if there was no lock out. The lock out scared teams from making moves that they could get by without making (ie changing OCs). No lockout, MM gets the HC job in JAX and we get a new OC. MM has never made it beyond 3 years anywhere else but here and the lockout is the only reason he did here.

And to think TD made a bad decision by getting Tony G and Julio and that staying with Peelle and Jenkins would have been the same offense, then you're crazy. Jenkins was a marginal WR and Peelle was not even better than Palmer. Getting Tony G allowed TD to go defense heavy in the 09 draft. Adding Julio gave us the most dynamic player we have had since Vick.

Mularkey was hired 3 months before Ryan was drafted. You've got it backwards. and of course TD and his group believed in Matt Ryan, the way the Raiders believed in Russell, the Rams in Bradford, the Panthers in Newton or the Titans in Young

no everybody said dnt take russell with that first pick but al davis did it anyway... Look my point is that we still dnt kno if ryan can become better unless being pushed.. MM offense wasnt pushing him at all.. and like you said M was hired 3 months before ryan was drafted...

Dnt u tthink when they interview MM he told them that he wants to run the ball and protect the ball?? Which is the perfect recipe for success for a young QB.. a run game and high precentage throws... The actions this staff and organization made this offseason shows that they trust the players over the coaches.. you can disagree with it all you want but its evident wat the big boys think...

Dnt u tthink when they interview MM he told them that he wants to run the ball and protect the ball?? Which is the perfect recipe for success for a young QB.. a run game and high precentage throws... The actions this staff and organization made this offseason shows that they trust the players over the coaches.. you can disagree with it all you want but its evident wat the big boys think...

Because the team has no salary cap room and only a 2nd and 3rd pick with which to add talent, you're spinning that as a vote of confidence in the players? What was the alternative?

I'll no longer argue with idiots, they will just lower me to their level then beat me with experience.

QB, you basically took my talking points, changed them a tad then when it was time to explain your theory you then went into another dimension of nonsense. You are the last person who should call anyone an idiot. Your whole premise is false and I doubt anything you say. You claim you played QB in the NFL but yet you are talking about the offensive line as if offensive lines can pass block for as long as they did in the 1990's. If you know anything about Football today, you would know that is not possible due to the size and speed of today's defensive linemen.

Honestly, arguing with you is worst than paulitik. Do not get me wrong, you a superior person to that plebe. But as a poster, you are a hypocrite. You do not have a foundation. You take my talking points, twist it just a tad and then go into full blown delusion as well as silly insults. Muskokas sonned you so many times in just this thread alone, I've lost count. It's really tiresome to try and understand how elusive you are mentally. If you go from the 1st page to the last, I don't even think QB is the same person.

Edited by #1 pick

And to think TD made a bad decision by getting Tony G and Julio and that staying with Peelle and Jenkins would have been the same offense, then you're crazy. Jenkins was a marginal WR and Peelle was not even better than Palmer. Getting Tony G allowed TD to go defense heavy in the 09 draft. Adding Julio gave us the most dynamic player we have had since Vick.

Please show me the reference for this. I can't recall mentioning Jenkins or Peelle in this or any other thread. I have also stated several times that my original negative appraisal of the Gonzo deal was revised when he stayed a 3rd and now 4th season.