Mitchell Schwartz Looks A Whole Lot Like Sam Baker 2.0 To Me...

Apparently the Falcons have been "heavily" scouting Mitchell Schwartz the LT from Cal.

I don't understand why though. Most scouts see him being better suited to make the transition to RT or RG a position the Falcons already have filled with Clabo and either Manuwai, Johnson, or Hawley.

Even if the Falcons are looking at this guy to play LT. I see a lot of alarming similarities between he and Sam Baker. Most notably the history of back spasms and below average arm length. TD alreay reached for a LT one time and it came back to burn them, they can't afford to do it again especially in a draft where they have limited picks.

Guest Gritz

Apparently the Falcons have been "heavily" scouting Mitchell Schwartz the LT from Cal.

I don't understand why though. Most scouts see him being better suited to make the transition to RT or RG a position the Falcons already have filled with Clabo and either Manuwai, Johnson, or Hawley.

Even if the Falcons are looking at this guy to play LT. I see a lot of alarming similarities between he and Sam Baker. Most notably the history of back spasms and below average arm length. TD alreay reached for a LT one time and it came back to burn them, they can't afford to do it again especially in a draft where they have limited picks.

Yeah, I freely admit that I don't know anything about Schwartz....but it would seem beyond insane to draft a Sam Baker clone and hope it works out the second time.