Matt Forte

Matt Forte - RB - Bears

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole predicts that the offseason standoff between unsigned franchise player Matt Forte and the Bears is "going to be ugly."

Per Cole, Forte wants to be paid "along the lines of Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson," but the Bears are only willing to pay Forte like "an average runner." If the contract divide is as large as Cole suggests, we wouldn't be surprised to see Forte floated in draft-weekend trade offers. Michael Bush is a capable starter, and Kahlil Bell could easily suffice as a workable backup.

Source: Yahoo Sports Apr 16 - 5:30 PM

Would you guys want this guy? Sounds like he wants to much money. The Bears probably wouldn't take less than a 2nd or 3rd so I would say no.

If we could get him at the right price he would be a massive upgrade.

Let him and turner split carries and then when we cut turner in 2013 he would be the guy.

Imagine what he could do when teams can not focus on him?

And with Julio, roddy and tony on the field , Forte would get more one on one coverages than he has ever had.

Matt Forte - RB - Bears

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole predicts that the offseason standoff between unsigned franchise player Matt Forte and the Bears is "going to be ugly."

Per Cole, Forte wants to be paid "along the lines of Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson," but the Bears are only willing to pay Forte like "an average runner." If the contract divide is as large as Cole suggests, we wouldn't be surprised to see Forte floated in draft-weekend trade offers. Michael Bush is a capable starter, and Kahlil Bell could easily suffice as a workable backup.

Source: Yahoo Sports Apr 16 - 5:30 PM

Would you guys want this guy? Sounds like he wants to much money. The Bears probably wouldn't take less than a 2nd or 3rd so I would say no.

Im telling you all right now that guy is not worth as much as he wants. He just isn't! His numbers were inflated because he caught so many **** balls out of the backfield, his value in that department would mean nothing with the receivers ATL has... JUST SAY NO! lol

We have a shortage of cap and draft picks. Silly to give up both for a RB, especially one who can't escape contact.

We really do not have a "shortage" of picks.

The average draft is 7 picks and we have 6 picks.

The question is is there a guy in the 3rd who is as good as Forte?

Im telling you all right now that guy is not worth as much as he wants. He just isn't! His numbers were inflated because he caught so many **** balls out of the backfield, his value in that department would mean nothing with the receivers ATL has... JUST SAY NO! lol

are u kidding me right now?? dude put up top 10 numbers with prob having the worst Oline in the league

especially one who can't escape contact.

He's a top 7 running back when healthy, and was playing behind a terrible OL, yet still managed great production. Ask any Chi Bears fan what they think of Matt Forte and they will have nothing but good things to say.

How you even manage to underrate one of the best RBs in the league, I have no idea.

He also is a good runner and a decent blocker.

Lets put it this way, Snelling caught 44 passes in 2010.

So fitting Forte in would not be a problem at all.

We really do not have a "shortage" of picks.

The average draft is 7 picks and we have 6 picks.

The question is is there a guy in the 3rd who is as good as Forte?

Any player would rather go UDFA than be a 7th round pick. We have no picks in the top 50 and only 2 in the top 148. That's a shortage of picks as far as making any kind of significant trade.

He's a top 7 running back when healthy, and was playing behind a terrible OL, yet still managed great production. Ask any Chi Bears fan what they think of Matt Forte and they will have nothing but good things to say.

How you even manage to underrate one of the best RBs in the league, I have no idea.

I didn't rate him. Can't escape contact means the player takes a physical beating. We all know he is good and crucial to the Bears, yet they go out and get Michael Bush while refusing to pay Matt Forte. Ever asked yourself why?

I would trade turner back to his hometown of Chicago along with this years 3rd and next years 3rd round pick. Get Grimes to

Trade out of the 2nd into the top half of the 3rd of and acquire a 4th

3rd:Jeff Allen

4th:Omar Bolden

5th:Taylor Thompson

6th:Myles Wade

7th:Travis Benjamin

7th:Deangelo Tyson

I didn't rate him. Can't escape contact means the player takes a physical beating. We all know he is good and crucial to the Bears, yet they go out and get Michael Bush while refusing to pay Matt Forte. Ever asked yourself why?

Typical owner/player stand off. Signing Bush as both insurance and a way to try to bring Forte's price down. He's a great player and Chicago knows it.

Guest Gritz

I think we'd have to give up too much to get him. I don't want to give up anymore draft picks and we're obviously close to maxing out our cap right now.....

Crap, I'd love him as a Falcon, that's for sure. We'd finally have that serious receiving threat out of the backfield and he's good in the open field too....

Yeah... Sproles has such limited value to the Saints. 'cuz they have all those WRs+TE+three other RBs that split the load.

; )