2Pac Performing At 2012 Coachella

RHEC

I still wanta make rap Mount Rushmore on Stone Mountain. BIG, Pac, and Dre. 4th spot up for grabs still.

Such a great role model too...

Tupac cared, if don't nobody else care

And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do.

But now I'm back with the facts givin' 'em back to you.

Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up, crack you up and pimp smack you up.

You gotta learn to hold ya own.

They get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone.

But tell the cops they can't touch this.

I don't trust this, when they try to rush I bust this.

That's the sound of my tune. You say it ain't cool, but mama didn't raise no fool.

Rap would have given way to Hip-Hop eventually anyway. Rap was for people who wanted to say 'Look at me, ain't I bad?" just like Punk Rock. They heavily influenced music, but were never gonna last. Why? Because ya music fans gravitate to music. Rap and Punk were anything but

Edited by Truthhurts

Rap would have given way to Hip-Hop eventually anyway. Rap was for people who wanted to say 'Look at me, ain't I bad?" just like Punk Rock. They heavily influenced music, but were never gonna last. Why? Because ya music fans gravitate to music. Rap and Punk were anything but

as a musician, I would like to thank you for your thoroughly uninformed opinion.laugh.png

Neither rap nor punk were "look at me I'm bad". As a matter of fact, rock and hip hop are WAAAAY more about " look at mah #### than either. Both punk and rap were born out of social issues and both addressed plenty of social issues, much more so than rock or hip hop in the past 30+ years.

Like anything else, the corporations decided we can exploit this and make a buck from it and it was all eventually ruined from within.

as iconic as bands like The Ramones and the Sex Pistols were, both were the more commercialized brand. The Ramones are basically sped up bubblegum pop. The Pistols were basically a put together boy band for the disenchanted.I respect both to a point but I also take both for what they are.

If Tupac were still alive he would most likely be like Ice Cube is now....doing sitcoms and having arguments with bottles of cheap beer in commercials.

Yup, he wouldn't be as hardcore as he used to be. He would be doing shows, movies, and etc. Lil Wayne, Soulja Boi, and Drake would still be around.