To What Extent Does "selective Outrage" Reveal About Something About Bigotry?

HolyMoses

Almost no one would ever come out and admit that they are a bigot [although I am pretty sure I have a bias against Arabs . . . . and the Dutch] But it seems like if you express outrage exclusively about the behavior about one group of people, regardless of the legitimacy of that outrage, you might be a bigot.

I rarely call folks out on this, but I see i a lot on this board.

Is that a fair assessment?

Edited by holymoses

If there was an arrest there would have been no outrage... Everytime I see a counter to the trayvon Martin situation the other person/persons were arrested.... If you are going to compare apples to apples show me a case where a black guy shoots someone and he admits it was in self defense and no arrest was made...

I assume you would be hard pressed to find that though.

Almost no one would ever come out and admit that they are a bigot [although I am pretty sure I have a bias against Arabs . . . . and the Dutch] But it seems like if you express outrage exclusively about the behavior about one group of people, regardless of the legitimacy of that outrage, you might be a bigot.

I rarely call folks out on this, but I see i a lot on this board.

Is that a fair assessment?

I have to agree. When you only protest one side of something, it shows that you are clearly a bigot who refuses to be objective regarding certain things/people. Why, I know of one bigot who is so hateful of liberals that he actually posted a thread entitled "Obama Now Using Algorisms.. Google And Facebook Exist Because Of Govt. Narcism. " I mean, what the ****?! If President Obama walked across the water to pull his *** out of a burning boat, he would post a "Obama Can't Even Swim" thread the next day.

You're right. Bigotry sucks.

I have to agree. When you only protest one side of something, it shows that you are clearly a bigot who refuses to be objective regarding certain things/people. Why, I know of one bigot who is so hateful of liberals that he actually posted a thread entitled "Obama Now Using Algorisms.. Google And Facebook Exist Because Of Govt. Narcism. " I mean, what the ****?! If President Obama walked across the water to pull his *** out of a burning boat, he would post a "Obama Can't Even Swim" thread the next day.

You're right. Bigotry sucks.

rednecks be raging.

Honestly the only people I can't stand are people that think they 100% know about something... I guess it stems from religion and politics discussions....

I prefer when people keep those opinions to themselves or at least treat people with other opinions not as "wrong" but just with a different opinion... there are far too few reasonable discussions in this world about the most important subjects... seem to be the loudest people win.

Honestly the only people I can't stand are people that think they 100% know about something... I guess it stems from religion and politics discussions....

I prefer when people keep those opinions to themselves or at least treat people with other opinions not as "wrong" but just with a different opinion... there are far too few reasonable discussions in this world about the most important subjects... seem to be the loudest people win.

WHUT?! THIS IS THE STOOPIDEST POST EVER!!!!!