Belcher Report On Our 2Nd Round Pick.

Karst41

I cant believe that I am posting on anything related to

the Belcher Report, but this is one that I find intriguing,

based on the position alone.

The Falcons as a Team do have more pressing needs

but an offensive play maker is usually a smart move.

Below is a c/v from the article and I would love to hear you guys opinion

on drafting the Position or Player if still available.

Cheers

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

It's time to start thinking about life after Tony Gonzalez in Atlanta, and now is a great time to do so. Coby Fleener is the best tight end available in the draft and is a massive steal at this point.

Fleener will be able to come in and start right away. More importantly, he'll get to learn from a future Hall of Famer before taking over for him entirely after next season concludes.

and this will happen when ? laugh.png

you obviously haven't been reading the Falcons section over there. I've been working on scouting reports of players who the Falcons have brought in and at least trying to help inform Falcons fans about the strengths and weaknesses.

http://bleacherreport.com/atlanta-falcons

But I can understand why people are skeptical.

I would honestly pass on Fleener, from what I been reading and hearing lately is he cant Block, and is fairly weak in that aspect. Herd the giants would not take fleener because they love their TEs ability to Block, could b a smoke screen but I wouldn want a TE that can't block.

Edited by Falkonator

I would honestly pass on Fleener, from what I been reading and hearing lately is he cant Block, and is fairly weak in that aspect. Herd the giants would not take fleener because they love their TEs ability to Block, could b a smoke screen but I wouldn want a TE that can't block.

Would you take Jimmy Graham?

out of everything you can teach a TE, Blocking is one that I'm not worried about. He is willing to block. technique isn't there just yet but at least he works at it. He will get it eventually. That being said, he can do everything else well. HE has great hands, is a matchup issue at 6'6" 250 pounds and has excellent speed.

Would you take Jimmy Graham?

With what we do with our offense, no I wouldn't, the TE position for us isn't just a big WR running down the seem if he cant block he is basically.useless.to us, as you csn see other than Gonzo we don't use our other TEs in the passing gm. Gonzo can also block tho....

Yes it can,be taught to block it isn't an impossible task to teach but with a 2nd round pick especially without a first you want a sure thing as you can get.

With what we do with our offense, no I wouldn't, the TE position for us isn't just a big WR running down the seem if he cant block he is basically.useless.to us, as you csn see other than Gonzo we don't use our other TEs in the passing gm. Gonzo can also block tho....

Yes it can,be taught to block it isn't an impossible task to teach but with a 2nd round pick especially without a first you want a sure thing as you can get.

That's MM's offense you are talking about. Yes, we are still going to be balance, but I bet if we take a TE, he will be a marginal blocker but a good WR threat. This needs to become Matt Ryan's team and blocking TEs don't help QBs, pass catching TEs do. The only reason you concern about the blocking ability of a TE is if he is going to be doing that more than catching. Yes, it's great to have a TE who is going to be able to do both, but at this point in the NFL, top offenses have TEs with WR like ability. Jimmy Graham was good enough of a blocker for the Saints to have a top 10 rushing attack.

I believe he wrote "belcher" intentionally...as in a burp - belch.

He did it in the title and in his post.

Reading is for suckers....lol.

That is correct.

So as I read yet another article that points out D-Rob as an albatross,

this again is no different than being at a Frat House Kegger.

You all know the sounds and smells.