I Am Probably In The Minority With This Thought

I think every Falcon's defensive player will be better under Nolan, some possibly with a breakout or defining season.

BVG was a college coach with the personality and motivational skill of a doorknob...wait until you watch and hear Nolan interviewed...you'll want to climb through your monitor and play for him! More so, he's sharp as a tack!

I am excited by the prospects within our roster and the fortunes and performance as a whole of the defence this season. Nolan has solid history with transforming the fortunes of all his defences.

The maxim that we have talent but it is underperforming/mis-used/wrong scheme should evaporate finally. The future's bright...!!

I imagine that we will draft at least 2 more bodies to help out in the draft possibly 3. However the fortunes of players like Hansen Tuimaunei Franks and Walls McClain Adkins Dent Sidbury Walker et al there should be enough there to unearth a solid platform for years to come.

Edited by Vinrouge

Like QB said, I think every player will be better in this defense, some more than others. BVG had a set scheme and didn't know how to develop it further given his players. Abe is a pure pass rusher, yet is constantly dropped into coverage and then they complain about lack of pass rush.

Nolan is going to attack instead of try and prevent.

A player who's been underperforming for two straight years and is miraculously going to flourish in his third year because we hired a new coach. Get back to me when you guys take off your homer glasses.

Because scheme change has never helped a player flourish right?

Houston's defense went from being one of the worst to one of the best. What did they do? Changed coordinators....

Jason Babin had 18 sacks in his entire career before he ran into Jim Washburn. He now has over 20 in his last two years.

Fact: We've played Dunta in a soft zone while he's been here. Fact: He's a man to man press coverage CB.

A player who's been underperforming for two straight years and is miraculously going to flourish in his third year because we hired a new coach. Get back to me when you guys take off your homer glasses.

Like myself, I am a guy who believes in concepts. Only a fool ignores frequency and history is the best foresight.

I said the same about drafting players with injury history and I said the same about FA's brought in who were simply average on their other teams.

R. Edwards is a 5-8 sack guy. Thats what he is, yet we are paying him like a 10 sack guy.

D. Robinson was a solid starter after his first couple of good years, thats what he is, a solid starter.

Playmakers are playmakers. Deangelo Hall is a playmaker....he gets picks(while he also gets burnt) he still makes plays. Doesnt matter if it was ATL, OAK, or Washington, man or zone scheme. He had 3 picks in 8 games in OAK in his worse season.

We need to get proven guys who have statistical history worth of adding to the team. Dunta may be better this year but he is not a pick guy so better for me would mean more solid tackling and more passes defensed.

Houston's defense went from being one of the worst to one of the best. What did they do? Changed coordinators....

Jason Babin had 18 sacks in his entire career before he ran into Jim Washburn. He now has over 20 in his last two years.

Fact: We've played Dunta in a soft zone while he's been here. Fact: He's a man to man press coverage CB.

Les we forget Houston also added Jonathan Joseph from FA who is a legit "do it all" corner and drafted J.J watt a great DE. They added two key cornerstones to their D to take it over to the top. All we did was re-sign everyone and lose our starting MLB. As for Babin IDK who he was lined up next to in Tennesse but in addition to running into Jim Washburn he also ran into Trent Cole, Cullen Jenkins, and that other guy who was decent. Tell me that doesn't make his job easier? Once again, get back to me when yall take of the homer glasses.

Like myself, I am a guy who believes in concepts. Only a fool ignores frequency and history is the best foresight.

I said the same about drafting players with injury history and I said the same about FA's brought in who were simply average on their other teams.

R. Edwards is a 5-8 sack guy. Thats what he is, yet we are paying him like a 10 sack guy.

D. Robinson was a solid starter after his first couple of good years, thats what he is, a solid starter.

Playmakers are playmakers. Deangelo Hall is a playmaker....he gets picks(while he also gets burnt) he still makes plays. Doesnt matter if it was ATL, OAK, or Washington, man or zone scheme. He had 3 picks in 8 games in OAK in his worse season.

We need to get proven guys who have statistical history worth of adding to the team. Dunta may be better this year but he is not a pick guy so better for me would mean more solid tackling and more passes defensed.

How are we paying Edwards like a 10 sack guy? He makes 6 mil a year.....

The only 10 sack guys making less than that are on rookie contracts.

You can always find a player who improved with a scheme change but does that mean he is being utilized better or is he simply playing better?

Dunta is a physical corner and I hope that he improves but there is nothing to suggest that he will be much better because he skill set is simply average. He biggest attribute is his physicality. He is tough, decent size, decent speed, isnt great with the ball in the air, average hands.

What would an improvement mean to you? Statistically and how would he impact the game more as a press corner?

Les we forget Houston also added Jonathan Joseph from FA who is a legit "do it all" corner and drafted J.J watt a great DE. They added two key cornerstones to their D to take it over to the top. All we did was re-sign everyone and lose our starting MLB. As for Babin IDK who he was lined up next to in Tennesse but in addition to running into Jim Washburn he also ran into Trent Cole, Cullen Jenkins, and that other guy who was decent. Tell me that doesn't make his job easier? Once again, get back to me when yall take of the homer glasses.

So one rookie who had as many sacks as Sidbury and a top 10 corner takes their defense from dead last to top 5? Scheme had nothing to do with this? Please get a clue.

So one rookie who had as many sacks as Sidbury and a top 10 corner takes their defense from dead last to top 5? Scheme had nothing to do with this? Please get a clue.

I'm not saying scheme didn't play a huge role. All i'm saying is you need the right players to execute that scheme on gameday. Dunta and execute don't belong in the same sentence.

You can always find a player who improved with a scheme change but does that mean he is being utilized better or is he simply playing better?

Dunta is a physical corner and I hope that he improves but there is nothing to suggest that he will be much better because he skill set is simply average. He biggest attribute is his physicality. He is tough, decent size, decent speed, isnt great with the ball in the air, average hands.

What would an improvement mean to you? Statistically and how would he impact the game more as a press corner?

You highlighted why I think he'll be better. Because he'll get to use his physicality to jam at the line and disrupt routes. I disagree that his skillset is average. He wouldn't have been a top 10 pick with an average skillset. He's not a burner or much of a play maker. I want to see more passes defended and just an overall better pass defense and I think Nolan will actually put our players in a position to succeed based on what they can do on the field.

I'm not saying scheme didn't play a huge role. All i'm saying is you need the right players to execute that scheme on gameday. Dunta and execute don't belong in the same sentence.

Dunta gave up 3 TDs last year. You're acting like he's been terrible. How good are our corners supposed to look with a terrible pass rush and no press coverage to at least disrupt routes? Qb's didn't have to worry about getting sacked OR having route timing thrown off. There was no disruption of anything on defense to even give our players a chance.

How are we paying Edwards like a 10 sack guy? He makes 6 mil a year.....

The only 10 sack guys making less than that are on rookie contracts.

6 million dollars is not for a DE who is going to get you 3.5 sacks and 24 tackles.

There are 50 DEs who finished with more than 6 sacks.

You wanna guess how many are getting paid 6 million a year?

The fact is we are paying more for what we are getting with Dunta and Ray because they are at premier positions on defense, were fairly young and have potential.