Randall Delgado (1-0, 3.60)

Wednesday, April 18, 12:10 PM ET, Turner Field

RA Dickey (2-0, 2.08)

Jair Jurrjens (0-1, 7.71)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pastornicky isn't that good of a hitter. His plate discipline is not good and stands too far out of the plate.

Hoping to get the other shortstop back from triple A when he healed.

Have you gotten this from watching him play? I don't see how you can watch him play and then come to this conclusion. But I guess that's just me.

My scouting report is that Pastor has looked really good at the plate so. Much better than I expected. He walks when the opposing pitchers pitch around him to get to the pitcher, he doesn't try to do too much at the plate (like hit homeruns when that's not his game). He's got a good inside out approach. He's done a great job of putting the ball in place.

He may have only gotten 3 hits in 22 at-bats so far but he's only struck out 4 times and has 2 walks. His defense has been just fine. I don't see how people can have a complaint against Pastor.

Maybe I need to see more out of him, but for a guy that is known for his offensive skills he's hitting like Alex Gonzalez. He'd be swing at wild pitches that Jeff Francour would be proud.

Pastornicky was never know as a great hitter. He was known as a decent hitter. His career slash line in the minors is .278/.345/.374. Not too bad. He doesn't walk a whole lot but he doesn't strikeout much either. In 1,714 minor league plate appearances he had only 150 walks and 194 strikeouts.