The Falcons Let Go Gunslinging Brett Farv They Have A 2Nd Chance With Gunslinging Matt Ryan In 2012

tobyd77

I have been trying to figure out Matt Ryan since he became a falcons and have been going on youtube trying to dig up anything I possibly could that would give me some insight on who we have as a QB. And I have come to this conclusion that Matt is a gunslinger he was that when he was in college but has been suppressed a little by MM's run heavy system.

But now is the time in 2012 for us to see what we really have and yes his interception rate may go up but the FO have to let Matt Ryan be who he is if they are going to know what they are working with in 2012 and I believe that Koetter is the guy that will not have a problem with letting Ryan do that in 2012.

In your spare time when some of you are not chopping this thread up because of Matt Ryan's name in it check out this article I found on what Dirk really wants to do in respect with his offenses. I can't see them bringing Dirk Koetter to the FO to run an offense the same way he ran it in Jacksonville or Dirk even agreeing to come here when he is a guy that loves to run a passing offense more so than a run heavy offense. I think that him and ryan will get a long fine because they both want to do that in 2012.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2010-05-22/story/jaguars-offensive-coordinator-dirk-koetter-prefers-pass

Matt has to be able to be who he really is in 2012 if he is going to succeed. Brett threw a lot of interceptions in his day but two SBs and an NFC champ appearance in 2009 will work all day long would you say. GB let him be who he was and even though many wanted to shoot him for throwing that interception at that moment in the game they let him be him. Matt Ryan is a gunslinger not a game manager and once a gun slinger always a gun slinger.

I've always felt that Matt was told so much by Mularkey and Smith to not make the big mistake that it forced Matt to play within a shell of being afraid to take chances with throws and making plays. Matt has to not be afraid to throw a few more interceptions if that means making a lot more big plays especially in big games.

I've always felt that Matt was told so much by Mularkey and Smith to not make the big mistake that it forced Matt to play within a shell of being afraid to take chances with throws and making plays. Matt has to not be afraid to throw a few more interceptions if that means making a lot more big plays especially in big games.

I agree 100%. Mularkey did a great job of allowing Ryan to be very effective early; however, as Ryan matured he seemed to still coach him like a rookie. DK wii treat and coach him like the pro bowl veteran qb that he is. Should result in great production on the field. I can't wait for the freaking season.