2012 Falcons Schedule

Falconsfan567

Tuesday night is the schedule release show for the NFL. How do you guys feel about national TV games? I love to see the Falcons playing prime-time games but it usually ends up bad because they usually lay an egg. The reason I like them is because it gives the Falcons a chance to show how good they can be on a national TV scale.

Tuesday night is the schedule release show for the NFL. How do you guys feel about national TV games? I love to see the Falcons playing prime-time games but it usually ends up bad because they usually lay an egg. The reason I like them is because it gives the Falcons a chance to show how good they can be on a national TV scale.

I think we are the worse nationally. I think the highlight was the mid season 1974 game where we dominated the undefeated, powerful Vikings on Monday Night Football at Atlanta Stadium- back when we had proud and vocal fans....

Well I'm pleasantly surprised that the Falcons got 4 prime-time games. I really like our schedule because we alternate home and road every game. That's great because it keeps us from traveling too much at one time but keeps us from getting too comfortable at home.

Week 1 - Sunday September 9 - at Kansas City Chiefs - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 2 - Monday September 17 - Denver Broncos - 8:30 PM - ESPN

Week 3 - Sunday September 23 - at San Diego Chargers - 4:05 PM - FOX

Week 4 - Sunday September 30 - Carolina Panthers - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 5 - Sunday October 7 - at Washington Redskins - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 6 - Sunday October 14 - Oakland Raiders - 1:00 PM - CBS

Week 7 - BYE

Week 8 - Sunday October 28 - at Philadelphia Eagles - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 9 - Sunday November 4 - Dallas Cowboys - 8:20 PM - NBC

Week 10 - Sunday November 11 - at New Orleans Saints - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 11 - Sunday November 18 - Arizona Cardinals - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 12 - Sunday November 25 - at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 13 - Thursday November 29 - New Orleans Saints - 8:20 PM - NFL NETWORK

Week 14 - Sunday December 9 - at Carolina Panthers - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 15 - Sunday December 16 - New York Giants - 1:00 PM - FOX

Week 16 - Saturday December 22 - at Detroit Lions - 8:30 PM - ESPN

Week 17 - Sunday December 30 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 1:00 PM - FOX

Counting that massacre the Giants laid on the Falcons in the playoffs last season the Falcons have now lost 4 straight games against the Giants. The last time the Falcons beat the Giants was 14-10 at the Meadowlands in 2004. If memory serves me right that was Eli Manning's first NFL start. I remember right at the end of the game Eli had the Giants driving and they got down close to the red zone before the Falcons finally stopped the Giants on downs. I think there might have been a dropped touchdown by the Giants in that series of plays.

When the Falcons play the Lions it will be the 35th time the Falcons and Lions have played each other. This year will be the 21st time of those 35 games that will have been played in Detroit.

The start of the season looks pretty rough to me. Playing KC, then DEN, followed by SD could be a hard stretch against an improving AFC West. I'm glad we get Denver on Monday night. Now, I just have to make sure that I have that night off from work!!

I like the fact that we get the AFC West games out of the way early. The Chiefs are always tough at home no matter how bad they are. I highly doubt Peyton and the Broncos offense will be in full swing by the 2nd game of the season. The Chargers suck early in the season. The Raiders are the Raiders.

The Falcons caught a huge break for when they play the Saints the 2nd time. It's a short week and the previous week the Saints play the 49ers. We know how brutal physical the Niners are. The Saints might be physically and mentally beat up when they come to the Dome plus it's a short week. The Falcons have no excuses to not win that game.

Ok here is the breakdown of prime-time games. I guess the NFL is really expecting the Bears to be great this season. They've got 6 prime-time games to lead the way. There are more prime-time games this season thanks to the NFL having a Thursday night game every week. Unlike in years past every NFL team has at least 1 prime-time game this season.

Bears = 6

Broncos = 5

Packers = 5

Giants = 5

Eagles = 5

Steelers = 5

Chargers = 5

49ers = 5

Falcons = 4

Ravens = 4

Cowboys = 4

Lions = 4