Pat Hill Tells Falcons O-Line We'll Play Anybody, Anywhere, Anytime In 2012

tobyd77

WE'LL PLAY ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!

Man I'm so hype about Pat Hill's philosophy of we want back down from anyone no matter how big they are attitude that he makes me want to get out there on the line and I would get crushed but with words like that I sure wouldn't be thinking that at all. Call me Rudy cause I'm going out a play ball and do my best to man up and control the line of scrimmage and getting down and dirty in the trenches as they call it.

This guy has fire and don't care who that fire hits once he gets his squad going and just may have to apologize to the little child his squad ran over during attack mode all be it not intentionally but I don't think anyone would want to be in the way once these word anyone, anywhere, and anytime come out of this Man's mouth on game day or on the practice field.He set his teams schedules up against big schools on purpose to suit the mentality of his philosophy to let his guys know win or loose we will not back down to anyone because he had his squad believing that they were just as good as the next team because he believed it and wasn't just feeding them seem philosophy that he did not believe himself.

This guy knows how to fire a squad up to go to war now how long that squads fire stays lite will be up to them but he looks like a guy that will get up in your face after a series and tell you like it is and that is exactly what this 0-line needs and up in your face guy that will hold you accountable and not just sit there shaking his head when they guys do block the right way.

If Justin Tuck thought that the o-line was dirty in 2011 than he may as well be ready to get a clothes pen and put it on his nose cause this o-line under new o-line coach Pat Hill will reek with nastiness in 2012 and may be over the top of you while you are on the ground.

One can argue that Fresno under coach Hill could not stand up to the better teams on their schedules every year but the philosophies of coach Hill have helped to build strong NFL careers for a lot of his guys coming out of that school must notable OL Logan Mankin. One thing is for sure he will have you ready to play the big game.

I'm not much of a fan of the bleacherreport's ranking or draft system but I found this article on Pat Hills philosophy that I think that they did a good on.

http://bleacherrepor...nd-fresno-state

I've lost all faith in Baker at this point, but if Pat Hill manages to increase his production, then Pat Hill will be crowned a football god.

this is where I'm at, cause I've watched this dude struggle for 4 years but if Hill can get him to stay on his feet and not get pushed around then he'll most def get all the props he deserves

want = wanting to do somehting

won't = will not.

"Unnecessary"

un·nec·es·sar·y/ˌənˈnesəˌserē/

Definition: Not necessary.

Adjective: Not needed.

Synonyms: needless - superfluous - useless - redundant - otiose

Example: It's unnecessary to point out grammatical errors on message boards.

Funny Sh!! considering that the League tells us:

Who we play.

Where we play.

When we play.

This dude makes it sound like a group from the Brave Falcon

calling out a group from Back Street for a Tug of War (loser wins).

Very true. They aren't getting paid to say they aren't going to try that's for sure. That doesn't increase my confidence in the LT position, but considering a new OC and possible game plans for the offense then that might change a lot of things with the way the O-line works, at least that's what I am hoping for, a better game plan making the entire offensive line and offense do better.

does anyone know what the big green v on the back of the fresno state helmet is there for? it represents the central valley of california. that is %90 of what fresno recruits. ive watched pat hill call out every team that had the peenards to play them. and it was an %80 chance everytime he played them that it went to the wire. his team always fired up and believing they were as good as the uscs and the cals with aaron rodgers. Take aways everything but the one position he knew best and see what he can do with all his attention on the one love that drew him to the sport. the trenches. i have a confession. im smashed and its the first time in 4 months and just got fired up about football with the guys talking draft day. lol

only 1 guy held his ground

Mud Duck

the other 4 were roadkill before the snap....

Actually Blalock wasn't ran over either. It looks like he held his ground then disengaged and passed him off to McClure to help out Svitek because Svitek was getting dominated. I'm surprised Clabo was pushed so far back, but he wasn't exactly roadkill, at least not as much as the RG and LT were. I'm not absolving him of all responsibility, he got pushed back way too far which played a part in trapping Ryan in the collapsed pocket, but at the end of the clip you could see him start to get his legs back under him and push back, but Hawley's guy has already sacked Ryan.

That highlight does a terrific job of highlighting the O-Lines problem throughout the season in one play. Blalock has to help out the failing LT, McClure then gets that block and handles it, which leaves Clabo and Hawley in a 1v1. Clabo was the best RT in the league last year, so more often than not he held is ground (not in this clip, unfortunately). Hawley, on the other hand, got dominated 1v1 as a RG. Pressure from the LT spot and RG spot meant Ryan was trapped and sacked in less than a second.

I really hope we find a LT in the draft.

this is where I'm at, cause I've watched this dude struggle for 4 years but if Hill can get him to stay on his feet and not get pushed around then he'll most def get all the props he deserves

that'll not be up to pat hill that will be up to bakers health. it's not teqhnique or lack of athletic talent that's baker's problem it's his rash of injuries since his sr. season.

Sorry I watched this display of pee poor play again. There is no excuse for a lineman who is about to lose his battle to a stronger, fast rusher on a pass play to not automatically go into phase 2 of your block and stop him with a cut/chop block. They are legal in a 1v 1 situation. You have to have the mindset that he's not going to get past you....no matter what. Plain and simple. And that's what you are getting paid big bucks to do. If you can't......step aside and let someone else do it for you.

Sorry I watched this display of pee poor play again. There is no excuse for a lineman who is about to lose his battle to a stronger, fast rusher on a pass play to not automatically go into phase 2 of your block and stop him with a cut/chop block. They are legal in a 1v 1 situation. You have to have the mindset that he's not going to get past you....no matter what. Plain and simple. And that's what you are getting paid big bucks to do. If you can't......step aside and let someone else do it for you.

talk is cheap

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... yea, look at us get demolished by a 4 man rush....

they better look 1000 times better than the last time we seen um, because this group was garbage ...

this play was doomed from the beginning. the linemen all blocked in and the RB ran towards the crowd which clogged any kind of lane Ryan might have had. Blalock stopped his man then passed him off to McClure then pulled around to try to help Svitek. Hawley was kinda handicapped by the RB running up the middle, if he runs to the edge that was an easy dump off for about 8 yards before first contact. plays like that allow the defense to pin their ears back and just push. if it's a run play they clog up lanes, if it's a pass play they clog up lanes in the pocket, win/win for the D. this is a perfect example of why so many of us were crying for screen plays.

a screen pass wont help much in that play, they werent blitzing it was just a 4 man rush. we need better personnel.as far as LT goes i guess its sviteks job, baker has sucked since we got him, kinda serviceable if we have an extra tight end on his side or a rb to chip but **** his play shouldnt be able to cut it as a starter in the nfl. IF he has been injured for 4 years and thats the reason he is sub par then its time for us to cut ways with him anyway.

well we cant blame Baker for that play.... but yea, he is the 10th highest paid guy on our roster for 2012, at $2,576,250 , thats not that bad, it was last yr we took a hit with him, over 8 mil ....there are alot of things we could do to free up space, and why grimes is holding out is beyond me....