Civil Rights Groups Are Mobilizing To Attack Gun Laws

judas yeast

Stand your ground should apply mostly to personal property... Perpetrator forfeits their life once they enter your home.

Your home is real property, not personal property.

But I don't support using lethal force to protect either one. The only reason lethal force should be authorized in the home (or anywhere else) is in defense of persons, not property.

But I don't support using lethal force to protect either one. The only reason lethal force should be authorized in the home (or anywhere else) is in defense of persons, not property.

My kids/wife are in the house it's pretty much all I need... Hard not to use lethal force in a home invasion situation...

I'm not sure what civil rights organizations the OP is talking about but as a Nation we are way past due in having a discussion about responsible gun control. When the Constitution was written the most advanced weapons available were flint locks which took even the most expert marksman 15 seconds to reload and fired a single shot.

I'm not sure what civil rights organizations the OP is talking about but as a Nation we are way past due in having a discussion about responsible gun control. When the Constitution was written the most advanced weapons available were flint locks which took even the most expert marksman 15 seconds to reload and fired a single shot.

Well the most advanced method of sending information back then was by horseback or pigeon, and I'm not even sure how long those took. Probably a good while. So I guess we're past due for a discussion about limiting the freedom of speech and freedom of the press, too, since we have/had telegraphs, phones, radios, TV's, fax machines, Internet, etc.

Well the most advanced method of sending information back then was by horseback or pigeon, and I'm not even sure how long those took. Probably a good while. So I guess we're past due for a discussion about limiting the freedom of speech and freedom of the press, too, since we have/had telegraphs, phones, radios, TV's, fax machines, Internet, etc.

I think that's exactly right. Jefferson thought it likely that each generation would find the need to write their own constitution. We haven't taken a serious look at ours in over 200 years. I think the founding fathers would be astounded, and most likely dismayed, that we've only mustered the will to amend their original document a handful of times. I don't think they ever envisioned a powerful corporate media with the ability to create and propagate a completely false narrative a' la "swift boating". How do we as a society control that?

I think that's exactly right. Jefferson thought it likely that each generation would find the need to write their own constitution. We haven't taken a serious look at ours in over 200 years. I think the founding fathers would be astounded, and most likely dismayed, that we've only mustered the will to amend their original document a handful of times. I don't think they ever envisioned a powerful corporate media with the ability to create and propagate a completely false narrative a' la "swift boating". How do we as a society control that?

Reporting the news? What's that, I only hear opinions. And when I feel like I am hearing news like on morning addition or all things considered on NPR.. I am told its all liberal garbage even though they have people on both sides of issues on their shows and ask good questions to each person..

Screw you guys I love NPR!!

Gotta disagree there. I'm not waiting around to find out what the intruder's intentions are. I'm gonna drop that ******* as soon as I hear the alarm go off and he/she crosses the threshold...

As a gun owner, I do not see why people need to stockpile guns. You only need a handful of guns: Handgun for personal protection, shotgun for home protection\bird hunting, and a rifle for game hunting. Other than that, what more do you really need?

A bazooka and or a flame throw what else.. In case the zombie hoard over runes your house ....DUH

Anyone without a felony conviction can get a concealed carry permit. Everyone should have the right of self defense so what is the problem with that?

One issue I have with the Trayvon Martin case is that the media always show Trayvon as a 13 year old boy not a 17 year old who is over 6 feet tall. Let's let the evidence and the sworn testimony before a jury decide this case.