First Try At A Mock Draft

Hi guys.

First time trying to put together a mock draft. This mock draft is what i hope happens and not what i expect the Falcons to do.

2nd rd pick : OT Jeff Allen, Illinois 6ft 4" 307lbs

4 year starter, 3 as a left tackle with good production. Pretty light on his feet and has shown the athletic ability needed to succed, Also has some of the nastyness that we lacked last year, plays with a mean streak. Helped Illinois amass 377 yards rushing against Michigan. Allen is a hard worker with a good working ethic and was seen as a leader by teammates and coaches, also comes from a conference where he faced some good pass rushers and handled himself well. has played in 47 games so he has a lot of experience.

3rd rd pick : Brandon Brooks, Miami (Ohio) 6ft 5" 346 lbs

Also has over 40 games as a starter, a big punishing mauler in the both the pass and run game. Rose to the level of competition in the Senior Bowl and had a really good week, i remember a pass play where he just pummeled the guy in front of him. Has great size and does not have alot of dead weight. Mike Mayock called him one of the most impressive 346

lbs players he has seen. would really solidify our OG spot for 10 years. has the potential to be and all pro and worst case he becomes a solid starter and a hard worker.

5th rd pick : CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina 6ft 197 lbs

Very athletic and has good production throughout his career (48 pass deflections) played at a small school and was charged with driving with a suspended license. Really stepped up to the challenge during the East-West Shrine Game and in the Senior Bowl. Norman turned heads every day in practice with his quick feet, closing burst and natural ballskills. He looks natural in reverse with good hip action and body flexibility. Norman intimidated physically with imposing size for the position at 6-0, 203 pounds with 32 ½-inch arms, showing safety size with cornerback skills. We might have to trade up into the 4th as his draft stock has been rising alot lately. Hopefully he will be there though in the 5th.

6th rd pick : RB Michael Smith, Utah State 5ft 9" 207 lbs

Smith, playing in the shadow of teammate Robert Turbin, is relatively unknown and off the national radar.Players with no clear position often find solace on special teams, a place to showcase their skills. Smith embodies that very thing. His senior year averaged 7.6 yards per rush, 11.3 per reception and found the end zone 11 times. Synonymous with versatility Smith is also a great special teamer, both as a cover and return guy. Has great speed and lateral agility, great fit for Koetters screen game. A hard worker who goes quietly about his business.

7th rd pick : K Danny Hrapmann, Southern Miss 5ft 9" 170 lbs

Lets face it, Matt Bryant is not getting any younger and we need to get our kicker for the future, to many patch ups the last couple of years with really old players coming in for us. lets secure this position for the next 4-5 years or so, maybe even more if it turns out great. Hrapmann is a better athlete than one would suspect, but he has tried everything, from kickoffs, to fg's, punting and even running a fake kick for 29 yards. We get a player that can come in and compete for the starting job straight away, he has good accuracy and his power is not an issue ( made a 59 yard FG that was called back due to a timout) and he can either start or sit a year and learn from a pro in Matt Bryant.

Let me know what you think guys.

I like it a lot! You can have a second 7th rnd pick too as we have a complimentary pick this season at no. 249 I believe.

I like the kicker pick too as Bryant is fine but like Zelenka won't last forever, so good idea!!!!

Edited by Vinrouge