What To Do If Ryan Don't Prove He's Capable Of Throwing The Long Ball This Year?

sharky

Everyone knows that Ryan is not accurate with the long ball so what do we do if he continue to struggle? Do we look for someone who can, or do we stay with Ryan. What will be best for the team and how do we move forward? I really curious.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care if ryan remains a noodle armed chump as long as he can start playing better against the better teams in the league. He hasnt progressed IN THAT REGARD whatsoever. Yeah his stats have improved modestly but not when it counts. We wont do better than 10-6 this year if were lucky. Then we get to hear excuses about the smartest qb who ever played needing another year to learn the system.

Everyone knows that Ryan is not accurate with the long ball so what do we do if he continue to struggle? Do we look for someone who can, or do we stay with Ryan. What will be best for the team and how do we move forward? I really curious.

its going to suck when we look back and see that we missed out on cam luck and rgIII waiting for noodles to hit puberty.

i dont care if ryan remains a noodle armed chump as long as he can start playing better against the better teams in the league. He hasnt progressed IN THAT REGARD whatsoever. Yeah his stats have improved modestly but not when it counts. We wont do better than 10-6 this year if were lucky. Then we get to hear excuses about the smartest qb who ever played needing another year to learn the system.

Why are you saying "we"?

Ryan's value will not be the same a year from now. It's either up or down. If he advances this season and it's up, then great. If he doesn't advance, then his value will drop. Either way you keep him and try to find other pieces of the puzzle to put around him. The time to trade him would be now, while his value his high and there is still optimism surrounding Matt.

i am not expecting him to throw the long ball very well this year because he is just not very good at it. i think he will do well though, especially considering how someone like Kellen Moore had success in a Koetter-type offense. what i do want to see, and the troll has a point, is Ryan play better against better teams when it counts AND for him to become more of a gunslinger AND be less of a wuss in the pocket. im not a hater but Ryan does need to step it up this year.

yea but its not just Ryan that doesnt show up against good teams. turner, robinson, abe, the oline, roddy, moore, decoud. the list goes on

It's almost like the whole bunch of them play like nervous rookies when in fact they are seasoned veterans. You're supposed to loose those jitters after the game gets underway.

It's almost like the whole bunch of them play like nervous rookies when in fact they are seasoned veterans. You're supposed to loose those jitters after the game gets underway.

this is where Smith takes some blame. the tone at the top ripples down to everyone.

Almost sounds like a lack of motivation, and you would think that with all the money these guys make it would be easy to stay motivated. Maybe it was the overall scheme the players just didn't believe in.

Matt Ryan has 4 winning seasons, his overall record is 43-19, he just eclipsed 4,000 yards, something no QB in Atlanta history has ever done, most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season, most game winning drives in a single season, most wins in a regular season by a starting QB (franchise history), first rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and make the playoffs, he's consecutively put up great statistics every season and has led us to 3 playoff appearances and 4 winning seasons when we couldn't even get back-to-back a few years ago. Sure, he can do better against better teams, yeah he needs to improve his deep ball, but we all know he's working to improve that.

It absolutely maddens me that people want to get rid of him and ship him off for a few first round picks (and then have the audacity to say he's not worth that), just because of 3 (One of which was his rookie year) mediocre performances. If you guys are naive enough to believe a hard working, media-friendly, statistically improving 26 year old non-injury prone QB can never get better, then your knowledge of the game is too abysmal to even bother arguing.

Every time I go on the website, I hope that maybe we can have a good discussion, maybe we can actually have a thread where everyone just isn't accusing people of being trolls and trying to make clever comments to fish in likes, but every single time I'm disappointed with the same pessimistic pests that ruin these boards. We have our guy, but we want someone like Rodgers, we want someone like Brees, we want someone like Brady (Brady, of which is very possible), we can't settle for "good enough" because we want something "fantastic", but let me ask you this. How long did it take for Peyton Manning and Drew Brees to win a playoff game?

Did they improve? Are they not some of the best QBs to ever play the game? Of course Ryan isn't "elite", we've all ******* established that he's been nothing above mediocre in the playoffs, but let's not act like it's only been his fault. There are a lot of things wrong with this team, but Ryan is the least of our concerns and we can't waste time daydreaming of the best.

It doesn't matter what you think, because even if you want Ryan gone, he's going to be here because that's what the team wants, that's what management wants and that's what half of the fans with a brain want. He's not going anywhere, so unless your trollbaiting, find something to talk about or **** off.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit