How Pathetic Are The Saints?

pr0d1gy

Yeah I know it is a little conspiracy theory-ish but follow me here. The Ainst suck for 40 years and Katrina hits. They sign Brees, become media darlings, win a Super Bowl, booooo. Plenty of people throw out the questionable reffing in many of their games and ESPN and the NFL go out of their way to promote New Orleans and the Saints. Uncapped year and new deal passes but, uh-oh, Brees' contract is coming up and New America's Team is banging it's head on the cap. What can we do to ensure they re-sign Brees?

Well if they lost a top draft pick that would free up the signing bonus and they could franchise Colston and easily get Brees under contract, boom Bounty Program (almost seems "Tuck Rule-ish"). The fact that Brees hasn't been signed long term yet just shows that the Saints' front office is horribly inept, missing all the softball tosses the NFL is sending them, thus I feel better that our time is coming if we just get more physical up front and more explosive outside.

Carolina is going to become the problem. A Brees of Discontent is blowing in New Orleans.

Ummm... They already blew their first round pick on Ingram last year. How much more would their second rounder have cost against the cap this year? Couldn't find numbers from last year, but in 2011, the highest amount of guaranteed money for a rookie was to Louis Delmas (4 years w/$3.5 million guaranteed) and that was essentially $900k per season. Teams drafting in the Taints' spot were giving about $1.5 million for four years. Not saying you're wrong, but it's stretccccccchhhhhhinnng just a bit to say the league was trying to do them a favor.

Well they lost a pair of 2nds, which would equate to about $4 million a year. Shockingly, that is almost exactly how far the Aints are away from the $19 mil Brees wants. The NFL is practically begging them to sign Brees. I bet he's pissed, because he sure as **** should be. Most yards & TD's since 2006 in the entire NFL and the Aints won't pay him top tier money. If we had Brees he would have been $20 mil a year after the Super Bowl. Blank don't play, like Mr. Clark.

Now Loomis is magically caught bugging visiting teams' coaches in New Orleans, thus allowing them to drop another pick or two and free up the money for Brees. These picks should still count against a team's cap and the money should be put into a fund for retired players. If that doesn't happen then this is all just an underhanded way for the league to lift the Saints back up.

Goodell to Saints players regarding bounties: No EXCUSES. None of this it was only him and not us crap.

They embraced everything Greg Williams and Sean Payton pushed. And with the wiretap thing with their GM, they've had a culture of cheating for years.

Goodell to Saints players regarding bounties: No EXCUSES. None of this it was only him and not us crap.

They embraced everything Greg Williams and Sean Payton pushed. And with the wiretap thing with their GM, they've had a culture of cheating for years.

Right, but this could have been caught a year or two ago before Brees' contract came up. Just seems odd that this all happened at just the right time for them.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fibonacci

last I checked I was being stalked by their fans.

it is wild that they have started threads on their boards about me. and go and pull things out that has nothing to do with football, and was a religion topic on the forum here for "anything but football".