Our Next Te...

VaderMan

If he comes from the list Dawg just posted, I wouldnt mind it being Egnew or Green, just depends on where we take him. I also disagree with the write up on him. I wouldnt mind seeing him drafted in the 5th. I do like Green as well but if there is nice DB or DL on the board in the 3rd, I would rather take either of those, regardless if we take one ithose positions in the 2nd or not. I am all for the first two picks going on DL/DB which ever player is better.

That being said, if there is nothing on the board in the 3rd in terms of DL/DB...then I say take Green. With Green or Egnew there are issues. Green lacks size and strength, and he needs work on his blocking...all coachable things. Egnew needs polish and experience, and some work on blocking as well, his body is already that of an NFL TE. His issues are also coachable. Green has excellent speed though, and that is not coachable...so its a trade off imo. Just depends on what is availabe in round 3 when we pick.

As far as height, it does matter...Ryan is not the most accurate QB, ecpecially throwing downfield. I would much rather have a TE at 6'5 or so vs 6'2, it makes a big difference to the QB. We have a QB that has not shown he can go to the next level. Yes we had line problems, yes we had coaching problems. Beyond that though there were many throws that Ryan should have made, but didnt. He struggles with deep throws and sometimes with mid range throws as well. I hope he plays more consistant this year amongst a few others.

I agree w/ you on wanting the larger tight end - but little else.

I like "the idea" of LaDarius Green - just don't actually like the player himself. He looks to me to be more of a straight wide receiver - who does not run great routes - than an actual tight end.

I don't want a Tight End in the 2nd or 3rd. I would like to see those picks go to DT and LT if there is value on the board at those spots - which there may not be.

I like "the idea" of LaDarius Green - just don't actually like the player himself. He looks to me to be more of a straight wide receiver - who does not run great routes - than an actual tight end.

I don't want a Tight End in the 2nd or 3rd. I would like to see those picks go to DT and LT if there is value on the board at those spots - which there may not be.

Well I did say Green needs work, in the 3rd round you arent getting a complete player most times, so dont get so hung up on what he is not, focus on what he is and can contribute right now...because the "what he is not" again is all coachable. I also said that I dont want a TE in the 3rd if there is a viable DL/DB there. I dont agree with you about taking a LT in the 3rd, why would you do that? If we cant get a legit LT this year, then we cant. It has to wait. Why waste a pick reaching for a high skill position (LT) in the 3rd? If we take TE there, that player will play from week 1. Green lined up along side Gonzo in certain packages will cause problems...I would rather see that vs some LT from the 3rd round that will not see the field, we have Svitek as a back up plan already, which equates to your 3rd round LT idea. Actually Svitek rates higher imo.

This is probably a situation where we just have to pick the best player available.

Dontari Poe might still be there, as his draft stock is falling due to doing absolutely nothing on the field.

Well I did say Green needs work, in the 3rd round you arent getting a complete player most times, so dont get so hung up on what he is not, focus on what he is and can contribute right now...because the "what he is not" again is all coachable. I also said that I dont want a TE in the 3rd if there is a viable DL/DB there. I dont agree with you about taking a LT in the 3rd, why would you do that? If we cant get a legit LT this year, then we cant. It has to wait. Why waste a pick reaching for a high skill position (LT) in the 3rd? If we take TE there, that player will play from week 1. Green lined up along side Gonzo in certain packages will cause problems...I would rather see that vs some LT from the 3rd round that will not see the field, we have Svitek as a back up plan already, which equates to your 3rd round LT idea. Actually Svitek rates higher imo.

i agree that is very hard to project the pick until you are on the clock......to me Green is a 4th/5th rounder who could develop but is a total roll of the dice gamble for greatness pick.

these are the players that I kind of like in no paticular order in 2nd/3rd rounds - maybe half of them will be available - maybe none - who the heck knows?

2nd/3rd round picks:

Brandon Thompson, DT-Clemson - 2nd

Coby Fleener, TE-Stanford - 2nd

Jerel Worthy, DT-Michigan State - 2nd

Trumaine Johnson, CB/FS-Montana - 2nd/3rd

Brandon Brooks, OG-Miami OH - 2nd/3rd

Doug Martin, RB-Boise State - 2nd

Kelechi Osemele, OT/OG-Iowa State - 2nd

Devon Still, DT-Penn State- 2nd (KOG will hate this - he may be right, but he looks good to me)

Amini Silatolu, OG-Midwestern State - 2nd

Bobbie Massey, RT/LT-Ole Miss - 2nd

Bruce Irvin, OLB/DE-West Virginia - 3rd

Josh Chapman, DT-Alabama - 3rd

Alameda Ta'amu, NT-Washington - 2nd

Kendall Reyes, DT/DE-Connecticut - 2nd

i agree that is very hard to project the pick until you are on the clock......to me Green is a 4th/5th rounder who could develop but is a total roll of the dice gamble for greatness pick.

these are the players that I kind of like in no paticular order in 2nd/3rd rounds - maybe half of them will be available - maybe none - who the heck knows?

2nd/3rd round picks:

Devon Still, DT-Penn State- 2nd (KOG will hate this - he may be right, but he looks good to me)

Any of these at #55 will be fine with me....

2nd/3rd round picks:

Don't know if Fleener makes it to the second, or 55th pick, but if he does, please PLEASE pick him, TD. Then we could go O-line, D-line and Secondary the rest of the way, and I would be a happy camper!!!!!!!

Don't know if Fleener makes it to the second, or 55th pick, but if he does, please PLEASE pick him, TD. Then we could go O-line, D-line and Secondary the rest of the way, and I would be a happy camper!!!!!!!

Even if the Colts don't pick him, which they will, he still won't make it to the #55 pick. People are saying he might go in the late first.

Even if the Colts don't pick him, which they will, he still won't make it to the #55 pick. People are saying he might go in the late first.

Yeah, you could be right.....I know, the Colts have showed interest in Fleener, and they could use a TE of his caliber. I don't know why, but I have a hunch that TD is going to trade up to the early 2nd, or late 1st, and grab a player of interest again.....not to say it would be the right thing to do necessarily, or that it would be Fleener they're interested in....but if it was, personally I wouldn't have a problem with that.....I think he's just that good!!! May be the BPA at a position of need for us, too.

But hey, that's why we leave it up to the professionals, right?

Completely agree with this. Was high on Green early, but not so much anymore. I've never been an Egnew fan so I hope we pass there as well.

Guest Negatorris

I want this guy in the 3rd round.

5902025.jpeg

Green would be more of a WR than a TE. Egnew has a better TE build to create matchup issues, and I think he would flourish under Tony for a year.

2nd/3rd round picks:

I'd say Worthy will be gone by 25th pick and Fleener by the 35th pick, may be off a pick or two. But that will be close. Both are going to be very good players.