Fix The Oline...now!

Brandon Brooks, G should be the pick at #55 (he plays LT tackle too) 3rd Rd pick should be Michael Brewster, C (Hawley filled in well but he's not really a starter imho)...oh & Hebron Fangupo, DT in the 5th (nice sleeper pick)...I just pray that TD reads this...lol

I want to fix the OL as well, but I'm pretty sure that we won't draft a C. Hawley is the C for the future, and I don't see why we should give up on him yet.

We would have to be absolutely sure that Brooks can play LT and be an actual upgrade over Baker, to pick him there.. I don't think we really need any more guards (at least not in the earlier rounds), so if he turns out to be a guard, then no thanks..

I just don't see which OL player is going to make an impact with our first picks.. But if TD decides to roll with Brooks, then I'll support it.

Lol sorry dude we probably won't draft any of those guys. Fangupo is to small and doesn't have the skill set to be a starter, Brooks doesn't play LT good or as effectively as OT we don't need experimentation at LT. There are better options in the 3rd then Brewster. He played great in front of Pryor in Ohio but he was also part of Ohio's tattoo scandal. We seen how it affected Pryors stock. True he's a year removed but its a concern of NFL scouts, he was also moved to C due to injuries. He plays G

Lol sorry dude we probably won't draft any of those guys. Fangupo is to small and doesn't have the skill set to be a starter, Brooks doesn't play LT good or as effectively as OT we don't need experimentation at LT. There are better options in the 3rd then Brewster. He played great in front of Pryor in Ohio but he was also part of Ohio's tattoo scandal. We seen how it affected Pryors stock. True he's a year removed but its a concern of NFL scouts, he was also moved to C due to injuries. He plays G

Brandon Brooks, G should be the pick at #55 (he plays LT tackle too) 3rd Rd pick should be Michael Brewster, C (Hawley filled in well but he's not really a starter imho)...oh & Hebron Fangupo, DT in the 5th (nice sleeper pick)...I just pray that TD reads this...lol

Some of these MOFOs dont understand this, they think we are " just fine " at RG because we signed Manuwai, and still have Jackson and Johnson on the roster ....rolleyes.gif ......they think Joe mfkng Hawley is our stud center of the future .......they can not comprehend the concept of upgrading with studs NOW so that we have championship caliber lineman coming up on the back end ......great post man, I agree 100000 percent, you are one of the brighter bulbs on the TATF tree IMHO .........

Aw man thanks freebird...i very rarely hear that even though i feel as if my post tend to make sense & just be straight to the point...I'm not sure how the double standard occurs on this board with the bashing of the OLine & then the sudden justification and renewed support as if these same guys will suddenly become studs. Plus implementing Koetter's strategy is going to prove worrisome if we don't nip this thing in the bud like now! Thank you sir =]

Some of these MOFOs dont understand this, they think we are " just fine " at RG because we signed Manuwai, and still have Jackson and Johnson on the roster ....rolleyes.gif ......they think Joe mfkng Hawley is our stud center of the future .......they can not comprehend the concept of upgrading with studs NOW so that we have championship caliber lineman coming up on the back end ......great post man, I agree 100000 percent, you are one of the brighter bulbs on the TATF tree IMHO .........

while I agree with freebirds take above - that Falcons need to upgrade RG - and agree with OP(gimmesomo) that Brandon Brooks would be a great pick at #55 - I don't think he will be the pick. I like Brooks a lot.

Osemele could probably play any position on the O-Line except center and he is a hoss at 6'6" and 333lbs so he might be the pick - Falcons have shown interest in him.

I also like Brewster but would not take him until 5th round if he falls that far.

Brandon Brooks is a pure guard in the NFL. And Hawley hasn't even played many games at center yet. You have to DEVELOPE players.
C and G arnt that disimilar... He had a wholse season some at c and some at G.. from wat i sawxhe didnt earn anything this yr coming up.. im not surprised there lookjng at other C's... The only two that are locks are lock and clabo.. other then that its up for grabs...

Not sure that C in McClure/ Hawkey is not accounted for. I say let's see what our new coordinator's scheme can produce. I am not so sure that there is a LT worth drafting this year to start is wise given the talent available from rd. 2 forward. Why not wait until we have a # 1 draft choice to draft a franchise LT? We can't fill every weakness with a top player in one year. We need to get an impact player at NT, DE or CB, in that order, to increase our competiveness this year. We are not not far away, but we need to 'digest' the new offensive and defensive systems before we select the 'final' pieces.

franchise left tackles grow on vines like watermelon, unfortunately for us falcons fan td is too lazy to pick one. I can name 32 franchise left tackles currently in the NFL that are just sitting ready ripe and just there to plug in and fix all our woes. But again td is a lazy pos all he has to do is push open his screen door, step down off the porch, saunter to the left tackle patch and pick a ripe one.

franchise left tackles grow on vines like watermelon, unfortunately for us falcons fan td is too lazy to pick one. I can name 32 franchise left tackles currently in the NFL that are just sitting ready ripe and just there to plug in and fix all our woes. But again td is a lazy pos all he has to do is push open his screen door, step down off the porch, saunter to the left tackle patch and pick a ripe one.
there arnt 32 LTs in the NFL.. if that were grue then LTs wouldnt be valued as high...

The hardest position to find on a o-line is a LT...

To me, we have three open spots on our O line. LT, RG, C.

At RG we do have two more players to compete for the starter spot, Johnson and Manuwai. Johnson was hurt last year so we were stuck with putting Reynolds and Hawley in his place. So really we do not need another player there because...

...At C we have McClure and Hawley. McClure is near the end of the road while Hawley was a better guard than center. We do have a need for a center, much more than at RG and so, I do hope TD takes a center in rounds 2-5.

Then we have LT. We do not have any new players there, and the guys we have are loaded with question marks. Here is where one of our impact picks, 2 or 3, should be used IF a good player is to be had. Somehow someway, we need another guy to put in there to compete for the LT job.

Edited by egoprime II

Johnson is a career LG, not a Right...I'm not quite even sure what TD's motivation was behind that pick but I have a good feeling he is not going to be a dominant factor on the OLine this upcoming season although he may push for time, I also feel that Svitek did a lot better job than we are giving him credit for and even though Baker plays like crap, the two of them in rotation should work out decently, I don't know who really pays attention to our OLine play consistently but it really is probably the weakest aspect of this team. Not the DLine, even though that could use some special attention as well, we have yet to put some real beef on this line though, i've been saying that for the past 3 years & just waiting for TD to push the button, Idk, maybe they're comfortable with this rag-tag line but with the potential Draftees I just mentioned we could definitely be on the way to making this continuing conversation an irrelevant one...jussayn

Johnson is a career LG, not a Right...I'm not quite even sure what TD's motivation was behind that pick but I have a good feeling he is not going to be a dominant factor on the OLine this upcoming season although he may push for time, I also feel that Svitek did a lot better job than we are giving him credit for and even though Baker plays like crap, the two of them in rotation should work out decently, I don't know who really pays attention to our OLine play consistently but it really is probably the weakest aspect of this team. Not the DLine, even though that could use some special attention as well, we have yet to put some real beef on this line though, i've been saying that for the past 3 years & just waiting for TD to push the button, Idk, maybe they're comfortable with this rag-tag line but with the potential Draftees I just mentioned we could definitely be on the way to making this continuing conversation an irrelevant one...jussayn

Johnson maybe because he was a very good lead blocker for Ingram, TD thought he may be a good lead blocker for Turner.. Also wasn't Blalock a UFA that year? maybe insurance