Thakrunk1's Mock Draft V6, Or Is It V7....i Dunno Anymore.

KRUNKuno

The one intriguing thing about this year's draft for us Falcons' fans is that we can go a variety of different ways with our picks. New coordinators means a new take on both sides of the ball, as well as new input on what players we draft. I think it's pretty clear that our focus will be STRICTLY defense and maybe touch the oline up. I say maybe, because we have drafted oline in the past and I feel like we believe we can coach the current guys up. With that said, here's my final take on what we should do.

Round 2, pick 55

Ronnell Lewis, LB/DE, 6'2'' 253lbs, Oklahoma

We dump one OU linebacker and exchange him for a more dynamic linebacker. Ronnell Lewis' athleticism and versatility is off the charts. He's an impact presence on defense. He makes those game changing type plays that we need more of. Has had success at both defensive end and standing as a linebacker.

Round 3, pick 84

Brandon Washington, OG/OT, 6'3'' 320lbs, Miami

I'm a big fan of Brandon Washington, because of his ability to truly play the LT position as well as being a force at guard. He has the size that you want out of an interior lineman, but the agility you want out of a tackle. He can come in and compete right away in our RG/LT battle.

Round 5, pick 157

Akiem Hicks, DT/DE, 6'5'' 315lbs, Regina (Canada)

Athleticism and versatility is key in this mock draft. Hicks is a big bodied player that can legitimately either power or finesse offensive lineman. He has great quick twitch moves that aid him in making plays behind the line and laterally.

Round 6, pick 192

Justin Bethel, CB/S, 6'0'' 200lbs, Presbyterian

TD likes his small school guys, and Justin Bethel fits the bill as a Senior and team leader. Small school players MUST stand out from the competition. Bethel's 2011 stats...88 tackles, 4 picks, 6 passes broken up.

Round 7, pick ???

Dale Moss, WR/Basketball Player, 6'4'' 215lbs, South Dakota State

Diamond in the rough type player. Moss' basketball skills definitely help him as a receiver from what I've seen. His issue is that he's not gonna burn anybody with his speed. Has great body control. We have all of 4 receivers. Injuries happen. This guy can come in and compete.

Round 7, pick ??? (compensatory: Michael Koenen)

Kourtnei Brown, DE, 6'5'' 256lbs, Clemson

Depth at the defensive end position. Lord knows we need it.

2013 Draft, Tyler Eifer TE Notre Dame

Edited by thakrunk1

Oh s**t... I was just putting together a draft with those two first picks.

Obviously I love it.

Ronnell Lewis makes a ton of sense as he can essentially fill three spots ILB/OLB/DE. He's a beast on ST and is one of the most violent hitters I've seen in college - probably since Willis.

Oh s**t... I was just putting together a draft with those two first picks.

Obviously I love it.

Ronnell Lewis makes a ton of sense as he can essentially fill three spots ILB/OLB/DE. He's a beast on ST and is one of the most violent hitters I've seen in college - probably since Willis.

Yea, I like Lewis a lot. He's has that headhunter mentality and knows how to finish a tackle/sack/whatever. Too many times have I seen our players whiff on tackles and sacks. It's embarrassing.

I am intrigued about the Dale Moss pick! Do you think he is a TE convert,he seems he has physique and stats similar to the Great TG and an ex basketball player too!?

No he cant be a tight end at all. He's 6'4'' 215lbs. Not nearly big enough. He uses his body very well though.

Looks solid, not a big fan of Washington though. Eifert is an excellent choice for next year.

Thanks. I think we pass on a tight end this year. We have Tony Gonzalez coming back, and I'm very high on Michael Palmer. Tony retiring after the season means we'll definitely be in the TE market. Eifert has a load of upside and comes in the form of a Jermichael Finley or Jimmy Graham.

Like the bethel pick

I think Bethel is one of the sleepers in this draft. He quietly had a great combine after posting playmaker numbers while at Presbyterian. And he's versatile. I think he can come in and contribute.