I Just Got This Email About Gas Prices ...pretty Good Idea

Serendipity

SEND THIS ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS !!!

(but why wait till then, get into the habit by starting now)

GAS WAR STARTS MAY 1st 2012

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ...

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.28 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one)SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA and ESSO I’m sure someone will feel badly because they either work for these companies or know someone that does BUT Dammit I’m tired of these High Gas and Diesel prices and I don’t care!

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy fromSUNOCO(PETRO CANADA)/ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.99 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK(

REMEMBER – STARTING MAY 1st NO GAS FROM ESSO / PETROCAN / SUNOCO! why wait till then, get into the habit by starting now

Edited by Serendipity

I remember when it would cost me 1.50 to buy 1 US dollar. Still hit the east cost for summer vacation though. You can understand with the down turn in the US housing market and our strong dollar why so many Canadians are buying US summer homes/condos especially in Florida.

btw that beaver (nickel) is now our lowest currency denomination, the government announced in the last federal budget that we are getting rid of the penny.

It is a dumb idea from a spam-chain email. People who buy in to this type of stuff don't see the impact on the gas station owners or employees, but who cares about people trying to make a living, right? Simpleton idea for simple minds.

You're such an idiot it's unbelievable.

Ouch! That really hurts. To be called an idiot by an azz-clown that actually thinks that the spam/chain email he received is a good idea is an all time low.rolleyes.gif

Maybe if you actually knew how gas station owners make the majority of there money you wouldn't look so stupid.

Here let me help you http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/story/2012-04-12/gas-station-profits/54200106/1

I know you have a hard on for me BOP and anything I post you will try to debunk or ridicule, I just find it funny when you end up making a fool of yourself.... again

Only way the price of gas will go down if cars, houses, factories and etc ran off of natural gas. The US has a ton of natural gas and it is cheap. If the US can find a way to at least convert cars from gas to natural gas that would benefit everyone.

All due respect, but this has been circulating for about the past 3 years. Every time they just change the year. In fact, I saw one where the date on the title was changed, but withing the text, it still said 2011. I don't think it has actually worked yet. Great idea in principle, though..........

Unfortunately this would never work. In the event there was some kind of united stand, and everyone bought their gas from smaller companies, the "big guy" would only have to be the cheapest in town and everyone would buy gas their. Think about it, if gas is $3.99 a gallon, and this happened and worked, as soon as Exxon stations had gas at $3.79, everyone would flock to fill up for a savings of 20 cents a gallon.

Since gas prices are not originated at the retail distribution arena, and are mostly loss leaders to attract other more profitable purchases, this idea is idiotic. You would only be shifting demand to other outlets, thus not impacting macro demand, and thus not impacting gas prices. But you would be taking a swipe at convenience store and gas station owners, many of which are small businesses who have a franchise from a big company.

All due respect, but this has been circulating for about the past 3 years. Every time they just change the year. In fact, I saw one where the date on the title was changed, but withing the text, it still said 2011. I don't think it has actually worked yet. Great idea in principle, though..........

If people put as much effort into conservation as they do into these chain letters, we might be onto something.

LOL at the person who spends 1/2 hour in line the night before pump prices are scheduled to rise a few cents.

If people put as much effort into conservation as they do into these chain letters, we might be onto something.

LOL at the person who spends 1/2 hour in line the night before pump prices are scheduled to rise a few cents.

If people complaining about global warming, abortion, etc would put that time into exposing the cover up/withholding/whatever you want to call it of already existent alternative technologies then it would really drop prices but then again would take money out of the politicians pockets too.

My solution is simple: GM, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Kia, etc. needs to jump on the technology Tesla has on the 85 kWh battery.

Gas stations need to join with electric companies and install charging stations and jump on improving battery technology.

Rest stops should also be equipped with charging stations.

An empty battery can charge in 30 minutes enough to travel 160 miles. The 85 kWh battery gets 300 miles per charge.

If this technology was available nationwide at a mid-priced range enough people would be all over it so that the supply of gas is more than plentiful and obviously cheaper since fewer people are using it.

Again, the problem isn't the technology here, it's people knowing they'll make less money doing what's best for the consumer. While that's great for capitalism and all, the other side of capitalism is realizing what your breaking point is in business...

Since gas prices are not originated at the retail distribution arena, and are mostly loss leaders to attract other more profitable purchases, this idea is idiotic. You would only be shifting demand to other outlets, thus not impacting macro demand, and thus not impacting gas prices. But you would be taking a swipe at convenience store and gas station owners, many of which are small businesses who have a franchise from a big company.

You might want to rethink that

I wish cappy. I read and article that has stations do not make much money from gas. Also one problem with electric is fill up time. They work for short/medium commute and day to day, but trips would be impossible. You would have to stop every few hundred miles and refill or 6 hours.

I wish cappy. I read and article that has stations do not make much money from gas. Also one problem with electric is fill up time. They work for short/medium commute and day to day, but trips would be impossible. You would have to stop every few hundred miles and refill or 6 hours.

That's where the gas companies come in. They could run batteries like we do propane tanks. Turn in your ran down battery and pay a service charge for swapping it for a fully charged one. Wouldn't be that hard to do.