Td May Surprise Again

jbrinson

Last year everyone on the board was making mock draft with play that the falcons would have gotten with the draft picks we had. People were saying players like Torry Smith and Greg Little. All players that would make up more explosive. TD goes and trades up 21 pick to get Julio Jones. This year we need offensive line help and I'm thinking that he will make another big move. I don't want him to trade key future draft picks but maybe a player like turner and/or Nicholas, Babineaux. I think TD will trade somewhere late in the first round and snag a great player like Decastro , Martin, or Glenn. Tell what you guys think.

Sorry About the Typo At first

Edited by jbrinson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think borrowing from the future to pay for the present has to stop sometime.

I plan to sit and enjoy a lackluster Falcons draft filled with lunch-pail carrying working class guys who will see very little playing time this season. More "girth", but very little excitement.

I've said before that LT Matt Kalil is the only player worth us moving up for, but the price would be enormous.

I dont see TD making any surprise moves.

Guest Gritz

I think borrowing from the future to pay for the present has to stop sometime.

I plan to sit and enjoy a lackluster Falcons draft filled with lunch-pail carrying working class guys who will see very little playing time this season. More "girth", but very little excitement.

I've said before that LT Matt Kalil is the only player worth us moving up for, but the price would be enormous.

I dont see TD making any surprise moves.

What Euphoria said...

I don't think we have enough trade bait to move us up (that wouldn't leave us with significant holes)....and you can't keep borrowing against your future to attempt to fix your present problems.......

For starts, I don't think ANY of the players you mention would be trade bait for a 1st round pick.

I actually think given how this offseason has gone and all that's been publicly said about how the roster is fine,and the cap issues, I wouldn't be supprised one bit if TD traded BACK to pick up extra late round picks or future picks

Last year everyone on the board was making mock draft with play that the falcons would have gotten with the draft picks we had. People were saying players like Torry Smith and Greg Little. All players that would make up more explosive. TD goes and trades up 21 pick to get Greg Little. This year we need offensive line help and I'm thinking that he will make another big move. I don't want him to trade key future draft picks but maybe a player like turner and/or Nicholas, Babineaux. I think TD will trade somewhere late in the first round and snag a great player like Decastro , Martin, or Glenn. Tell what you guys think.

i think youre crazy if you think were getting more than a 3rd for any of those guys.

I think borrowing from the future to pay for the present has to stop sometime. I plan to sit and enjoy a lackluster Falcons draft filled with lunch-pail carrying working class guys who will see very little playing time this season. More "girth", but very little excitement. I've said before that LT Matt Kalil is the only player worth us moving up for, but the price would be enormous. I dont see TD making any surprise moves.

how is kalil different from sam baker?????Baker had the same hype coming out, but look at how everything turned out.

TD made that move with this years draft class in mind.

He knew there was nobody in the 20's as good as Julio last year, and there is no one in the 20's as good this year.

TD is very analytical, and he didnt make that trade without the 2012 draft considerations.

TD made that move with this years draft class in mind.

He knew there was nobody in the 20's as good as Julio last year, and there is no one in the 20's as good this year.

TD is very analytical, and he didnt make that trade without the 2012 draft considerations.

Really? Somehow you believe that TD could foresee the future with regards to this year's draft way back when. My take is that after a 13-3 year, he believed we were one key offensive player away from taking us to the nex level. Honestly, I think alot of y'all are giving Dimitroff wayyyyy too much credit.

The one move I think TD will make is to aquire a 4th round pick one way or the other. Just think about it, If we had that 4th we would not only have 7 picks but it would be a full draft other than that 1st rd pick. I hope he does that. Even if we trade next years 3 for a fourth this year. not having a third next year will not mean as much because we are trying to win now! I hope we do that. Spread out the hits from the move up last year if you will. And having that 1st and 2nd next year will ease the lose. WE may even get a comp next year and still have 7 picks then also.

Really? Somehow you believe that TD could foresee the future with regards to this year's draft way back when. My take is that after a 13-3 year, he believed we were one key offensive player away from taking us to the nex level. Honestly, I think alot of y'all are giving Dimitroff wayyyyy too much credit.

what you dont think each team doesnt actually evaulate the talent coming out next year and try to draft according to this years talent to next years talent? drafting and creating a championship team isnt a sprint like some of yall may think. its a marathon and you have to look at future talent as well as current

what you dont think each team doesnt actually evaulate the talent coming out next year and try to draft according to this years talent to next years talent? drafting and creating a championship team isnt a sprint like some of yall may think. its a marathon and you have to look at future talent as well as current

Guess work at best. Baker, Jerry, future talent that didn't exacly pan out. Dimotroff doesn't have the absolute crystal ball that many here believe.

vadchbirdlover: i think you're not giving any credence to a pretty obvious point dirtybirdz is making and one that i believe all gm's consider is what is the draft pool like for future years. why is that impossible to discern? what, looking at tape of sophmores and juniors is guess work? ok. sure.

Yep, it's 50/50 any way u slice it. Remember, most Dimitrof supporters will swear that the draft is a crap shoot at best, when things don't work out.

not saying he can see the future. But he doesnt start watching film on guys when they are juniors and seniors.

I am sure he took plenty of ime to look at last years juniors and sophmores to see what he thought of them prior to making such a move. It isnt some special talent that only TD can do.

I have heard more than once when a GM talks about trading future picks tha they mentioned they like a certain player more than what they thought would be available next draft,etc.

And nobody says he has a crystal ball to predict future talent, but after watching film, he makes judgement on guys who are coming out and those who arent until next season.

Yep, it's 50/50 any way u slice it. Remember, most Dimitrof supporters will swear that the draft is a crap shoot at best, when things don't work out.

and then there are those who will not give credit when it is due as well.

He isnt the best ever, but he cant be as bad as so many of you guys claim since his peers named him to executive 50% of his years here. Not bad in a pool of 32 teams if you ask me.