Anyone Else Have A Weird Feeling About This Draft.

We are exactly two weeks away from the 1st round of the NFL Draft, and I have never been more blanked on what the Falcons might do. They don't have a 1st round pick which sucks so it's even harder than ever to get a bead on what they are going to do. They have like 3 or 4 different positions they can address with that 2nd round pick, but it all depends on what players fall and what teams reach for certain players.

I personally think the best thing that could happen for the Falcons if there is a run of teams reaching for QBs. If guys like Tannehill, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, and Brandon Weeden are all taken in the late 1st early 2nd round. That could end up pushing a guy like Brandon Thompson or if they were lucky maybe even Andre Branch.

Weird thing is l have a more excited feeling about this draft than I have had in the past.... anyone else have the same feeling?

I don't know why, but I think TD is going to surprise us all....maybe trade up higher in the 2nd, or maybe even the 1st to get a more quality player of need. I know we need to try and get more depth, for the O-line, D-line and secondary, but I think if we could reach for TE Coby Fleener, who may be BPA (within reach), we would be set at TE for years to come. And he would have the advantage of playing, and being tutored by, arguably the best TE to ever play the game, in Tony Gonzalez.

To me, Fleener is the whole package.....great hands, great blocker, has speed (to be that big), and is durable.

I don't know why, but I think TD is going to surprise us all....maybe trade up higher in the 2nd, or maybe even the 1st to get a more quality player of need. I know we need to try and get more depth, for the O-line, D-line and secondary, but I think if we could reach for TE Coby Fleener, who may be BPA (within reach), we would be set at TE for years to come. And he would have the advantage of playing, and being tutored by, arguably the best TE to ever play the game, in Tony Gonzalez.

To me, Fleener is the whole package.....great hands, great blocker, has speed (to be that big), and is durable.

No argument about Fleener's ability. However we only have one football on the field at a time. Already we have White, Jones, Douglas, Gonzalez, Turner, Snelling and Rodgers to get the ball to. Where does Fleener in?

Ok so Fleener is for the future, fine. This is Babs last year on his contract. This is also Bakers last year on his. Jerry is what, a couple seasons away? More and more we are having issues with our O and D lines. We traded two firsts a second and two fourths for one WR. TD has used two first and two thirds on our O and D lines, combined.

You do not win games unless you win in the trenches. Forget TE, WR, RB. It is way way way past time, for TD to put a lot more emphasis on the lines where we desperately need to improve. It takes time to develop O and D linemen, the sooner we start, the better off we will be.

Edited by egoprime II

I think the draft can go several ways... if good players get pushed lower due to runs on some positions (likely) then TD can either sit at 55 and feel pretty confident that at least one of his higher rated players will be there, or he can trade up to get THE player he covets higher in Rd 2. There's also the unlikely chance he trades to #3 and gets our future AllPro LT for the next 12 seasons.

No picks on the first day. Long wait on the 2nd day. Didn't even watch that much CFB this past season, so my familiarity with the players is way down.

Oh I was "trying" to be sarcastic.

I do watch some UGA football but I do not even follow my Deacons.

I do reconize the names of some UGA players but very few other college players.

ie I knew who Tim Tebow and Cam Newton were but not much beyond that.

That why I never advocate a particular player--- just lobby for one position over another.

Oh I was "trying" to be sarcastic.

I do watch some UGA football but I do not even follow my Deacons.

I do reconize the names of some UGA players but very few other college players.

ie I knew who Tim Tebow and Cam Newton were but not much beyond that.

That why I never advocate a particular player--- just lobby for one position over another.

I would usually buy a magazine or two and do a lot of reading, but without that first rounder, it's hard to find the interest in trying to break down how things are gonna play out. I'll watch for sure, especially after Thomas Dimitroff has shown that no other pick is safe.