Falcons On Hbo's Hard Knocks.....good Idea Or Bad?

Falcons on Hard Knocks...Good idea or Bad?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Falcons on Hard Knocks: Good idea or Bad?

• Good idea, the team could use the exposure and it would be great to watch!
    • Bad idea, this team does not need any distractions with all they need to accomplish

With the news that the Falcons have been offered a spot on HBO's hard knocks comes several posts with many varying views.

Some think this is a great idea for exposure, selling tickets, adding to the fanbase, maybe even showcasing the organization to future free agents.

Others think it is a curse and a huge distraction while the team needs to focus on implementing a new offense and defense.

What say you?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote bad.

Plus I just canceled HBO to save cash.. I'd have no choice but to watch if the Falcons were on it.

I'm short on time and funds so I sure hope we decline

Clown, I can see how it would be bad for you as it would pretty much force you to pay for HBO but do you think it's bad for the team overall?

It's an unnecessary distraction.

Right now the boys got new systems to learn instead of hamming it up for the cameras.

I could see how the exposure could help the team with publicity, but I can't recall a team ever featured on Hard Knocks making the playoffs THAT season.

(I may be wrong on that)

It's an unnecessary distraction.

Right now the boys got new systems to learn instead of hamming it up for the cameras.

I could see how the exposure could help the team with publicity, but I can't recall a team ever featured on Hard Knocks making the playoffs THAT season.

(I may be wrong on that)

I think the Bengals did, but I also may be wrong on that.

I will answer this by saying to you all..........would Billichek allow it? NO HE WOULDN'T. nuff said

a football life....?

I mean, that was as personal as they come. The timings are diff to hard knocks of course.

And actually, who gives a $hit what ol' Bill would do, he would also tape other teams to cheat.

i think it is great for the team and the fans.

as for the distraction....I dont think some camera guys walking around the sidelines and locker room is going to be as big a deal as you all think. I am sure at first the players will take notice, but once they get focused and used to them being there it will be business as usual.

I am glad the rumor is out that they are doing it, and i hope it is true.

I think the show would be awesome. I would love to get a different view of the coaching, and the players learning new systems as well as players fighting for their starting spots. I think it would do nothing but motivate our players, as they would take it as "the world is watching, we"re the team to beat" attitude.

It's an unnecessary distraction. Right now the boys got new systems to learn instead of hamming it up for the cameras. I could see how the exposure could help the team with publicity, but I can't recall a team ever featured on Hard Knocks making the playoffs THAT season. (I may be wrong on that)

So you believe if a team is on hardknocks, there is a 100% chance that team wont make the playoffs????Last time i checked, games are won by how good your team is, not by counting how many surrounding cameras there are...Cameras are not a distraction. Heck, they play infront of many cameras every sunday during the season soooooo where is the distraction???

I like it. It gives me more exposure to how the Falcons operates. I would like to see the QB meetings, practice, seeing the new draftees in action for the first time and best of all, coaches yelling at players. I know being at the Branch would be the same thing but you can't see them in the offices, film room, or training room which I'm interested in.