Quick Mock Based On Players Scouted

2nd round) Brandon Thompson, NT, Clemson

3rd round) Trumaine Johnson, DB, Montana

5th round) Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

6th round) Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati

7th round) EJ Nduka, DE/OLB, Sam Houston State

7th comp) Armond Armstead, DT/DE, USC

I personally don't like Trumaine Johnson, but I could see this draft happening for us. Thompson in the 2nd is a no brainer, and we could go with a TE in the 3rd like Michael Egnew but I think Nolan may like Johnson as a nickel back or third safety in quarter sets. If Broyles is there in the 5th we've shown interest, he could be a dynamic slot WR that Harry Douglas never became. Robinson is a developmental TE prospect, Nduka is a developmental DE who can play 3-4 OLB in those sets. Armond has a ton of talent but was hurt this past season, has tremendous size, strength, and athleticism. Could surprise at DT in 4-3 sets and would be nice as a 3-4 DE at 6'5 295 lbs.

I'd personally love to get Mychal Kendricks with our 2nd and a NT with our 3rd like Chapman or Ta'amu. Dk if that will happen though.

Why use a pick on TE when we can always find a good used one for cheap.

I dont think Trumaine Johnson makes our board.

Wr is the about the only position we are set at.

Ignoring the OL, U must be TD's brother

I would rather sign Marcus McNeill for cheap and go with a draft similar

to this. Trumaine Johnson is tall and we need to think about taller db's

going forward as a lot of receivers are taller these days.

If we are counting on Baker to emerge into a player he has never been

before that is wishful thinking. It has to be addressed! I am with you on that.

Not bad.... trumaine Johnson will probably be a FS in the league he is tall but he looks too slow for the CB position at this level. Id rather have the big samoan Al'emeda from washington....Thompson doesnt really impress me

I agree, if we do go DT at 55, we need the huge space eater NT for Nolans 3-4 looks ......

we really should get a young TE within the first 2 rounds of the draft instead of picking up a free agent TE or getting one in the late rounds that will probably never play anyway, I think we should go Dewayne Allen in the second and Trumaine Johnson in the third.

Johnson wnt be there in the 3rd and why would we take a cb that high after bringing grimesxback and franks still showing promise? We should take a TE to help with future depth...

Taking a DB would be a waste IMO...

I'm going off of who we're scouting and we've checked out a lot of DBs. Fairly certainy we'll be taking one early.

We do add a TE in the draft, one that we've worked out.

As for OL comments, we seem set on giving Baker a chance in his contract year to earn the job. No LT will be available for us to draft anyway. Listen to TD's comments on Baker and the line and look at who we've looked at. Only Stephenson is a LT prospect and I don't think he's very good as a 3rd round pick.

Johnson wnt be there in the 3rd and why would we take a cb that high after bringing grimesxback and franks still showing promise? We should take a TE to help with future depth...

Grimes aint signed nothing yet so it would make sense. Franks may be showing promise but the verdict is still out on Walls and Owens. Plus, Grimes or Dunta will possibly be gone after this season depending on who flourishes in the new scheme, so it makes plenty of sense.

Why use a pick on TE when we can always find a good used one for cheap.

I dont think Trumaine Johnson makes our board.

Wr is the about the only position we are set at.

Ignoring the OL, U must be TD's brother

We are not set at WR, we only have 3 good WRs and an aging TE. We need TE depth and a solid 4 and decent 5WR.

Will Trumaine Johnson be available in the third? I think he maybe gone by then. We only have three safeties on the roster. We have a guy named Tuimaunei, Suaesi but I don't know anything about him. I really see Dominique Franks as the only hybrid DB we have. If our base defense is really going to be the Big Nickel we're gonna have to have some Trumaine Johnson type players.

We are not set at WR, we only have 3 good WRs and an aging TE. We need TE depth and a solid 4 and decent 5WR.

We have two elite Wr's and one good WR...WR is not a position of need. We also have currently in stock a couple of Wr's we have no clue about. Ryan doesn't have time to check down to our 4th or 5th WR anway. We need Oline help, not another playmaker @ the WR position. If you have noticed we don't run the run and gun, nor the spread offense.

TE yes, but not WR.. I hate to break the news to you we are not going draft all Defense...What the heck do you think Nolan is for???

Edited by citsalp

franks probably wont be anything more than a nickelback, and we only have grimes for 1 year. dunta has an injury history and isnt young. this draft is fairly deep at CB...I couldnt disagree with you more...with it being a good draft for CB's we would be nuts not to get a CB. What youre basically driving at is lets wait until next year and hope we pick a rookie that jumps into a starting spot with no problem at all. that's a plan for disaster IMO.

that said we do have a lot of needs and thanks to the JJ trade we cant fill them all. LT, RG, TE, CB, DT, and DE are all spots of legitimate concern and we can only somewhat reliably address 2 of those spots in the draft. Honestly what I'm hoping for is we go for BPA for whatever is out there for those 5 positions. My hope is we take OL and CB with our first two picks, I think you can find a good TE prospect in the later rounds, and perhaps a project type pass-rusher and/or a DT hog to eat up the middle as well that can at least be situational players.