Jalen Rose Pwns Blowhard Skip Bayless

JayOzOne

Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless on air for his trumped up high school history (VIDEO)

By Kelly Dwyer | Ball Don't Lie

It's been well-established that ESPN's Skip Bayless is a workout fiend. He spends endless hours on the treadmill, and looks to be in fantastic shape for his age. It's also been well-established that Bayless is a fame-hungry sellout that will say anything on air (and formerly, before he realized it wasn't making him famous enough, in print) just to draw a reaction, and more eyes, and more ratings. Recently, Bayless criticized Oklahoma City point guard Russell Westbrook without the slightest bit of basketball smarts, or hint of nuance, much less research. OKC All-Star Kevin Durant rightfully took his obsessive brand of ignorance to task, and Bayless responded by pumping up his own credits as a high school point guard who finally learned that PGs should think "pass" 12 times before they fire away, on Twitter.

Bayless' ESPN co-host Jalen Rose, after a bit of research of his own, took on Skip after Bayless claimed that he started as a shot-happy point guard for a high school team that made the state finals in Oklahoma. Bayless didn't start for his high school squad, it turns out, and didn't even play for the varsity until his senior season, when he averaged 1.4 points per game. Here's the video of Rose calling a clearly uncomfortable Bayless out:

It's been well-established that ESPN's Skip Bayless is a workout fiend. He spends endless hours on the treadmill, and looks to be in fantastic shape for his age. It's also been well-established that Bayless is a fame-hungry sellout that will say anything on air (and formerly, before he realized it wasn't making him famous enough, in print) just to draw a reaction, and more eyes, and more ratings. Recently, Bayless criticized Oklahoma City point guard Russell Westbrook without the slightest bit of basketball smarts, or hint of nuance, much less research. OKC All-Star Kevin Durant rightfully took his obsessive brand of ignorance to task, and Bayless responded by pumping up his own credits as a high school point guard who finally learned that PGs should think "pass" 12 times before they fire away, on Twitter.

Bayless' ESPN co-host Jalen Rose, after a bit of research of his own, took on Skip after Bayless claimed that he started as a shot-happy point guard for a high school team that made the state finals in Oklahoma. Bayless didn't start for his high school squad, it turns out, and didn't even play for the varsity until his senior season, when he averaged 1.4 points per game. Here's the video of Rose calling a clearly uncomfortable Bayless out:

As much as Skip can drive me insane, I really don't think Jalen should have gone into Skip's HS basketball days in an effort to embarrass him. It was a dumbazzed move on Rose's part and it could very well come back to bite him one day. I think it showed a complete lack of class for Rose to do what he did eventhough I readily agree that Skip Bayless has said some of the dumbest BS I've ever heard in my life on national TV.

Rose is going to regret this move I think unless he's planning on leaving the network in the near future. It almost seems like something Rose would do ONLY IF he had previously decided to leave ESPN and go to another network and he was just playing out the last few days of his current contract with ESPN.

I have no problem with Rose blasting him out of the water. It's one thing to have a layman's opinion but something altogether different to purport oneself to be a knowledgable expert. Bayless is a fraud and a blowhard and for him to be proven so does the viewing public a service.

As much as Skip can drive me insane, I really don't think Jalen should have gone into Skip's HS basketball days in an effort to embarrass him. It was a dumbazzed move on Rose's part and it could very well come back to bite him one day. I think it showed a complete lack of class for Rose to do what he did eventhough I readily agree that Skip Bayless has said some of the dumbest BS I've ever heard in my life on national TV.

Rose is going to regret this move I think unless he's planning on leaving the network in the near future. It almost seems like something Rose would do ONLY IF he had previously decided to leave ESPN and go to another network and he was just playing out the last few days of his current contract with ESPN.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Reporters are supposed to determine what's credible and what's not. Reporters are not immune to criticism.

Skip Bayless was the one that lied about his past high school basketball career.

Jalen Rose actually did some investigative journalism and called him out on his BS.

Jalen Rose is being praised by everyone, everywhere right now for calling out someone that every person on the face of the Earth hates, I think he'll be okay.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Reporters are supposed to determine what's credible and what's not. Reporters are not immune to criticism.

No, I'm not saying that they should be immune from criticism AT ALL. I just thought the way Rose ambushed him yesterday was really a low-life way to do things. And after watching the debate that carried over to today I still think Jalen handled it the wrong way, but he was exactly correct in the point he was trying to make, IMO. Bayless seems to think it's okay to throw away basic manners and civility when talking about pro players simply because they are well paid to play games for a living. I disagree with that premise and I've long thought that Skip took things way too far when addressing the performance of various players. IMO, Rose was trying to show Skip what it felt like when people used those types of tactics on the reporters themselves and it was obvious that Bayless was upset by it. I thought it was going too far when it happened on Tuesday but after the debate today I better grasp what Rose was trying to do and I fully agree with him that there are far too many reporters today who have no qualms about behaving like trash when doing their job.

I was happy to see Rose explain himself today. It seems like too many reporters have stopped reporting about players and the games and instead they now view themselves as being an important part of the stories they are reporting.

Skip Bayless was the one that lied about his past high school basketball career.

Jalen Rose actually did some investigative journalism and called him out on his BS.

Jalen Rose is being praised by everyone, everywhere right now for calling out someone that every person on the face of the Earth hates, I think he'll be okay.

I don't think you have it 100% correct. It seems that Rose got his info, from a site that only gave 1/2 of the story and Skip wanted the entire story to come out if part of it was going to. I don't think Jalen did too much investigating up front myself, but after watching today's debate I better understand (and agree with) the point Rose was trying to make yesterday.

I read He11-Bent back in the day and didn't appreciate how Skip tried to paint my dude Aikman as a homosexual. I'm sure PP remembers all that.

But the way Skip trolls Lebron redeems everything else he does. Skip's been on-point bout Lebron all along.

mj-meme-generator-hey-lebron-u-mad-6f3909.jpg

I remember that.And as calm and gentlemanly a person Aikman appears to be, to this day he hints he will probably assault Skippy if they're ever in the same room.

I would pay to see that.

Troy Aikman has a long memory, at least when it comes to Skip Bayless.

Bayless (right), a former Dallas sports columnist, wrote a book about the

Dallas Cowboys that was published in 1996, when Aikman was the team's star quarterback. In the book, Bayless famously speculated -- without providing a shred of evidence -- that Aikman might be gay.

This week, Aikman was asked about the episode on BaD Radio, the afternoon talk show on The Ticket (1310 AM).

After saying -- rather gratuitously -- "I'm not so sure Skip's not gay," Aikman made it clear that he still bears a grudge.

"When a guy like that comes out and, whether it's intimated or stated, and there's no substance to that claim, and he's doing it purely to gain interest in a book, that's a problem.," he said.

Aikman then added:

"I will tell you this. I've not seen -- I've not physically seen Skip Bayless since that time. That was in '95. And I still kind of wonder what I might do to him when I do see him."