Dawg Fans Watch College Football Live Today..

SacFalcFan

Hey Sac did you see the Richt interview? For the 2nd straight season the Dawgs get the break and benefit of not having to play Bama, LSU and Arkansas for the 2nd straight year but Richt said that Georgia got the short draw having to play against Missouri on the road for their 1st SEC game. I just had to kind of smirk at that. I think he would be thrilled with not having to play Bama, LSU and Arkansas for the 2nd year in a row without crying about having to play Missouri in their first SEC game.

Hey Sac did you see the Richt interview? For the 2nd straight season the Dawgs get the break and benefit of not having to play Bama, LSU and Arkansas for the 2nd straight year but Richt said that Georgia got the short draw having to play against Missouri on the road for their 1st SEC game. I just had to kind of smirk at that. I think he would be thrilled with not having to play Bama, LSU and Arkansas for the 2nd year in a row without crying about having to play Missouri in their first SEC game.

He wasn't exactly crying...I think his intention was to say that Missouri will probably do better in the SEC than a lot of people are expecting and that it shouldn't be viewed as an easy game for UGA.

you must have an auburn filter on your tv.. i saw the interview and cmr wasn't crying at all (weird you would even use that term here). he was making a point we don't playing at missour in their first sec game is no easy game and he is right. also after the david pollack interview they brought up uga's schedule is not easy at all. not playing the big 3 from the sec west is a benefit for sure, but to assume the the vols, vandy, florida, missouri, auburn are all easy games shows a lack of knowledge of the sec.

you must have an auburn filter on your tv.. i saw the interview and cmr wasn't crying at all (weird you would even use that term here). he was making a point we don't playing at missour in their first sec game is no easy game and he is right. also after the david pollack interview they brought up uga's schedule is not easy at all. not playing the big 3 from the sec west is a benefit for sure, but to assume the the vols, vandy, florida, missouri, auburn are all easy games shows a lack of knowledge of the sec.

Georgia's in-conference schedule will not be easy but it is the easiest in the SEC IMO.

UGA has had its stretch of extremely tough schedules, now we are cycling into one that just happens to be not as daunting as ones in the past. I have 0 problem Florida'ing it back to the SEC title game tongue.png

Actually the new teams joining the SEC changed Georgia's schedule -- a road game against Alabama was on Georgia's schedule for 2012.

You are correct, sir. It would have been a fun game to watch.

Absolutely. I believe the last one in Bryant-Denny was when I was a student in 2002. Georgia won on a late game Billy Bennett field goal. Remember it was hot, hot, hot that day in the stands. Alabama had a post-season ban (following the Dubose infractions) or the teams would have met again in Atlanta for a rematch.

Absolutely. I believe the last one in Bryant-Denny was when I was a student in 2002. Georgia won on a late game Billy Bennett field goal. Remember it was hot, hot, hot that day in the stands. Alabama had a post-season ban (following the Dubose infractions) or the teams would have met again in Atlanta for a rematch.

There was also the game in 05 I believe when Stafford heaved the TD to win it in OT

Georgia's in-conference schedule will not be easy but it is the easiest in the SEC IMO.

yep it's not easy at all which really is the point and being the easiest schedule in the sec i don't know since i haven't really checked the other teams schedules. also the reality is arky, lsu, and bama are also avoiding what could be the best team in the sec east as well on their schedule which is already full of tough teams. UGA has had plenty of tough schedules year in and year out and until recently we aren't killing ourselves with tough out of conference games.

There was also the game in 05 I believe when Stafford heaved the TD to win it in OT

that was the one game i missed because i was up in canada (couldn't find one freaking sports bar that would show college games in 2007, but i was at the 2003 game where we won 37 to 23 in athens. if i remember right that was a pretty hot game. i have on dvd both of those games as I do the 2007 and 2008 games. I just love rewatching old games seeing david pollack and david greene and billy bennett.

that was the one game i missed because i was up in canada (couldn't find one freaking sports bar that would show college games in 2007, but i was at the 2003 game where we won 37 to 23 in athens. if i remember right that was a pretty hot game. i have on dvd both of those games as I do the 2007 and 2008 games. I just love rewatching old games seeing david pollack and david greene and billy bennett.

I'll bet that 2008 game doesn't get watched as often as the others. smile.png

i watch it especially that 2nd half (lol) and i am sure you would only enjoy 1 of those 4 games.. smile.png

You are correct, although I did enjoy watching that 2002 game. It was a fantastic game with two really good teams (Alabama had a 10 win season that year and was not eligible for a bowl). I remember Charlie Peprah (now with the Packers) taking a pass away from somebody in that game and running it back for a TD.

You are correct, although I did enjoy watching that 2002 game. It was a fantastic game with two really good teams (Alabama had a 10 win season that year and was not eligible for a bowl). I remember Charlie Peprah (now with the Packers) taking a pass away from somebody in that game and running it back for a TD.

yeah that game was a fun one to watch.. it was a slobberknocker. it was soo physical and that was the game where pat dye said before it that UGA wasn't man enough to beat bama at bama. i will never forget that week leading up to that game..

yeah that game was a fun one to watch.. it was a slobberknocker. it was soo physical and that was the game where pat dye said before it that UGA wasn't man enough to beat bama at bama. i will never forget that week leading up to that game..

I remember that too. I was sick when I heard him say it -- ol' Georgia guy giving the Dawgs some motivation. And it worked. I loved our offense under Franchione -- good balance of pass, run, and a really effective option game.

Again never said Georgia had an easy schedule. There is no such thing as an easy schedule when it comes to the SEC. It's just who doesn't have the hardest and my point was if I were Georgia I'd much rather have to go on the road to Missouri than LSU or Bama. The fact that he decided to point that out at the very end the way he did I thought was a bit unnecessary.

He wasn't exactly crying...I think his intention was to say that Missouri will probably do better in the SEC than a lot of people are expecting and that it shouldn't be viewed as an easy game for UGA.

Well anyone that thinks Missouri is going to just roll over just cause they're in the SEC now doesn't have a clue. I never said Missouri was an easy game but don't you think road game at Missouri is easier than a road game at LSU or Bama? I most certainly do.

The whole crying comment was just a little bit of a poke. C'mon man! Loosen up!

Well anyone that thinks Missouri is going to just roll over just cause they're in the SEC now doesn't have a clue. I never said Missouri was an easy game but don't you think road game at Missouri is easier than a road game at LSU or Bama? I most certainly do.

I understand now what you meant. Yeah, I would definitely agree that it is easier than a game at Bama or LSU. We absolutely have an easier schedule than in some previous years, but like you said, no SEC team ever has an "easy" schedule. I bet Richt was just trying to compliment Missouri's team, because most of the media coverage has downplayed their talent (in comparison to our other opponents). Also, it will be their first SEC game and will be at home so I think Richt knows they will be extra fired up/motivated.

Edited by KGDawg710

Again never said Georgia had an easy schedule. There is no such thing as an easy schedule when it comes to the SEC. It's just who doesn't have the hardest and my point was if I were Georgia I'd much rather have to go on the road to Missouri than LSU or Bama. The fact that he decided to point that out at the very end the way he did I thought was a bit unnecessary.

Yeah, you're right about all of this and I'm pretty sure the Gamecocks got the short end of the stick when it came time to redraw the schedules for the upcoming season. I think we ended up losing the home half of our two year series with Mississippi State and instead we get to go to Baton Rouge instead. That is just G-R-E-A-T I tell ya.