I Think The Falcons Will Go Dt/nt At #55

After watching the Falcons the past few years I've noticed how we lack that big anchor in the middle of the defensive line. This organization would be smart to draft a big wide body DT to play alongside Babs and or Peters to occupy the guard and center. Grady was good at that. Similar to what Haloti Ngata does for the Baltimore defense. Also, this would allow for Dent and Tatupu to be able to roam more freely, without having to deal with a guard getting to the LB level on every run down.

im a firm beleiver in wanting to see what Nolan can do. our defense was not terrible by any means. but our offensive line was. i think we have to go OL 2nd round.

We got no push or penetration from our DTs. This has been an issue for a while now. Something has to change. LT, however, does need to be addressed. If we do sign a LT in free agency, look for a DT. If we don't sign one this week or next, LT it will be at #55.

I've been contemplating what we should do with the pick as well. I think we go DE CB OR DT I really believe that a full off-season ran by better coaches will be just what we need on the oline and unless somebody falls there is no Way we pick an immediate starter at 55.

So far unless a guy like janoris Jenkins falls I think the best guy available will be DE vinny curry.

I'm not quite As familiar with their rest of the conerback class but I think a guy that can start at the nickel and return kicks would be an efficient pick at 55.

From the DT spot the best guy I've seen is Thompson from clemson. I know the guy from WA has BEEN discusses but i think Thompson will be the better pro.

The one other position I can see us using a pick on is FS. A guy like Harrison smith would be my pick.

Edited by atlGM

Guest Negatorris

The Coby Fleener brigade in 3...2...1, lol!!!!

Coby Fleener will never even reach 55 so those wanting him should just give it up.

After watching the Falcons the past few years I've noticed how we lack that big anchor in the middle of the defensive line. This organization would be smart to draft a big wide body DT to play alongside Babs and or Peters to occupy the guard and center. Grady was good at that. Similar to what Haloti Ngata does for the Baltimore defense. Also, this would allow for Dent and Tatupu to be able to roam more freely, without having to deal with a guard getting to the LB level on every run down.

DT can be had in the later rounds.

Edited by Skar

Our two main weaknesses are offensive line play and pass rush. We just have to figure out which one is the most pressing. I just don't know if we can get a starting LT at #55. I definitely know that we can get a plug and play DT that can rotate in from jump.

Apparently our offensive line isn't as bad as we thought or it would of been addressed in FA by now (LT). And we have enough DE's now.

We got no push or penetration from our DTs. This has been an issue for a while now. Something has to change. LT, however, does need to be addressed. If we do sign a LT in free agency, look for a DT. If we don't sign one this week or next, LT it will be at #55.

9315280.jpg