Suspensions Upheld

clownorg

Saints | Sean Payton suspension upheld

Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:14:19 -0700

The NFL has upheld the one-year suspension given to New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton for his involvement in the team's bounty program after hearing his appeal. His suspension will begin Monday, April 16.

Saints | Mickey Loomis, Joe Vitt have suspensions upheld

Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:18:09 -0700

The NFL has upheld the suspensions given to New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis and linebacker coach Joe Vitt for their involvement in the team's bounty program after hearing their appeal. Loomis will miss the first eight games of the season and Vitt will miss the first six games.

0 Comments | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora | Share: facebook.png

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1rZ41I800

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/goodell-upholds-suspensions-of-payton-loomis-vitt/

Well, acccording to PFT,

Goodell did, however, say he would consider lessening the financial penalties that the three men will face, “If they embrace the opportunity and participate in a constructive way.” In other words, if they speak out in favor of the culture change that Goodell has demanded, Goodell may not make them all forfeit all the salaries they would ordinarily miss out on during their suspensions.

Goodell also said he would re-consider the Saints’ forfeiture of their 2013 second-round draft pick.

The league says Goodell will revisit the status of Payton, Loomis and Vitt at the time that their suspensions end — signaling that the three men need to be positive participants in that culture change he wants if they want their suspensions to end on schedule.

So actually, the Ain'ts might get off a little easier. Sorry, but Benson isn't innocent here. Lame.

Wow. I honestly thought that he'd reverse himself and overturn the suspensions.

I'd have bet my Life he wouldn't overturn them. He'd NEVER admit to making a mistake... But I did think he would lighten the load a bit.

Glad to see he stuck to his guns.

Though I'm thrilled the Taint's are getting the shaft... I still think Goodell is a ****** commissioner

I have a feeling that Sean Payton will get in more trouble during his downtime. I see a drug arrest, a DUI, or something else coming out within the next year.

Your avatar makes me wish Quitrino would call him up for a Sunday afternoon ride on his hog to forget about their collective troubles.

schadenfreude [shahd'-n-froi-duh]

noun

Satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Origin:

1890–95; < German, equivalent to Schaden harm + Freude joy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Trust the Germans to come up with a word like the above. Describing my feelings towards the Taints and Bobby Quitrino’s latest misfortunes, schadenfreude fits. The Bucs are also having their problems; maybe notable misfortune will befall the Panthers. Karma seems to be exacting its payment from those who have crossed the Falcons; perhaps 2012 will finally be our year.