Mock Draft

bigjmw84

Trade our 2nd round pick (55) and 6th to STL for their 3rd(65) and 4th(96)

Trade Brent Grimes and 2013 3rd to NE for their late 1st round pick

1st:Stefon Gilmore CB

3rd: Alameda Ta'Amu NT

3rd:Chase Minifield CB

4th:Nate Potter OT

5th:Cordarro Law DE/OLB

7th:Tayvon Wade S

7th:Jarret Boykin WR

UDFA:

Jordan Bernstein S

Aaron White TE

Travis Benjamin WR

Deangelo Tyson DT/NT

I'm ok with the Grimes trade but kinda think the STL trade is unneccesary. We's do better to just stick with our original 2nd and 6th.

I figured if we could get a guy like Ta'amu after trading out of the 2nd while picking up an early 4th, it would be a solid option

If he cant agree on a contract, an early 2nd could be beneficial enough

While we're on the topic of what's beneficial; Grimes needs to agree on a 3-4yr contract for his own sake. If he goes down injured this year while playing on a tag he will lose tons of money in the long run when signing next year. I say he will work something out with TD before the season starts.

While we're on the topic of what's beneficial; Grimes needs to agree on a 3-4yr contract for his own sake. If he goes down injured this year while playing on a tag he will lose tons of money in the long run when signing next year. I say he will work something out with TD before the season starts.

Webb only got 10 mil guaranteed on a 50 mil contract. I don't think he'd lose that much money.

I agree 100% If he doesn't get a deal done this year, he wont get a deal more than 5mil per next year

Webb only got 10 mil guaranteed on a 50 mil contract. I don't think he'd lose that much money.

You think a (theoretically) back-to-back injured-season 30 year old CB would make as much as a 29 year old CB coming off a minor injury in a market where more corners could be available? I'm skeptical.

You think a (theoretically) back-to-back injured-season 30 year old CB would make as much as a 29 year old CB coming off a minor injury in a market where more corners could be available? I'm skeptical.

What I was saying is that Grimes is making a guaranteed 10 mil playing under the tag. Webb got a 5 year contract and is still only guaranteed 10 mil.

Edited by JulioisCoolio

I figured if we could get a guy like Ta'amu after trading out of the 2nd while picking up an early 4th, it would be a solid option

There may be other options at NT that could be more consistent than Ta'Amu such as chapman so I think the 2nd rd pick should remain, but overall this isn't bad.

There may be other options at NT that could be more consistent than Ta'Amu such as chapman so I think the 2nd rd pick should remain, but overall this isn't bad.

Chapmans coming off of an ACL tear that he decided to play on anyway thru most of the season. I love his toughness and ability but a 340 lb guy with a major knee issue makes me very uneasy. Take away his injury issue and im with ya.

Our main problem has been QB's being able to step in and out the pocket as they pleased without much resistance. While Ta'amu doesn't have alot of pass rushing moves, he can move sideline to sideline pretty good for his size, he just might be the strongest player in the draft. His bullrush will funnel qb's directly to the DE's

I stopped taking it seriously once you said trade Grimes for a 1st round pick..I mean, I think it could happen with NE, but trading Grimes for another CB, and then trading down doesn't really make sense. Just keep Grimes and use our current draft picks. Saves you a pro-bowler and opens up potential for some other (possibly) solid picks. It's not exciting, but I don't think trading Grimes would be beneficial.

Chapmans coming off of an ACL tear that he decided to play on anyway thru most of the season. I love his toughness and ability but a 340 lb guy with a major knee issue makes me very uneasy. Take away his injury issue and im with ya.

Our main problem has been QB's being able to step in and out the pocket as they pleased without much resistance. While Ta'amu doesn't have alot of pass rushing moves, he can move sideline to sideline pretty good for his size, he just might be the strongest player in the draft. His bullrush will funnel qb's directly to the DE's

Yea but you gotta love the toughness, I just dont know if TaAmu has that. I had him on my mock at first as well but there were a lot of moments where he disappeared and that was in a game vs a cupcake in wash st. But he could def be a fit for what Nolan is looking for. I hear that nicholas jean baptiste from Baylor can also be a great fit as well and he is much bigger (335-355) than Chapman(317) and can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4 schemes.

I stopped taking it seriously once you said trade Grimes for a 1st round pick..I mean, I think it could happen with NE, but trading Grimes for another CB, and then trading down doesn't really make sense. Just keep Grimes and use our current draft picks. Saves you a pro-bowler and opens up potential for some other (possibly) solid picks. It's not exciting, but I don't think trading Grimes would be beneficial.

I get what you are saying; however, I think the original poster was assuming we could save some CAP space by using our current corners and drafting another potential stud corner in Gilmore. It makes some sense since Grimes $10 million would be off our books and we could then be more aggressive in the next round of free agency.

I get what you are saying; however, I think the original poster was assuming we could save some CAP space by using our current corners and drafting another potential stud corner in Gilmore. It makes some sense since Grimes $10 million would be off our books and we could then be more aggressive in the next round of free agency.

Or we could just work out a 3/yr deal with Grimes and get rid of that cap hit from the franchise tag.

Or we could just work out a 3/yr deal with Grimes and get rid of that cap hit from the franchise tag.

True enough...but I doubt Grimes signs anything other than a 5-year deal. I'm more than happy to have Grimes back for the next few years at 6-7 million per year. Grimes is such a feel good story that it's hard not to root for him. Not many people take his path and become pro bowl players.

A Lot of people seem to think we should go after a nickel cb, i somewhat agree. But instead of drafting a guy who played on the outside in college (which has proven to be a failure) why dont we draft a guy who played nickel in college? Like Mike Harris from florida state

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqQASDlA6YY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/OqQASDlA6YY