Who Would You Have Drafted If We Didnt Take Julio?

MrJay

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a better question might be:

"If TD hadn't blown his load on SackMaker, Jelly and Julio, who would you have drafted with three firsts, three seconds and two fourths?"

The possibilities are endless. Olinemen, Dlinemen, Safeties, Corners, Tight Ends, LBs, QBs, you name it.

Eight different good, cheap, young players that could have contributed waaaaay more than Sack, Jelly and Julio.

A better question might be:

"If TD hadn't blown his load trying to move up for Julio and SackMaker, who would you have drafted with two firsts, three seconds and two fourths?"

The possibilities are endless. Olinemen, Dlinemen, Safeties, Corners, Tight Ends, you name it.

Way to contribute, sir.

I would have gladly taken the best LT available. And Sam Baker looked like a good pickup, he just turned out to be an atrocious failure.

"If TD hadn't blown his load on SackMaker, Jelly and Julio, who would you have drafted with three firsts, three seconds and two fourths?"

The possibilities are endless. Olinemen, Dlinemen, Safeties, Corners, Tight Ends, LBs, QBs, you name it.

Good, cheap, young players that could have contributed waaaaay more.

The hindsight master strikes again.

Good, cheap, young players that could have contributed waaaaay more.

Short version: "I have no clue."

Jimmy Smith was the only one that appealed to me that late in the draft and he had serious character issues. That draft like this years draft had a serious drop off in talent after the first 15.

Pretty much everyone worth it was gone. We'd have to have moved up either way. Castonzo was one I liked too.

Eight different good, cheap, young players that could have contributed waaaaay more than Sack, Jelly and Julio.

It's easier to say that looking back.

I was hoping Pauncey(?) would slip and was pizzed when we traded up. After I got over TD ruining my draft party and started to realize that we just got jones and realized that we didn't give up 2 #1s we swapped 1 and traded another. It doesn't matter, cuz the 5 best DE or 3rd best G would have been depth or a marginal starter at best. Instead we have along with Megatron, one of the best WRs in the NFL in the next 10 years. He and Ryan will make everyone forget who we would have taken in those slots.

i would have loved aldon, jj watt, or quinn. Any of those dudes have turned into studs. But i also agree its easy to say that now. But we could have saved all our picks and held out another year having a good pass rusher and then drafting a good wr. But ill take Julio lol

Good topic question a year removed. Great response 70. mellow.png I don't think any of the players available at our original slot where going to be safe bets for immediate contribution. That said i think the best alternative would have been to perhaps give up less to move up less in the draft and go for a defensive player or a good O lineman. Even then i dont think there where any other better rookies beyond Julio behind the 6th pick last year. I like Kerrigan, but he was probably not on the radar as we where not yet thinking 3-4.

Looking at all players in the first round behind julio i dont think there was anyone even close. Maybe a better option would have been to trade back for two second rounders.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

It's easier to say that looking back.

I don't know jack about NCAA boys outside of Georgia. But even after a one week internet search I had Patrick Willis, Clay Matthews, Jimmy Smith, Derek Sherrod, Sean Weatherspoon, DeMarco Murray, Torrey Smith, Karlos Dansby, Joe Flacco and many more based on our draft position. On a two week pre-draft internet review. Pay me or fire somebody.

I don't know jack about NCAA boys outside of Georgia. But even after a one week internet search I had Patrick Willis, Clay Matthews, Jimmy Smith, Derek Sherrod, Sean Weatherspoon, DeMarco Murray, Torrey Smith, Karlos Dansby, Joe Flacco and many more based on our draft position. On a two week pre-draft internet review. Pay me or fire somebody.

Not knocking on you I am just saying it is easier to say who the crappy picks were looking back but at the time the picks filled a need and seemed like they could have helped.