Seth Mcfarlane's 'ted'

Heisenberg

I think family guy and american dad are absolutely, positively hilarious.... and so i'm surprised to find that this bit from McFarlane's first movie disappoints me... I just didnt find it funny. Seemed a bit too deviantly (dunno if thats a word) cliche. Maybe those parts just weren't my thing, and the rest of the movie will be good though, who knows...

I must have rewinded it 10 times and laughed my *** off after he reels off all the names on the couch.

There was Brenda, LaTisha, Linda, Felicia (okay)

Dawn, LeShaun, Ines, and Alicia (ooh)

Teresa, Monica, Sharron, Nicki (uh-huh)

Lisa, Veronica, Karen, Vicky (****)

Cookies, well I met her in a ice cream parlor (aight?)

Tonya, Diane, Lori and Carla (okay)

Marina (uhh) Selena (uhh) Katrina (uhh) Sabrina (uhh)

About three Kim's (WHAT?) LaToya, and Tina (WHOO!)

Shelley, Bridget, Cavi, Rasheeda (uh-huh)

Kelly, Nicole, Angel, Juanita (****!)

Stacy, Tracie, Rohna, and Ronda (WHAT?)

Donna, Ulanda (WHAT?) Tawana, and Wanda (WHAT?)

were all treated fairly but yet and still

****** is on some other **** now that I'm ****in wit Dru Hill

But I'ma keep it real (WHAT?)

What the **** you want from a nigga? (c'mon)

What the **** you want from a nigga? (c'mon)

• 3 months later...

Finally saw Ted yesterday, was not disappointed. Great writing, great gags and even flow of humor throughout the movie. Yes, it unfortunately follows the same cliched plot that every piece of fiction in the history of western civilization has explored - two people like each other at first (maybe they're friends, maybe they're lovers); something happens and two people suddenly don't like each other anymore; deus ex machina; two people like each other again; happy ending.

Regardless, I hope Seth Macfarlane continues to make movies. Ted's interview scene in the grocery store rivaled the interview scene in Step Brothers.

Finally saw Ted yesterday, was not disappointed. Great writing, great gags and even flow of humor throughout the movie. Yes, it unfortunately follows the same cliched plot that every piece of fiction in the history of western civilization has explored - two people like each other at first (maybe they're friends, maybe they're lovers); something happens and two people suddenly don't like each other anymore; deus ex machina; two people like each other again; happy ending.

Regardless, I hope Seth Macfarlane continues to make movies. Ted's interview scene in the grocery store rivaled the interview scene in Step Brothers.

I admit I just about $hit myself during the interview scene.

Saw it Saturday. Kind of annoying how, aside from like 2 scenes, all the funny parts were in the trailers. I really wish Hollywood would stop giving so much away in the trailers.

Trailers really do ruin comedies. The white-trash name scene wasn't nearly as funny after I had seen it on the previews. But there were still several good scenes not in the trailer. The entire flash gordon party scene was great.