Falcon Draft Blunders- We Took Steve Broussard Instead Of Rodney Hampton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broussard wasn't a bad back in the Run and Shoot ... he got in Glanville's doghouse and that was all she wrote.

The RB we drafted with the pick we got for Favre was far worse. It's bad enough we traded Favre, but to use the pick on a dud just hurts ever so much more.

Jammi German over Hines Ward was another SMDH moment.

Edited by Geneaut

Broussard wasn't a bad back in the Run and Shoot ... he got in Glanville's doghouse and that was all she wrote.

The RB we drafted with the pick we got for Favre was far worse. It's bad enough we traded Favre, but to use the pick on a dud just hurts ever so much more.

Jammi German over Hines Ward was another SMDH moment.

Rodney Hampton could have run in any offense. Superior to Broussard in every way. They ended up moving Broussard to slot receiver. What a waste. Tony Smith was the back taken in 1992 with the Favre pick. Hideous to say the least. Jammi German!!! Excuse me while I go puke, lol!!!!

Rodney Hampton could have run in any offense. Superior to Broussard in every way. They ended up moving Broussard to slot receiver. What a waste. Tony Smith was the back taken in 1992 with the Favre pick. Hideous to say the least. Jammi German!!! Excuse me while I go puke, lol!!!!

Oh I agree Hampton was a better back, but I think Broussard was mis-used a bit by Glanville. Jerry got pissed at him in pre-season for running out of bounds instead of trying to run over people ( like Rozier and Tracy Johnson the 2 RBs he brought over from the Oilers did ) and that wasn't Steve's game.

I still remember one game where Broussard went off on the Redskins for 150 + yards. Of course we lost when Hebert tossed 4 INTs LOL. Oddly enough I think that was the season when they had tried to move him to WR. I think Pegram got hurt that game and they stuck Broussard in.

He ran a mean draw out of some of those 4 WR sets ... he was decently quick, and caught passes fairly well. He'd be the prototypical change of pace back today.

Edited by Geneaut

Insert your favorite Nebraska defensive back here___________.

Will it be Bruce Pickins or Michael Booker?

The Michael Booker pick was the one I couldn't understand. The next 2 picks were Warrick Dunn and Tony Gonzalez. Other players picked in the 1st round after Booker were Kenny Holmes (solid DE for the Giants) Tarik Glenn (long-time stud OT for the Colts) Dwayne Rudd (long-time solid starter at LB for the Vikings) Chad Scott (long-time solid CB for the Steelers) and Trevor Pryce (long-time solid DT for the Broncos).

The Michael Booker pick was the one I couldn't understand. The next 2 picks were Warrick Dunn and Tony Gonzalez. Other players picked in the 1st round after Booker were Kenny Holmes (solid DE for the Giants) Tarik Glenn (long-time stud OT for the Colts) Dwayne Rudd (long-time solid starter at LB for the Vikings) Chad Scott (long-time solid CB for the Steelers) and Trevor Pryce (long-time solid DT for the Broncos).

Was Booker the guy who sucked for a few years, and then finally put together a few good games, and then got his leg shattered by a QB after he nabbed what looked to be a Pick 6 ?

That replay haunted me for quite a while ... only Theisman's leg has looked worse to me on a replay.

Edited by Geneaut