Not Liking Our Safety Depth

Yeah, he is huge. I don't know how good he is in coverage. We got to deal with Jimmy Graham twice a year!!

Yeah, he is huge. I don't know how good he is in coverage. We got to deal with Jimmy Graham twice a year!!

Only thing not to like he is not real fluid, but I bet hes gonna turn out to be alot better than DeCoud ........guy produces big plays and is a real ballhawk what they say .....safety class dam thin though ....

Yeah we're def gonna have to add some capable bodies back there, especially if we are going to play the "big nickel"... can you imagine Shann Shillinger playing any kind of extended role in the defense... don't think the dude (or the Falcon world) is quite ready for that. We also have the kid out of Oregon State Suaesi Tuimaunei who I'm pretty excited about.

George Iloka is good. He'd be a nice fit for Nolan's big nickel. 6'4", 4.6, showed great fluidity in the other drills for his size. Got the size and instincts to shutdown them big athletic tight ends who are starting to be used in the slot and which are becoming all the rage in today's NFL.

It doesn't look to be a real strong FS class this year, so chances are one of the top 3 should be available at 55

http://realsportshyp...-prospects.html

seen the top three all at 1,2, or 3 depending on the site you check out. IMO if we're thinking on playing 3 safeties a good chunk of the time, it would be a pretty darn good idea to pick up one at 55 that can play.

Though I can definitely see Iloka getting taken first because he's a physical freak of nature... :)

Edited by SwampyMux12

Dimitroff has shown that finding DB help late in the summer is not an issue. Foxworth, Tye Hill, Brian Williams, Sanders, Hayden etc.

Can we even consider Tye Hill as "help". I remember going back and forth with somebody on this board in 2006 over whether we should draft Antonio Cromartie or Tye Hill. Whoever it was kept saying that Cromartie only started 2 games while at FSU and Tye Hill was like a 3 year starter. So much for that. I think we ended up with Jimmy Williams that year. Boy can we pick em, lol!!

Could safety be our first pick at #55? Is any safety worthy of that pick? I'm uneasy with Shann Schillinger being our only safety behind Decoud and Moore. Heck, we might need to find 2 safeties between now and training camp.

If Trumaine Johnson (CB-Montana) fell to Falcons 3rd round pick, he would be a great free safety - he has the size (6'2", 204lbs) and the coverage/blitz ability you look for in a saftey. He ran a 4.55-4.60/40 so he is a tad slow to play Corner in the NFL.

Yeah we're def gonna have to add some capable bodies back there, especially if we are going to play the "big nickel"... can you imagine Shann Shillinger playing any kind of extended role in the defense... don't think the dude (or the Falcon world) is quite ready for that. We also have the kid out of Oregon State Suaesi Tuimaunei who I'm pretty excited about.

great workout numbers but can't catch

All short-term solutions at best. We need to start building long term depth and stop relying on "stop gap" solutions.

Short term because the team got outbid on Foxworth, Williams got hurt, while Sanders and Hayden took other jobs. Only Hill was a mistake. Too bad TD can't hit that high a percentage on his DB picks in the draft.