E.j. Nduka

neko

The Falcons are showing a range of interest (rd1-udfa) in specific DE/OLB prospects who all share a few things in common:

1. excellent/elite pass rushing talent

2. excellent/elite speed & explosion test numbers

3. the hips, agility and ability to drop back in coverage

4. DEs in college that were lined up in various ways to attack the QB

Ingam, McClellin, Law & Nduka, so far...

*listed at 6'4", 240lbs for senior year. certainly has gained weight since then.

Nduka is a complete enigma to me at the moment. In his highlight video he shows tremendous explosion & agility. He played for a small school that played for the national championship two years in a row (won once). His playing time has diminished over the past 3 seasons. Did not start in 2012 but had starts in 2010 & 2011, raising significant questions and concerns about why. According to a Bearkat fan they use a heavy rotation of LBs so it would explain some limited snaps. Nduka could be nothing, but TD looks under every stone and right now he seems to be looking for something in particular.

All I have found is this video:

-near 2:00 watch him stop and redirect to smoothly chase a RB running into the flat for a pass.

Nduka's Super Regional Combine results (edit: I would really like to know where this person found Nduka's official numbers.)

1st # = official record; 2nd # = best of combine 2012; 3rd # = Nduka; how he ranks with the combine players

Bench: 36, 36, 33 2nd overall

40: 4.40, 4.47, 4.57 3rd overall

Vert: 42.5, 39.5, 39 2nd overall

Broad: 11'1", 10'7", 10'1" T-7th overall

these stats were posted on the youtube page of the above video

6'4 252lbs

Vertical Jump: 42"

Broad Jump: 10' 1"

Shuttle 4.34

Obviously Shea or Ingram would be nice, but realistically we are probably targeting more of a project player that has the elite raw ability for Nolan to mold. Currently I am leaning towards Law ONLY because he had mad production and there are enough scouting notes to confirm he has attractive intangibles. For Nduka there is very little info to go on, and I hope there is a good answer as to why he played so little as a senior. Physically he could be the most gifted. He has good height and a long frame to line up as a legit 4-3 DE after some development.

anyhoo, something to chew on.

Looks like we are showing interest!

"After the drills, he was approached by several scouts including ones from the Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Pittsburg Steelers and Atlanta Falcons."

http://www.houstonianonline.com/sports/former-bearkat-football-player-hopeful-that-nfl-is-in-his-future-1.2718529#.T4FFY9Uv58E

• 3 weeks later...

@neko I found Nduka's official times through his twitter account and shared with katfans.com Although extremely talented, im not sure why his production fell off this past season. My guess would be the log jam we had at the LB position. Our base defense is 4-2-5 (SLC is a pass happy conference) and we had 4 outstanding LB's (David, Taylor, Fielo, and Nduka)

@neko I found Nduka's official times through his twitter account and shared with katfans.com Although extremely talented, im not sure why his production fell off this past season. My guess would be the log jam we had at the LB position. Our base defense is 4-2-5 (SLC is a pass happy conference) and we had 4 outstanding LB's (David, Taylor, Fielo, and Nduka)

thanks for the input. apparently we are switching to a 4-2-5 as well. he could be a great fit.

If the Falcons are truly going to a base 4-2-5 (nickel base) then I am truly unhappy that we did not trade up for Nigel Bradham, Travis Lewis, or Mychal Kendricks. We may have a ton of LBs, but we only have one impact guy for all 3 downs: Spoon.

Spoon and Kendricks could have been beasts together in a nickel defense, as both can cover, blitz, and stop the run with 4.4-4.5 speed (Kendricks is faster).

Bradham is more of a traditional strongside 'backer and I love him as a prospect. I think he'll be a beast for the Bills behind that defensive line and next to Kelvin Sheppard. Great 4-3 strongside LB at 6'2, 240 lb with 4.6 speed and just a mean, mean player. Like Brandon Spikes but on a whole different level of athleticism.

If the Falcons are truly going to a base 4-2-5 (nickel base) then I am truly unhappy that we did not trade up for Nigel Bradham, Travis Lewis, or Mychal Kendricks. We may have a ton of LBs, but we only have one impact guy for all 3 downs: Spoon.

Spoon and Kendricks could have been beasts together in a nickel defense, as both can cover, blitz, and stop the run with 4.4-4.5 speed (Kendricks is faster).

Bradham is more of a traditional strongside 'backer and I love him as a prospect. I think he'll be a beast for the Bills behind that defensive line and next to Kelvin Sheppard. Great 4-3 strongside LB at 6'2, 240 lb with 4.6 speed and just a mean, mean player. Like Brandon Spikes but on a whole different level of athleticism.

Stephen Nichols? He's one of the best cover linebackers in the league and is not too shabby in the run department.

Edited by head busta from augusta