How Is Sean Peyton Not Banned?

WeNeedaQB

I have criticized a lot of posters here for wanting the Saints penalized this way or that way for the Bounty ordeal... Then I heard the tape... Well part of it. I had to cut that garbage off!

What kinda place they runnin' down there? Gregg Williams should be sued by any player that was hit in the head or suffered an ACL injury. When I say this, I mean, whether there was a flag or not, whether there was a fine or not.

The problem is that he is not saying, "I want you to knock the stuffin' out of'em". He is giving specific instructions as to how to mame. Honestly? I can see how players would "pay up" as a reward for knocking a player out of a game, but I can't imagine any player stupid enough to implement specific techniques designed to injure. How stupid can they be? Talk about morons. They do realize that they are in the line of fire as well don't they?

If you are the head coach and you hear those instructions your response has to be very clear:

"This S*** Gone Stop!"

To have heard those tapes and have the nerve to appeal? Goodell should say, "listen, an appeal means we review the whole thing from both angles, meaning we will also consider extending it"!

What nerve.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

I think he got a fair punishment for allowing it to go on. He wasn't actually running the program, so banning is taking it too far.

Sean Payton is paying a steep price for being a panty waste and not being in control of his tool of a DC. He should have fired that mf'er when the **** kept on!

Payton encouraged it. His felon best friend Orstein and Payton emailed each other about putting $5K in the pot for taking Aaron Rodgers out in the 2011 Season opener. They knew about it, encouraged it. Williams has had this rep for years, and Payton was willing to take a $250K pay cut to get him on the team.

I have no doubt that Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Mickey Loomis and Tom Benson knew what was going on, and encouraged it. I also think that the punishments are not only not enough, but I feel like they are the least the NFL could do. The only reason there is any punishment is because Goodell's hand was forced by the unbelievable arrogance and stupidity of the organization. 5 years of protecting the behavior of this team, and I'm sure there is much more that we don't know about.

I initially thought the penalty was too harsh. Then all the Payton weasel act. Dude's the sniveling mad scientist villain character in a bad movie.

I don't want him banned. I want him to come back- even appeal the suspension- only to witness the decline of his team as they relocate to Anaheim after years of failure.

Sean Payton is paying a steep price for being a panty waste and not being in control of his tool of a DC. He should have fired that mf'er when the **** kept on!

Payton has a drug problem and Williams likely had some information on him which would further damage his reputation. A situation like this makes it difficult for a leader to hold his employees accountable. Probably treated GW with kid gloves.

Payton encouraged it. His felon best friend Orstein and Payton emailed each other about putting $5K in the pot for taking Aaron Rodgers out in the 2011 Season opener. They knew about it, encouraged it. Williams has had this rep for years, and Payton was willing to take a $250K pay cut to get him on the team.

I have no doubt that Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Mickey Loomis and Tom Benson knew what was going on, and encouraged it. I also think that the punishments are not only not enough, but I feel like they are the least the NFL could do. The only reason there is any punishment is because Goodell's hand was forced by the unbelievable arrogance and stupidity of the organization. 5 years of protecting the behavior of this team, and I'm sure there is much more that we don't know about.

Man, did not know this. Well Sean Vicodin Payton is more of a sniveling wretch than I thought.

Payton isn't innocent at all. He's just as guilty as Williams. All these "sources" claiming Payton "ASKED" Williams to stop is BS. If your the HC you don't ask someone to "STOP" doing shid. You say stop it and it stops. Point, Blank. Payton is trying to cover his asre. Nothing more nothing less. He knew about this in 2008-09. Not only should he have been banned, he should've been fired. Any other coach would've been fired and nobody in this league would want him as a part of there football team

Peyton deserves more than one year ESPECIALLY due to the fact that he is appealing punishment laid down on him that is supposed to teach him a lesson.

He hasn't learned it. He's not sorry for being a part of it. He's sorry for BEING CAUGHT.

At first I thought the one year suspension was appropriate even though I joked with co-workers that it was a slap on the wrist. However, after listening to the audio I think Payton should get the indefinite suspension and Williams should be banned for life no exceptions.

As head coach Payton is equivalent to the CEO of a company and as defensive coordinator Williams was equivalent to a COO. Any of you that work in the corporate world know that if the COO is doing something illegal the CEO will be held accountable regardless of whether he knew it or not. He will be held accountable by both the shareholders and the courts.

If Williams is giving a rant for minutes on end in the locker room, Payton is either fully aware of it and condones it because he didn't stop it or an incompetent fool. Even the Falcons homer in me knows Payton isn't incompetent. The bounty scandal is the NFL's equivalent of doing something incredibly illegal in the corporate world such as embezzlement or cooking the financial books. If a CEO did that he would be fired and never given another job, therefore I believe Payton's punishment should be far greater than it is.

Was listening to some sports talk radio station far out of the ATL or NOLA demographic- and the host kept ripping on this notion of Williams going "rogue."

I can understand why you might be tempted to throw your former DC under the bus...but to go so far as to actually do it? Especially one that you ostensibly have a high level of respect for?

I admired Payton from a tactical standpoint and honestly didn't really have much against him...outside of him coaching the Saints...but this guy is a sniveler.

Say what you will about Williams, but he didn't run off whimpering to Goodell-throwing his colleagues into his mess.

Payton and Loomis are paid mad stacks. One would think they could take their lumps with some degree of nobility.

Petrino fkd up neck bout to get a divorce probably will fk up his coaching abilities. Same with sean peyton a year removed the scorn of a nation cabana boys. It seems that the falcons karma has finally shifted mayans must be right this has to be some sort of sign of a coming apocalypse.

If it means we win a Super Bowl...I welcome armageddon with arms wide open.

Saints on the decline, wake up son your dream has ended. The Saints will continue to dominate the NFC South with or without the head coach.

I initially thought the penalty was too harsh. Then all the Payton weasel act. Dude's the sniveling mad scientist villain character in a bad movie.

I don't want him banned. I want him to come back- even appeal the suspension- only to witness the decline of his team as they relocate to Anaheim after years of failure.