Brees Signs Deal With Taints Floating On Their Forums

big_D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheIdowu

wow, that would be an avg of 23 mil per season. . . that is waaaayyyy too much for one player. im sorry. 1/5 of the cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheIdowu

they had about a million in cap space, so if they did i'm curious as to how they did it.

That sure that was taking his franchise tag into consideration which was probably about $15-18M. If true my guess is they used that amount and back loaded a good amount of his deal.

Loomis gives TD another lesson. They got Hawthorne, Lofton, Bunkley and Grubbs, plus re-signed Brees and Colston with less cap space than us. TD better get Ryan re-inked before he has a good year and hits the $20M/yr stratosphere.

Guest Gritz

Loomis gives TD another lesson.

I'm starting to believe that isn't all that difficult to do.

I'll give Dimitroff credit for one thing this year. He has a big set on him. He is betting virtually everything that the problem was with the coordinators, not the roster.

That sure that was taking his franchise tag into consideration which was probably about $15-18M. If true my guess is they used that amount and back loaded a good amount of his deal.

Loomis gives TD another lesson. They got Hawthorne, Lofton, Bunkley and Grubbs, plus re-signed Brees and Colston with less cap space than us. TD better get Ryan re-inked before he has a good year and hits the $20M/yr stratosphere.

Will you stop with this Loomis giving TD a less bull chit he has not.

The falcons have signed more players then the saints.

Most of them just happen to be our own players.

Stop being a doosh

If the saints were signing great players it would be true but it is not.

They signed lofton and hawthorn who are good players but will be out of position.

Bunkley is a major bust. ( He has 6 sacks in 6 years mean while Peters has 4 sacks in 2 years) **** even Jerry is less of a bust because he atleast has an injury excuse......

Grubbs was a great signing but all of their other signings have not addressed the fact they get to the QB less then the falcons do up front ( their leading sacker was a safety) And they still can not cover TEs......... Because neither Hawthorn or Lofton are particularly good at pass coverage.

I don't know about Loomis giving TD a lesson.... based on how they've been doing things they would have had to have backloaded the contract but as we know it doesn't look like the cap is going to increase until 2016.

So unless Drew Brees has an idiot for an agent I don't think they backloaded everything into the last 2 years because they're obviously never going to pay that.

I agree that Ryan needs to get re-inked before his deal expires.

Edited by Sun Tzu 7

Guest Gritz

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but this is a very interesting and somewhat controversial path Dimitroff is taking.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that I was sad to see our coordinators go. I wasn't.....but I sure thought we'd FA shop a bit more outside of our own grocery store....

Loomis didn't let 18-20 contracts expire in 2012. Another lesson.

Yeah because letting things like long snapper expire is bad.

He did not let his franchise qb expire, nor the supposed best guard in the game expire, or a a number 1 wr's contract expire.

But yea keep fretting over a bucn of back up contracts.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but this is a very interesting and somewhat controversial path Dimitroff is taking.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that I was sad to see our coordinators go. I wasn't.....but I sure thought we'd FA shop a bit more outside of our own grocery store....

Yeah I thought we'd go after Nicks or Grubbs but I guess/hope we didn't go after the big money contracts this year because of the cap not rising until 2016.

Well we did sign 2 guys while injury risk are starting caliber.

I am surprised as well but even now a month into FA there are still several FA's that we may probably look at, as well as june first cuts and then the draft where we have almost a full draft ( 6 picks)

It may not seem like it but it is still early in the offseason. And I have little doubt when week 1 rolls around the roster will be different then now.

Yeah because letting things like long snapper expire is bad.

He did not let his franchise qb expire, nor the supposed best guard in the game expire, or a a number 1 wr's contract expire.

But yea keep fretting over a bucn of back up contracts.

Dude let a major player on all three levels of the defense expire. Then he lost the one with the most long term potential to a division rival that Loomis gladly snapped up in a hurry. He still has to deal with Miko after seeing Loomis handle his franchise player. And he doesn't have a 1st, 4th or any cap space to work with. Dude got took to school while he was dragging you around on his n-sac. Laughable.

Dude let a major player on all three levels of the defense expire. Then he lost the one with the most long term potential to a division rival that Loomis gladly snapped up in a hurry. He still has to deal with Miko after seeing Loomis handle his franchise player. And he doesn't have a 1st, 4th or any cap space to work with. Dude got took to school while he was dragging you around on his n-sac. Laughable.

what draft picks and cap space does loomis have to work with?

what draft picks and cap space does loomis have to work with?

Lommis and Saints

Lost Nicks replaced him with Ben Grubbs

Resigned Colston and Brees

and brought in huge upgrades at LB in Hawthorne and Lofton

what did we do this off season ?

Lose Lofton replace him with a 3rd round pick or a LB that was injured and out of football for year

No upgrade on oline ..BRING BACK BAKER

brought back same pass rush that was one of the WORST in league

bring back a inconsistent S in Thomas Decoud

Resigned Tony G to a tune of 5.5 mil cap hit for a TE on his last leg and 1 year deal

No1st or 4th round pick ..

Guest Fibonacci

The taints have about 17 million in cap. the tag cost them 16 million. meaning they had 1 million left.

If this 155/5 year is true....and I so hope it is. then it means that is 23 million a year. meaning they have to really cut some big time players. now brees may sign it this season where he goes less, but that means next year it will be worse. and also just like next year Lofton and all the other signings will be going up. so you can count on seeing a lot of players being cut in time. they will have to cut one to two big contract players. and if they only do one or two, then they'll have to cut another big one next year and then a couple more big ones later down the road.

Lofton was a FA for what 2 weeks?

How is that " in a hurry" when we have seen FAs get signed within HOURS of the FA period.

by your very definition TD school Loomis.

Loomis let Brees expire, he let Colston Exspire and he let nicks exspire.

H paid top dollar for Colston, we hill be paying top dollar for Brees.

Mean While Td let Abe expire............and then signed him for 4 times less of what he made last year last year we paid him 9 million this year he will barely be making 2)

He let Lofton expire because we had already drafted a player who was a clone of lofton the year before, as well as signeda player that is 3 times better then lofton in pass coverage at his position.

Not to mention Loomis let a starting corner go to the broncos, as well as a starting wr go to the chargers.

We have lost what ONE starter in FA...Lofton.

The saints lost what 4 starters?

Nicks, Meechum, Porter and at least a couple linebackers.

but yeah Td was taken to school. rolleyes.gif