Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Mlb Season Thread

1,012 posts in this topic

I know I've seen it posted on here couple of times but today is the first time I've ever listened to the Nationals broadcasters and I can agree that they are pretty baised! Such homers!

The fact that they put a Colts-Jaguars game on a Thursday night is a complete joke!

Nobody likes playing in the Thursday games. Don't see the Pats stuck playing them

Nobody likes playing in the Thursday games. Don't see the Pats stuck playing them

The point was it's a national TV game. Neither team deserves to have a national TV game this year. And the Pats are playing on Thanksgiving this season.

The Nationals have done a pretty good job of closing out games without Drew Storen but they sure could have used him today. Nats took a 2-0 lead to the 9th inning only to see Brad Lidge give up a 2-run bomb to Logan Morrison. Game is now in the 10th inning.

Nats win 3-2 in the bottom of the 10th. Adam LaRoche hit into what should have been an easy double play but an error allowed the Nats to get runners to the corners with nobody out then Ian Desmond hit a sac fly to end the game. Nats now 12-4.

That was the most intense and nerve racking perfect game ever pitched.

Big time props to Humber for throwing a breaking ball with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-2 count and a perfect game on the line.

and LMAO @ the Red Sox.

Going into the 7th inning they had a 9-0 lead over the Yankees. After a grand slam by Swisher, an RBI single by A-Rod, and a 3-run HR by Tex, it's now 9-8 with Andruw Jones at the plate.

The point was it's a national TV game. Neither team deserves to have a national TV game this year. And the Pats are playing on Thanksgiving this season.

NFL network gets the lousy games, although the battle of the Harbaugh brothers ended up being a good one. I get sick of the same 8-10 teams in prime time games and I bet some of their fans, especially ones with kids, get sick of having to go to all late games on the home schedule.

That was the most intense and nerve racking perfect game ever pitched.

Big time props to Humber for throwing a breaking ball with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-2 count and a perfect game on the line.

It takes major guts to throw that pitch and even bigger guts by the umpire to actually make the correct call that Ryan swung at the pitch.

NFL network gets the lousy games, although the battle of the Harbaugh brothers ended up being a good one. I get sick of the same 8-10 teams in prime time games and I bet some of their fans, especially ones with kids, get sick of having to go to all late games on the home schedule.

I agree I like to see different teams but I don't want to see a snooze fest either. Do the Colts and Jaguars even have fans? Great to see the Texans get their share of national TV games.

The NFL has stated that every team in the league will have at least one nationally televised game. This is not a bad thing. It's great for the league.

You guys are complaining about the Yankees and the Red Sox, 2 gigantic markets constantly playing on national television, yet you turn around and slam the fact that Indianapolis and Jacksonville is a nationally televised game.

I mean seriously, what is it that you actually want? You don't want the big markets on TV and you don't want the small markets on TV...only middle of the pack markets, then?

The NFL has stated that every team in the league will have at least one nationally televised game. This is not a bad thing. It's great for the league.

You guys are complaining about the Yankees and the Red Sox, 2 gigantic markets constantly playing on national television, yet you turn around and slam the fact that Indianapolis and Jacksonville is a nationally televised game.

I mean seriously, what is it that you actually want? You don't want the big markets on TV and you don't want the small markets on TV...only middle of the pack markets, then?

It has nothing to do with the fact that the Colts and Jags are small market teams. It has to do with the fact that the Colts only won 2 games last season and will have a rookie QB playing for them. The Jags won 5 games last season and their QB is horrible or at least he was last season. This game on paper looks like a horrible matchup.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the Colts and Jags are small market teams. It has to do with the fact that the Colts only won 2 games last season and will have a rookie QB playing for them. The Jags won 5 games last season and their QB is horrible or at least he was last season. This game on paper looks like a horrible matchup.

So do we only put the good teams on national television then? How do we determine who is going to be good and who isn't? Because you know what happens right? Some teams aren't as good as everyone thinks they are and some teams that people think will suck end up being awesome. Nobody in the world saw a Pittsburgh vs. San Francisco on Monday Night Football in the offseason and thought anything other than "Pittsburgh will slaughter them." It ended up being the other way around.

It comes back to my age-old theory: People don't actually hate the big market/popular teams. They just say they do because they think that's what they're supposed to say. "Oh fooey another Yankees/Red Sox matchup I hate ESPN!!" *3 hours later* "I can't believe the Red Sox blew that giant lead!"

People love big markets and they love traditional powerhouses, as much as they like to scream at the top of their lungs that they don't- the ratings tell the truth.

Nobody else notices how people love to crap on ESPN for catering to the Boston/New York/Chicago/Dallas/LA markets but then the SECOND someone tries to give them Memphis vs. Toronto everyone screams "Who wants to watch this garbage??!?!?"

So do we only put the good teams on national television then? How do we determine who is going to be good and who isn't? Because you know what happens right? Some teams aren't as good as everyone thinks they are and some teams that people think will suck end up being awesome. Nobody in the world saw a Pittsburgh vs. San Francisco on Monday Night Football in the offseason and thought anything other than "Pittsburgh will slaughter them." It ended up being the other way around.

It comes back to my age-old theory: People don't actually hate the big market/popular teams. They just say they do because they think that's what they're supposed to say. "Oh fooey another Yankees/Red Sox matchup I hate ESPN!!" *3 hours later* "I can't believe the Red Sox blew that giant lead!"

People love big markets and they love traditional powerhouses, as much as they like to scream at the top of their lungs that they don't- the ratings tell the truth.

Nobody else notices how people love to crap on ESPN for catering to the Boston/New York/Chicago/Dallas/LA markets but then the SECOND someone tries to give them Memphis vs. Toronto everyone screams "Who wants to watch this garbage??!?!?"

Again it has nothing to do with the market. Maybe it's the fact that it's the Colts/Jaguars and the fact that I've seen them more than enough times to last the rest of my life. If it were the Browns/Bengals you wouldn't hear 1 word from me because I never get to see the Browns and Bengals play. That's my problem here.

Nothing to do with the market size. And I really don't give a flying **** about the Yankees or Red Sox but of course I'm gonna watch because it's on tv and there was no other sporting event on TV at this time that I care about because the rest of the things on TV sporting wise was basketball and I don't care for basketball.

I don't care for the Reds/Cubs but I watched that baseball game today because I love to watch baseball. I will end up watching the Colts/Jaguars game because it's football and I love to watch football. But I'd rather watch a different game. That's all I'm saying.

Phillies had to put Cliff Lee on the DL today with an oblique injury.

Huh, funny how he pitches for ten innings and then ends up on the DL.

Man the Rangers pitching has been off the charts this season. They've played 15 games. They've given up 5 runs once and 4 runs 3 times and every other game they've given up 3 runs or less. That's how you get a 12-3 record.

Its still very impressive and just incredible really a sport thats been played as long as baseball this is only the 21st time its happened and thats pretty amazing