Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Mlb Season Thread

1,012 posts in this topic

Man you would never figure that a team with Jay Bruce, Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Scott Rolen and others would struggle to score runs but the Reds offense has been down right offensive so far this season. The Reds have scored 33 total runs this season in 12 games. That's 2.75 runs per game. They've been held to 1 run 6 times already.

Baker has to be on the hot seat since winning the division they've been a letdown

Totally agree. They only won 79 games last season after winning the division in 2010. Add in all the major off-season moves they made getting ready for this season he has to be on the hot set if they don't make the playoffs.

The Giants beat the Phillies 1-0 in 11 innings. Cliff Lee pitched 10 shutout innings and it took him only 101 pitches to do it. Basically 10 pitches an inning. Wow!

The Giants beat the Phillies 1-0 in 11 innings. Cliff Lee pitched 10 shutout innings and it took him only 101 pitches to do it. Basically 10 pitches an inning. Wow!

I miss watching Greg Maddux do stuff like that.

Well, if he still lost, fat lot of good it did him.

Felix Hernandez pitched 8 shutout innings tonight and racked up 12 strikeouts and left with a 1-0 lead and the bullpen lost the game. Just imagine how many wins he would have in his career if he pitched for the Yankees or Rangers.

Phillies shutout the Padres 2-0 tonight. Phillies have now on 12 straight games at PETCO. That's the longest road winning streak for the Phillies over the Padres in team history.

Felix Hernandez pitched 8 shutout innings tonight and racked up 12 strikeouts and left with a 1-0 lead and the bullpen lost the game. Just imagine how many wins he would have in his career if he pitched for the Yankees or Rangers.

The last time an AL pitcher did what King Felix did tonight (8 shutout innings with 12 strikeouts) in a loss was Mark Mulder for the A's against the Angels in 2002.

Curtis Granderson went 5-for-5 with 3 homeruns tonight for the Yankees. That's the first time that has ever been done for the Yankees. Unbelievable!

They Phillies bullpen lost the game.

Maybe, but it is still a loss no matter how it came about.

Catch, step and throw triple play for Blue Jays Adam Lind. 1st for the team since 1992 vs Braves in World Series?

So Lind caught a liner at 1B (1 out), stepped on 1st (2 outs) and then threw to 2nd (3 outs)? Did I get that right? And did the Blue Jays do a triple play against the Braves in the 92 World Series? If so I wouldn't have a clue because that I was too young to remember.

So Lind caught a liner at 1B (1 out), stepped on 1st (2 outs) and then threw to 2nd (3 outs)? Did I get that right? And did the Blue Jays do a triple play against the Braves in the 92 World Series? If so I wouldn't have a clue because that I was too young to remember.

You're right on the Lind play. Just taking a shot at you Braves fans on the other. It was a famous, debatable call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6XhZTMEj8

You're right on the Lind play. Just taking a shot at you Braves fans on the other. It was a famous, debatable call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6XhZTMEj8

Wow. That's the first time I have ever seen that video. WTF was Terry Pendleton thinking there? I don't know which baserunning blunder was worst. That blunder by Pendleton there or Lonnie Smith against the Twins in the 91 World Series?

How in the world can ESPN claim not to be baised when all they care about is the Yankees and Red Sox? Get this. ESPN is currently in the middle of the following string of games.

Sunday - Angels vs. Yankees

Monday - Twins vs. Yankees

Wednesday - Rangers vs. Red Sox

Sunday - Yankees vs. Red Sox

Monday - Yankees vs. Rangers

The Dodgers are over hyped at 11-3. Can an 11-3 team be over hyped? Certainly at least in the case of the Dodgers. While everyone is declaring them the best team in the NL nobody has looked at who they have played. They have played the Padres, Pirates, Brewers and now Astros.Those 4 teams have a combined record of 19-37.

How in the world can ESPN claim not to be baised when all they care about is the Yankees and Red Sox? Get this. ESPN is currently in the middle of the following string of games.

Sunday - Angels vs. Yankees

Monday - Twins vs. Yankees

Wednesday - Rangers vs. Red Sox

Sunday - Yankees vs. Red Sox

Monday - Yankees vs. Rangers

Outside of the Yanks and Sox, MLB is pretty regional. It's all about ratings. Look at the bright side. We're not gonna be tortured by a bunch of prime-time Colts games in the NFL this year.

Outside of the Yanks and Sox, MLB is pretty regional. It's all about ratings. Look at the bright side. We're not gonna be tortured by a bunch of prime-time Colts games in the NFL this year.

The fact that they put a Colts-Jaguars game on a Thursday night is a complete joke!

Also the Padres are set to release Orlando Hudson after his very slow start and not getting involved with any of the younger players

Red Sox are close to getting Marlon Byrd but im not sure why because entering today hes at .070 (3-for-43) 0 HR 2 RBI .149 OBP

Hmm. I guess the Red Sox are desperate after starting the season 4-9 and I guess this also means that they are more worried about Crawford's wrist than they let everyone believe.