Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Mlb Season Thread

1,012 posts in this topic

I can't believe I posted all these posts in this thread thinking I was in the game thread. I deserve an I'm stupid sign.

But here's a note. Aaron Harang gave up a leadoff single to Cameron Maybin to start the game. Harang then struck out 9 straight Padres before giving up a solo homerun to Will Venable. That was 1 shy of Tom Seaver's record 10 straight strikeouts.

Mets shutout the Phillies 5-0 today on only 6 hits. The Phillies offense has been horrible without Utley and Howard in there. They are averaging only 2.5 runs per game. They've already been held to 2 runs or less 5 times in 8 games. That's why they are 3-5 to start the season.

Goes to show you

Mets shutout the Phillies 5-0 today on only 6 hits. The Phillies offense has been horrible without Utley and Howard in there. They are averaging only 2.5 runs per game. They've already been held to 2 runs or less 5 times in 8 games. That's why they are 3-5 to start the season.

Goes to show you that you can have the best pitching in the world but if you don't got hitting... then your in deep ****.

What is it with these teams that have won the World Series the past few years wearing these uniforms with gold on them in their home opener the next season? Here are the jerseys the Cardinals wore tonight.

cardinals-gold-jersey1.jpg

Braves to retire Smoltz’s No. 29

9:10 am April 16, 2012, by Carroll Rogers

It was only a matter of time before John Smoltz took his rightful place in the Braves Hall of Fame, and his No. 29 on the left field façade, alongside those of Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine. That time will be June 8.

The Braves announced Monday that Smoltz’s would become only the ninth number retired by the organization in a ceremony before the Braves play the Toronto Blue Jays in a series opener on Friday, June 8.

Smoltz will join Bobby Cox (6), Maddux (31), Glavine (47), Dale Murphy (3), Phil Niekro (35), Hank Aaron (44), Eddie Mathews (41), Warren Spahn (21), and Jackie Robinson (42).

Smoltz, who spent 21 seasons with the Braves, won the Cy Young in 1996 and was an eight-time All-Star. He is the only major league pitcher to win at least 200 games and save 150. While leading the Braves on an unprecedented 14-year postseason run from 1991 to 2005, he accumulated the most strikeouts in postseason history with 199

This gives Smoltz a chance for some proper due from Braves fans after his awkward departure following the 2008 season. Smoltz didn’t have an official retirement announcement or a farewell tour of the league, after finishing his career with the Red Sox and Cardinals in 2009.

I really wish perspective was used more for judging teams. I'm talking about judging a team by not only what they do but who they do it against. The Dodgers are 9-1. That's great and all but all 10 games have been played against the Padres and Pirates. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that 2 of the 4 worst teams in the NL?

Pitching matchup of the evening that nobody is gonna see, but will be a great one in 5 years? In Lansing, Michigan the local Lugnuts of the Midwest League with host the South Bend Silver Hawks. Noah Syndergaard facing Archie Bradley. This might be the 2017 equivalent of Justin Verlander vs Felix Hernandez.

I don't know if you guys saw but last night Jamie Moyer got the win for the Rockies. He is now the oldest pitcher in the history of baseball to win a game at age 49.

Playoff game? Why would they play Sunday evening unless ESPN was gonna telecast?

I meant a Sunday game period. Have the Yankees-Red Sox ever played a Sunday game that was not on ESPN? The same can be said for Fox. Have they ever played a Saturday game that wasn't on Fox?

Nationals just beat the Astros 3-2. Nationals are now 10-3 to start the season. Best start to a season for the Expos/Nationals since the 1981 Expos started 11-2. The Expos ending up making the playoffs that season that was a interrupted strike season. It's the only season the Expos/Nationals have ever made the playoffs.

Watching Jarrod Saltalamacchia bat and his stance is a lot different than it was back in 2007 for the Braves. He's now got an open stance and no longer has the bat waggle going.

Nationals just beat the Astros 3-2. Nationals are now 10-3 to start the season. Best start to a season for the Expos/Nationals since the 1981 Expos started 11-2. The Expos ending up making the playoffs that season that was a interrupted strike season. It's the only season the Expos/Nationals have ever made the playoffs.

This isn't like 2005 which was a fluke for them. Their pitching is downright FILTHY. They are just better then I thought they would be this year and they are this good without Morse and Harper...gonna have to lookout for them.

This isn't like 2005 which was a fluke for them. Their pitching is downright FILTHY. They are just better then I thought they would be this year and they are this good without Morse and Harper...gonna have to lookout for them.

This ain't a surprise to me. What is a surprise is that they've done this without Drew Storen closing out games and as your said without Morse.