Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Mlb Season Thread

1,012 posts in this topic

Rangers will start Darvish and the O's havent announced yet but it will likely be Joe Saunders

Reports from Tim Kurkijan are that Buck Showalter really doesn't want to start Saunders against the Rangers in that ballpark because he is a lefty so it could be rookie Steve Johnson going for the O's.

The Red Sox finish the season at 69-93 and in last place in the AL East. It's their first last place finish since 1992. The last time the Red Sox won fewer than 70 games in a non-strike shortened season was 1965 when they finished at 62-100.

Congrats to Miguel Cabrera for winning the Triple Crown (.330/44/139). First time it's happened since 1967.

Congrats to Miggy. Been a long time since the Triple Crown was captured.

With all the newer sabermetrics numbers floating around baseball, is it time to revise the traditional Triple Crown away from fluffy stats like RBI and average? Mike Trout was a 10 WAR player, despite missing a significant number of games.

Congrats to Miggy. Been a long time since the Triple Crown was captured.

With all the newer sabermetrics numbers floating around baseball, is it time to revise the traditional Triple Crown away from fluffy stats like RBI and average? Mike Trout was a 10 WAR player, despite missing a significant number of games.

I think it is and so do many people I talk to. But I was really happy to see Cabrera do something that hadn't happened in such a long time.